Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Sparring in leda's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    To me it just seems weird. All the SP, no risk. Combat in my opinion should have risk.

    You can just as easily be social on a hunting trip. In fact, more so since you have to wait on spawns. Most are just too lazy to leave the city though.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by |Onyxum| View Post
      To me it just seems weird. All the SP, no risk. Combat in my opinion should have risk.

      You can just as easily be social on a hunting trip. In fact, more so since you have to wait on spawns. Most are just too lazy to leave the city though.
      Or don't have the time or availability. Try having kids. I log off and on all day. Although I'm just negative and should be ignored like Kriss.
      Argued with GM Tale on forums.
      Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
      Skotos didn't care.

      Originally posted by Elowynn
      It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
      Originally posted by Tale
      My apologies to Glenh.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by glenh View Post
        Or don't have the time or availability. Try having kids. I log off and on all day. Although I'm just negative and should be ignored like Kriss.
        Even in that situation, you can stay in the city and fight gladiators in the Colosseum. Proves to be social as well at cycle change, considering there're like six people out on the sands at a time.

        Still has risk, though. Minimal but it's risk.

        Comment


        • #34
          the risk of standing berserk in a room with a bunch of other berserk people...

          is ludicrously higher than the risk of standing wary in the colosseum.

          I saw DOZENS of people pked/comaed/looted during sparring's height.

          Originally posted by VinianQuartz
          HAIL CULEXUS

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Armataan View Post
            the risk of standing berserk in a room with a bunch of other berserk people...

            is ludicrously higher than the risk of standing wary in the colosseum.

            I saw DOZENS of people pked/comaed/looted during sparring's height.
            Out of curiosity, how many of them were scripting? Because I admit I used to mess people up just for not paying attention.

            If you're at your keyboard, there's zero risk. Unless a top-tier combatant comes in and guards the exit just to knock around a noob.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by |Onyxum| View Post
              Out of curiosity, how many of them were scripting? Because I admit I used to mess people up just for not paying attention.

              If you're at your keyboard, there's zero risk. Unless a top-tier combatant comes in and guards the exit just to knock around a noob.
              Or 2 mid tier combatants come in and guard the exit just to PK an enemy? That does happen, and did happen. When I myself got attacked, I was cognizent enough that I was in a normal stance and had fallen back before the first attacker approached me, and I recognized that the guy I had been sparring previously was part of it before he'd actually done any damage. It didn't change the fact that it was a far more reliable means of pinning the character down than the road, or the grass lands, ever could be.

              Certain characters, Ciaran for example, are like clockwork. They go to the same hunting ground at the same time every day. And if you have a specific reason to attack that specific character you're golden. But as far as a bandit of opportunity, the ease of attack is far greater in a dojo... In fact, I might argue it is the ONLY place that such pvp can currently happen, what with the state of brise, run, prone shot nerfs, stunning shot nerfs, and clasp/grapple/hook/catch nerfs.

              Originally posted by VinianQuartz
              HAIL CULEXUS

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                I saw DOZENS of people pked/comaed/looted during sparring's height.
                Pretty sure I sparred much more then you during it's height, and I actually saw... zero people. Definitely calling you out on this one.

                I've -HEARD- of 1 person being Coma'd. Most of the KO's were idiots who had a grudge against someone. They were arrested, because.. uhh.. Leda and Gilven saw it all?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Opinions on the Sparring changes? I'm not really impressed.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Dalos87 View Post
                    Opinions on the Sparring changes? I'm not really impressed.
                    Tell us how you really feel.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I feel tired. I thought the League of Legends worlds were gonna be on at 4am my time so i stayed up only to realise it started at 10am. Then i fell asleep at 6:30am and got woken up at 7:30am and have had no sleep since.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Dalos87 View Post
                        I feel tired. I thought the League of Legends worlds were gonna be on at 4am my time so i stayed up only to realise it started at 10am. Then i fell asleep at 6:30am and got woken up at 7:30am and have had no sleep since.
                        I tried that game. Didn't much like it. I've been getting bored of every PC game too fast lately.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Hearthstone seems alright if you like the TCG games.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Opinions on the Sparring changes? I'm not really impressed.
                            I feel the same. Leaves me wondering why it was even changed this time.

                            It still won't be used, may as well just left it alone.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
                              I tried that game. Didn't much like it. I've been getting bored of every PC game too fast lately.
                              I'm giving FFXIV a go at the moment, seem's good so far. And different to a point. LoL is good too though
                              Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                              Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                              Skotos didn't care.

                              Originally posted by Elowynn
                              It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                              Originally posted by Tale
                              My apologies to Glenh.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Dalos87 View Post
                                Opinions on the Sparring changes? I'm not really impressed.
                                Seem's like they gave people what they wanted? I expect to see a lot of sparring on the first 2 nights of the cycle, then none.
                                Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                                Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                                Skotos didn't care.

                                Originally posted by Elowynn
                                It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                                Originally posted by Tale
                                My apologies to Glenh.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information