No announcement yet.

Kudos for RPotM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use the command once every 24 hours. It does not have a specific reset time.
    Active Projects:
    • Priorities
      1. Bug fixes
      2. Fixes for existing hunting grounds/NPCs (ongoing)
      3. Basran Hill story, eventual lead to ToH.
    • Side projects
      1. Malezzerai (dialogue ongoing)
      2. Armour Rebalancing (ongoing)
      3. Assisting org/event GMs with lore consistency and coding support.
      4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

Here is a list of how the new RP rewards will be calculated for the new RPotM system.

pts = points you've earned for the month (using the formula posted above)
      rps = Role Point Reward

under 100pts: rps = pts
      100 - 200pts: rps = pts * 1.5
      200 = 300pts: rps = pts * 2
      above 300pts: rps = pts * 2.5
      winner: rps = pts * 3 (In case of a tie, all "winners" will go by this formula)
      Does this mean that winners of the RPotM don't get the special stuff that used to come with winning it? I.E. makeover, special event, remove a trait, etc?

Comment

Do you have to be top ten to get the multiplier bonus? I.e Joe Bob has 304 points for month of July but is ranked 17th... Does he get nothing? Or does he get multiplier bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
          Do you have to be top ten to get the multiplier bonus? I.e Joe Bob has 304 points for month of July but is ranked 17th... Does he get nothing? Or does he get multiplier bonus?
          Anyone who has earned anything will get the points now. There is no 11th place cutoff any more.

To Herdias' question: We're keeping it at straight Role Point awards currently. The Prize List hasn't been used in a couple of years at least.
          Active Projects:
          • Priorities
            1. Bug fixes
          • Side projects
            4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

In light of that Kneller will there be additional RPS spending options like the old rewards ? like 1krps or 2k rps for citizenship or removing traits etc

Comment

How are bonus points calculated in to this? And why do I never see them rewarded anymore?

Comment

They are still being awarded I received one recently

Comment

First off, the system will not be based entirely off Bonus Points alone. A new point system will be created to allow players to gain points based off a few different factors:
                  Bonus Point = 100 points
                  Role point = 1 point
                  Kudos = 5 points
                  So a single bonus point in a month will net you 150 RP. (100 * 1.5)

Also, it would be worth mentioning that is looks like at a minimum any instance RP rewards granted are doubled at the end of the month.

Comment

I don't know about other people but I'm sitting pretty at 150 points. The mathematical average of points per person who has gotten any is 70.7 points. (6505/92) I'm sure there are folks with more than me. I'm sure there are folks with 5 points as well. But I don't think the system is being abused. And with the raising of RP costs I think the multiplier are fine. If you "win" for the month, you get I'm assuming about 500-1000rp's That's not too bad at all. However, if someone is being favorited and gets 3 bp's and everyone of their friends kudo's them every day and they've got like 600 points I could see how that could be bad in the long run. That char now has enough rp's to buy more than likely 3 stat upgrades. (Assuming they've been in game all the time to get 1 million kudos.)

Comment

I like this system more than I thought I would. The rewards might be smaller for some people, but we already have way more players getting recognized for good RP than before.
                      Don't tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by zeldaiscool View Post
                        In light of that Kneller will there be additional RPS spending options like the old rewards ? like 1krps or 2k rps for citizenship or removing traits etc
                        That is not something we have discussed. Our focus for this month was to get a new and improved system in place. Expansions on it will be considered once we're satisfied with the award system.
                        Active Projects:
                        • Priorities
                          1. Bug fixes
                        • Side projects

Comment

Overall so far it already seems like a far better system anyhow.Good work loads of positive changes lately its great to see

Comment

Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
                            I also want to throw out there that we are also looking into possibly awarding a Role-Player of the Year in tandem with RPotM. The points you receive each month will also be saved so at the end of the year they can be tallied up to determine who wins RPotY. A possible reward for this that we are considering is a customized character for your account (one we would work with you on) that would be placed in some type of "official" position in the game. This is not written in stone, but it is something we are discussing.
                            Any update on this?

Hoping it's still in consideration.

Comment

Working...
                            X