In Game Help Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Game Help Files

I, for one, would like to offer assistance in updating some of the help files. Some of the skill sets are not current or missing information. Some elements are a little labored, such as trying to search for Nelsor, but not being able to get to it until you go through Swords, One-handed Swords and then finally Nelsor. Sound good, GMs? Sign me up.

For skillsets specifically, it would be neat if you could ask the trainer about that move and have them explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyrah View Post
      For skillsets specifically, it would be neat if you could ask the trainer about that move and have them explain it.
      The one-handed axe teacher is the only one I am aware of doing this. Would be pretty awesome if all the others did as well.

Comment

I could write the dialog and submit it, if one of the gms was offering to copy protarian's Q&A onto the others.

Reparte should definitely do this if at all possible.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

CKF teacher does it as well.

Comment

Can we have boards near the trainers that outline pre-reqs? Or some return dialog?

"Ariston what is tiger slash like?
            Ariston says to you, "ahh tiger slash, blah blah, you need to be practiced with your basic slashing to use it properly however."

So gives a brief description of the move, and tells you any pre reqs. Would hate for someone new to the game figuring all this out if they don't know the wiki or have skillsets saved.
            Argued with GM Tale on forums.
            Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
            Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
            It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
            Originally posted by Tale
            My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
              I could write the dialog and submit it, if one of the gms was offering to copy protarian's Q&A onto the others.

Reparte should definitely do this if at all possible.
              If you submit Q&A trainer dialog, I'll see about updating the appropriate NPCs.

If anyone wants to submit possible dialog for any NPC that currently has none, or you feel could just use an update, that is something I would happily work on updating.

@request -> General Request -> "Tale: <NPC>/Trainer Dialog"
              Game Master Tale
              Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Pssst. Dialogue.

You may want to save the location of the NPCs so you can go back and fix your typos/mispellings.

Comment

lulz u r totes rite broham

Diologue is the English spelling. Diolog is the American English variant spelling. Either is correct.

But your mildly passive aggressive point is still valid. I generally can't spell worth a damn.
                  Game Master Tale
                  Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                    If you submit Q&A trainer dialog, I'll see about updating the appropriate NPCs.

If anyone wants to submit possible dialog for any NPC that currently has none, or you feel could just use an update, that is something I would happily work on updating.

@request -> General Request -> "Tale: <NPC>/Trainer Dialog"
                    Oh, that's actually pretty cool. I'll probably contribute to this.

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                    lulz u r totes rite broham
                    Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Rythgen View Post
                      Lulz

A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                      A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                      A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Not gonna lie. Most heartfelt guffaw of my day.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Working...
                        X