Atrocious Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atrocious Lag

Not sure how many people experienced this last night around 915-1000 PM EST, but lag was seriously delaying a group of us.

- People following the leader were getting dropped
    - Weapon attacks weren't registering
    - The group, when it followed successfully, would actually lag behind a pace, sometimes showing "So and so arrives following player" when you arrived at your destination
    -Long delays in talking, whispering, etc
    Nothing much to say.

I noticed it last night leading up to the event. Whoever was setting that up was killing us with lag.

Comment

Opps! Meant tonight, 17 June. But yes, last night too.
      Nothing much to say.

Comment

Oy vey...the lag!

Comment

The following problems have been happening for 2-3 days now. It's been @reported by a couple of us, so hopefully they can find out what's wrong.

Comment

As Sceadu already announced yesterday morning, TEC is scheduled for maintenance and downtime from 9:30AM - 12:30PM Pacific.
            Active Projects:
            • Priorities
              1. Bug fixes
              2. Fixes for existing hunting grounds/NPCs (ongoing)
              3. Basran Hill story, eventual lead to ToH.
            • Side projects
              1. Malezzerai (dialogue ongoing)
              2. Armour Rebalancing (ongoing)
              3. Assisting org/event GMs with lore consistency and coding support.
              4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

I've posted an update in the Admin thread.

In short, I've done what I can to allow some system-intensive processes to take short cuts so that they may run as smoothly as possible tonight, and I've updated Shannon on all data I've managed to collect on our recent lag. I've given him and the other staff my hypotheses on causes, probable sources and effects. I'm going to bed now.
              Active Projects:
              • Priorities
                1. Bug fixes
                2. Fixes for existing hunting grounds/NPCs (ongoing)
                3. Basran Hill story, eventual lead to ToH.
              • Side projects
                1. Malezzerai (dialogue ongoing)
                2. Armour Rebalancing (ongoing)
                3. Assisting org/event GMs with lore consistency and coding support.
                4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

You rock.

Plus, when the poor over-worked hard drives get some much-needed attention, and everyone notices how much faster TEC is, your hard work will keep on working - and help the next time someone sneezes in the server room too

P.S. Don't sneeze in the server room.
                Originally posted by glenh
                Maybe a new 'general' skill called "wait". Which allows you to wait for boats/caravans etc. Each rank could give you a 1% chance not to miss it so at rank 100 you'd be best at catching the boats whilst AFK, and it would also provide a benefit to ranking it up.

Comment

Woot woot!

Comment

Did the game freeze everyone out or is it just me?
                    No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

Nope. Seems the game is down.

Edit: After about 10 minutes not being able to connect, seems she's back up.
                      Don't be fooled, Miri is a vegan.

Sicaslash: Parsnips are for girls.

Comment

Just froze for 48 mins... I thought it crashed

Comment

The hamster spinning the wheel to run the server died of a massive heart attack as of 15 minutes ago. Pity, that's the third hamster this week.
                          "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

The sticky note that was on Tale's Big Red Button that says "Do not press this button" fell off. I pressed the button. Sorry guys. We're back flying again.

Comment

If I had to deal with that machine noise, I'd be screaming at the servers too.

Comment

Working...
                              X