Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

VC Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is ChoppingBlock still a command?
    Flamboyant

Comment

From my experience, a forum ban is supposed to be targeted towards the person behind the monitor rather than the name the person is using.
      Flamboyant

Comment

Originally posted by Telvanni Guard View Post
        Is ChoppingBlock still a command?
        @chop <character>

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by celticdark View Post
          By chance to you want to viciously murder my char?
          I very honestly think this is a question your character should ask themselves in game. Are they making anyone upset or angry? Are they speaking out in ways they ought not to? Have they drawn ire before, multiple times?

It's not rocket science. I personally do not want to murder anyone. My GMNPCs, and the organizations I am head of may wish to, however.

This was just a bump to bring the @chop command back up to returning players and for veteran players to keep in mind that actions have consequences (even for my GMNPCs)!

Happy playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bian View Post
            I very honestly think this is a question your character should ask themselves in game. Are they making anyone upset or angry? Are they speaking out in ways they ought not to? Have they drawn ire before, multiple times?
            yup, but I guess not enough to get more than a beating!

Comment

Originally posted by Bian View Post

It's not rocket science. I personally do not want to murder anyone. My GMNPCs, and the organizations I am head of may wish to, however.

This was just a bump to bring the @chop command back up to returning players and for veteran players to keep in mind that actions have consequences (even for my GMNPCs)!

Happy playing.
              yes, yes and yes i think :P anyway if the storys good i dont mind a char getting bumped off. think i wanna try and get past dec first so i can get a tier 3 vc instead of a 2 -eyeshift-
              Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
              Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Open up the PK's some more. If a character on the chopping block gets a pk request against them that seems even remotely valid, it should be approved. From personal experience, I can tell you that they aren't being approved. I average 3 to 5 requests a week and haven't gotten any of them! Ok, that's a slight exaggeration, but I've put multiple requests in and get told the same old story...'you have to exhaust all the other options first. Beatings, bone breaks, and cuttongues come before PK's.' Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Bottom line: there isn't enough danger in the game. Opening up PK's some more will add that. IG consequences for IG actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                  Open up the PK's some more. If a character on the chopping block gets a pk request against them that seems even remotely valid, it should be approved. From personal experience, I can tell you that they aren't being approved. I average 3 to 5 requests a week and haven't gotten any of them! Ok, that's a slight exaggeration, but I've put multiple requests in and get told the same old story...'you have to exhaust all the other options first. Beatings, bone breaks, and cuttongues come before PK's.' Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Bottom line: there isn't enough danger in the game. Opening up PK's some more will add that. IG consequences for IG actions.
                  I would ask that you pose that to the Du-meister, as I'm not in charge of that sort of thing.

I would fully support it, but I am not in charge of shifting the game in such a way.

Comment

Pks/Danger etc

I agree. With the decline of any form of banditry I've noticed a decline in any form of danger as well. Perhaps make bandit clans joinable with bandit tats that give auto pk to whoever wants to take them on and limited to certain areas of the gameworld. Or something more challenging than npcs. Also cease GMPC interference to bring "balance".

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Bubba View Post

I agree. With the decline of any form of banditry I've noticed a decline in any form of danger as well. Perhaps make bandit clans joinable with bandit tats that give auto pk to whoever wants to take them on and limited to certain areas of the gameworld. Or something more challenging than npcs. Also cease GMPC interference to bring "balance".
                      I can speak only for myself, but I wouldn't ever swoop in with any merited PK or looting as long as it was well played out and not an OOC griefing. Even then, I would award OOC punishment to those involved instead of bringing it in game.

If you all send @feedbacks, or emails, the policy may be changed! You never know.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information