Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

No Refund Policy = Unhappy Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krisslanza View Post
    SP refunds are nice and all but... SP isn't limited. It's not like even losing 8k SP means you suddenly can't just go earn 8k SP eventually anyway. SP is infinite. I can see a refund being given for something DRASTICALLY new - like saying "Okay you get ONE weapon and ONE style".

But in the case of the gladii change all the change did was prevent you from fluidly switching between all three on the fly. Nothing is stopping you from deciding to use Pardelain, Nelsor, or Avros. You just can't use all three at ONCE. You can, at best, flip between Pardelain/Nelsor and Avros/Nelsor now.

But hey, what do I know? Pretty much everyone on the forum hates my opinion anyway.
    Please tell me what the point of that would be? It would be the equivalent of my character learning OHS + Nelsor, then Grandmastering two other weapon sets such as Knives and Whips. Do you see lots of people that grandmaster three different weaponsets? If you add in Brawling changes Mausx was left with four grandmastered weaponsets (excluding OHS) that are only effective by themselves. Nobody does that..they do at the most 2. Nobody is doing my character any favors by letting him use his secondary/novelty glad sets whenever he feels like being a fancy boy.

SP isn't limited. It's not like even losing 8k SP means you suddenly can't just go earn 8k SP eventually anyway.
    You'll be a Gamemaster in no time. To get the 8k back it will take my time and effort and will probably be late 2014. Nothing like losing a years worth of progression.

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
      Please tell me what the point of that would be? It would be the equivalent of my character learning OHS + Nelsor, then Grandmastering two other weapon sets such as Knives and Whips. Do you see lots of people that grandmaster three different weaponsets? If you add in Brawling changes Mausx was left with four grandmastered weaponsets (excluding OHS) that are only effective by themselves. Nobody does that..they do at the most 2. Nobody is doing my character any favors by letting him use his secondary/novelty glad sets whenever he feels like being a fancy boy.

You'll be a Gamemaster in no time. It will take my time and effort and will probably be late 2014. Nothing like losing a years worth of progression.
      I don't even see how that's remotely the same. You can still use Nelsor with either of the other two by just discarding your shield. It's not like having to change the weapon.

And me a GM? Please. I'm entirely too lazy, and I care nothing for PvP balance. I'd probably do things people would abuse the crap out of and get fired.

Or just do nothing and get fired. Or do something silly and... yeah. I think we get it.

I feel so loved.

Comment

I don't even see how that's remotely the same. You can still use Nelsor with either of the other two by just discarding your shield. It's not like having to change the weapon.
        Nelsor would be my primary weapon, I would always have the shield for the skillset. Sorry, I'm not walking around losing my third layer of defense so my character might have a situation where Avros makes more sense than my primary (READ: MOST RANKS) weapon (which would happen maybe 1/365 days of the year). Please stop trolling me, I realize its not intentional but just stop...please...I've suffered enough.

Comment

EIGHT RULES OF GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE

1) Communicate.
          Talk to your customers. Be openly communicative. Keep in regular contact. Outreach independently of requests for you to do so.

2) Don't make promises unless you will keep them.
          Not plan to keep them. Will keep them. Reliability is one of the keys to any good relationship, and good customer service is no exception. If you say, “Your new bedroom furniture will be delivered on Tuesday”, make sure it is delivered on Tuesday. Otherwise, don't say it. The same rule applies to client appointments, deadlines, etc.. Think before you give any promise - because nothing annoys customers more than a broken one.

3) Listen to your customers.
          Is there anything more exasperating than telling someone what you want or what your problem is and then discovering that that person hasn't been paying attention and needs to have it explained again? From a customer's point of view, I doubt it. Can the sales pitches and the product babble. Let your customer talk and show him that you are listening by making the appropriate responses, such as suggesting how to solve the problem.

4) Deal with complaints.
          No one likes hearing complaints, and many of us have developed a reflex shrug, saying, "You can't please all the people all the time". Maybe not, but if you give the complaint your attention, you may be able to please this one person this one time - and position your business to reap the benefits of good customer service.

5) Be helpful - even if there's no immediate profit in it.
          The other day I popped into a local watch shop because I had lost the small piece that clips the pieces of my watch band together. When I explained the problem, the proprietor said that he thought he might have one lying around. He found it, attached it to my watch band – and charged me nothing! Where do you think I'll go when I need a new watch band or even a new watch? And how many people do you think I've told this story to?

6) Train your staff to always be helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable.
          Do it yourself or hire someone to train them. Talk to them about good customer service and what it is (and isn't) regularly. Explains the basic of ensuring positive staff-customer interactions before you do anything else. Most importantly, give every member of your staff enough information and power to make those small customer-pleasing decisions, so he never has to say, "I don't know, but so-and-so will be back at..."

