Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

VC Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC Package

Just to make sure, does the character have to be a year old to receive the first vet char package? I remember seeing a chart about older characters getting better packages, but since there's a new update I was hoping you can provide a new chart.
    Originally posted by Sceadu
    It WILL be monitored.

Code:
    Less than 6 months..... None
    6mo - 1yr..... Level 1
    1yr - 2yr..... Level 2
    2yr - 3yr..... Level 3
    3yr – 4yr….. Level 4
    4yr – 5yr….. Level 5
    5yr and over….. Level 6
    Code:
    *Package(Cost)*	|*GSPs*	|*Credits*	|*Wealth*	|*Stats* |*Extras*|
    1. (1000 rps) 	| 250 	| 10 		| 5t 		| 10 	 | None |
    2. (2000 rps) 	| 500 	| 20 		| 10t 		| 15 	 | None |
    3. (3000 rps) 	| 750 	| 30 		| 15t 		| 20  	 | None |
    4. (4000 rps) 	| 1000 	| 40 		| 20t 		| 25 	 | Makeover |
    5. (8000 rps) 	| 1500 	| 80 		| 40t 		| 30 	 | Makeover |
    6. (10000 rps) 	| 2000 	| 100 		| 50t 		| 40 	 | Makeover and custom item |

Comment

It's also based on your total ranks although I'm not sure you could get enough within 6 months time.

Comment

Originally posted by sammus12 View Post
        It's also based on your total ranks although I'm not sure you could get enough within 6 months time.
        Ranks have nothing to do with it.

Jkidd was correct, and I've put the only missing detail in bold below:

Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
        We have made a change to the policy concerning the awarding of Veteran Character packages for characters that have been PK’d. This policy change will NOT be retroactive. The following is now the current formula for determining what level package will be offered:

*The package offered will be based off character age. (from the time of creation until the time of death).
        *One month will be added to this age for every 250 Role Points spent on the character. (RPs counted are those directly spent on the character itself [description changes, stat increases, etc], not any spent on items, events or other.)
        *The total number of months credited will be rounded to the nearest year.

Less than 6 months..... None
        6mo - 1yr..... Level 1
        1yr - 2yr..... Level 2
        2yr - 3yr..... Level 3
        3yr – 4yr….. Level 4
        4yr – 5yr….. Level 5
        5yr and over….. Level 6

To remind everyone what each level includes:
        Code:
        *Package(Cost)*	|*GSPs*	|*Credits*	|*Wealth*	|*Stats* |*Extras*|
        1. (1000 rps) 	| 250 	| 10 		| 5t 		| 10 	 | None |
        2. (2000 rps) 	| 500 	| 20 		| 10t 		| 15 	 | None |
        3. (3000 rps) 	| 750 	| 30 		| 15t 		| 20  	 | None |
        4. (4000 rps) 	| 1000 	| 40 		| 20t 		| 25 	 | Makeover |
        5. (8000 rps) 	| 1500 	| 80 		| 40t 		| 30 	 | Makeover |
        6. (10000 rps) 	| 2000 	| 100 		| 50t 		| 40 	 | Makeover and custom item |
        Game Master Tale
        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

May be a dumb question but does the one month per 250rp's thing include veteran character package purchase price? I.E. if I bought a 1000rp vet char would I then have 4 months of bonus time?

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
            Ranks have nothing to do with it.
            Oh. I was confused with RP investment I think.

Comment

May be a dumb question but does the one month per 250rp's thing include veteran character package purchase price? I.E. if I bought a 1000rp vet char would I then have 4 months of bonus time?
              Yes.

The only time this will not be part of the equation is if it is a VC that was awarded due to a Justice PK that winds up getting Justice PK'd again.
              Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Just to be SUPER CLEAR:

If you add a character to @chopping-block, and he/she is killed by a GM as a result of adding him/her to @chopping-block, ARE YOU ELIGIBLE for a Vetchar Package?

Comment

yes, learn to read?

Comment

Will free accounts be able to get vet packages?
                    Originally posted by Sceadu
                    It WILL be monitored.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentael View Post
                      Just to be SUPER CLEAR:

If you add a character to @chopping-block, and he/she is killed by a GM as a result of adding him/her to @chopping-block, ARE YOU ELIGIBLE for a Vetchar Package?
                      Yes if the death is a result of being on the Chopping Block list, and not a result of asking to be killed by a GM, you would get the appropriate VCP.

Originally posted by Giant View Post
                      Will free accounts be able to get vet packages?
                      Nothing prevents freebie accounts from receiving the appropriate VCP after an acceptable character death. You just wouldn't get the automated message asking if you'd like to spend rps to upgrade the package when you go to use it, because freebies can't make rps purchases.
                      Game Master Tale
                      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                        yes, learn to read?
                        I was just confused because in my weird twisted mind; adding a character to the "chopping block" is in a way, ASKING to be killed by a GM.

It then goes on to say that ASKING to be killed by a GM will NOT result in a Vetchar Package.

When it comes to the death of characters, it's always best to be super clear.

Comment

Is there anything above a level 6? As in, can someone add RPS to a level 6 and get more? I'm just curious because there are some characters that are more than 6 years old and have 10k+ RPS into them and so the extra month per 250rps doesn't really help there.
                          <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                          Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                            Is there anything above a level 6? As in, can someone add RPS to a level 6 and get more? I'm just curious because there are some characters that are more than 6 years old and have 10k+ RPS into them and so the extra month per 250rps doesn't really help there.
                            No. VCs are supposed to soften the blow of starting a new character - whether PK'd or otherwise. Edit: There are extreme circumstances when a person has received more than what the 10k offers, but...

Also, I had the same slight confusion as Sentael, but Archmagi should be warned about his grumpiness.

Comment

don't take it personally, you can't post a three character post. so I had to add something more than yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information