7) Take the extra step.
          For instance, if someone walks into your store and asks you to help them find something, don't just say, "It's in Aisle 3". Lead the customer to the item. Better yet, wait and see if he has questions about it, or further needs. Whatever the extra step may be, if you want to provide good customer service, take it. They may not say so to you, but people notice when people make an extra effort and will tell other people.

8) Throw in something extra.
          Whether it's a coupon for a future discount, additional information on how to use the product, or a genuine smile, people love to get more than they thought they were getting. And don’t think that a gesture has to be large to be effective. The local art framer that we use attaches a package of picture hangers to every picture he frames. A small thing, but so appreciated.
          If you apply these eight simple rules consistently, your business will become known for its good customer service. And the best part? The irony of good customer service is that over time it will bring in more new customers than promotions and price slashing ever did!

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
          HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

The very very first thing all of the BRP members agreed to when my group started out, was that ANY substantive changes to combat would come with full @sp-refund options. Period. Before we made any suggestions on changes, we decided that that was very important. It was a core oprinciple to all of our changes. That nobody would be punished by them, that the purpose of fixing combat was improving play experience and the first step of improving play experience was making any substantive changes as seamless and painless as possible.

By alienating your players, or making them feel that THEY THE PLAYER have been punished by a change, rather than simply their character's capability minorly adjusting for the worst, you push them away from the game. They enjoy it less. They feel angry. It isn't about entitlements or rewards, it is about positive attitudes. When everybody is positive about -their own weapon being weakened- you have succeeded. When everybody is angry about it, -you have failed-.

You can say "this isn't a job" or "I am not paid" but you are a fucking idiot if you think that either of those matter. You have obligations. You have responsibilities. And the PRIMARY DUTY of a GM is to improve the play experience for as many people as possible. Period.

Grant the option of SP-refunds to characters with any maneuver and/or skillset that you downtweaked in any noticeable way. Nobody suffers for this. It isn't hard.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Krisslanza:

We appreciate your voice. We do. I say we as in 'the general playerbase' not any individual player. But the fact is, and I do not mean any disrespect in this, you -do not- understand combat balance in PVP. You just don't.

You have an opinion and it is your right to voice that opinion and others can choose to address it and debate against it but the fact of the matter is this:

In attempting to balance combat those who have a firm grasp of PVP balance should be listened to. Those who don't should not, or should be listened to in a lesser context.

If you have questions, ask them. If you have suggestions, give them. But do not make the mistake of thinking your opinion about PVP balance is equally valid to mine, or Jkidd's, or Max Powers. Because it isn't. It may be one day. But it isn't now. And that isn't arrogance, it is just the reality of the specialized knowledge required.

And I realize that I just triple posted. whatever.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

SP isn't limited. It's not like even losing 8k SP means you suddenly can't just go earn 8k SP eventually anyway.
                lol, does your combat character have 8k SP? I'm doubting this. How old is your character?

So you wipe out all of your combat SP (since you have less than 8k) and you say "ah, who cares. You can go get more."

Sound logic there.

Comment

assuming you earn 300 SP a week, and if you are earning more than that you are scripting, or grinding insane amount of hours, we're talking 6 MONTHS for a midbie to earn 8k sp. for my character to earn 8k sp requires that I train him about 10 hours a week, for about 9 months.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                    assuming you earn 300 SP a week, and if you are earning more than that you are scripting, or grinding insane amount of hours, we're talking 6 MONTHS for a midbie to earn 8k sp. for my character to earn 8k sp requires that I train him about 10 hours a week, for about 9 months.
                    You forget how easy it is for newbies to earn SP. Now, if you're talking about a vet who unlearned, then yes, I agree.

Comment

A PLAGUE HAS COME OVER IRIDINE WIPING OUT EVERY SINGLE PERSON LEAVING NOTHING BUT DUST.

100 years later, the population begins to grow again with all new faces you do not seem to recognize.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkticketsarefun View Post
                        A PLAGUE HAS COME OVER IRIDINE WIPING OUT EVERY SINGLE PERSON LEAVING NOTHING BUT DUST.

100 years later, the population begins to grow again with all new faces you do not seem to recognize.

Problem solved.

Iridine is reborn.
                        Don't tread on me.

Comment

Problem solved.
                          6 months pass.

How has this 'problem' been solved in any way?

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                            6 months pass.

How has this 'problem' been solved in any way?
                            no one has 7 inhumans and 50k sp in 6 months... and no one can bitch about traits or skill refunds... PROBLEM SOLVED

Comment

no one has 7 inhumans and 50k sp in 6 months... and no one can bitch about traits or skill refunds... PROBLEM SOLVED
                              by 50k sp I mean 100k sp

Comment

No. They'd just bitch that the griefers were far far harder to deal with than they were before the purge. That the 'minmaxers' and 'grinders' and 'scripters' were accelerating at far faster rates compared to the rest of the world's characters, than they ever did pre purge. That all of the money rather than a fraction of the money, was in the hands of the same 3 players.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information