Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Sparring in leda's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenh View Post
    I'm giving FFXIV a go at the moment, seem's good so far. And different to a point. LoL is good too though
    I don't know if I'm in the mood for a MMO, especially one I'd have to pay full price for. Already wasted money on Rome II.

I was about to pick up SWTOR again while I wait for the Xbone to come out, but after having multiple 50's... err, no way. I beasted LOL when I had it, so maybe I'll give it another shot if I get super bored.

Comment

If you @feedback or @report why sparring still isn't a viable or worthwhile option, I am sure Raphael will review the mechanics when he has time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
        I was about to pick up SWTOR again while I wait for the Xbone to come out, but after having multiple 50's... err, no way. I beasted LOL when I had it, so maybe I'll give it another shot if I get super bored.
        Imperial Agents, ftw.
        Originally posted by Mast3rmind
        Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
        Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
        Ravenlark pats you.
        Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Originally posted by Vladmir View Post
          Imperial Agents, ftw.
          Operative was my second char to 50, like a week after launch. They got nerfed hard.... almost as hard as Pardelian.

Comment

All those Thrawn-wannabes had it coming. Try playing a Commando / Mercenary before the Hutt Cartel.

Comment

Mate wouldn't play because he couldn't be a ewok Jedi . I can't even remember what I had
              Argued with GM Tale on forums.
              Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
              Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
              It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
              Originally posted by Tale
              My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

There's an ewok companion in the cartel market, now. Between them and the giant crawling lizard mounts, the fleet resembles a zoo.

Comment

Due to sheer laziness, I'd probably play a stationary class like a gunslinger. After being a guardian and a operative and almost getting carpal tunnel spamming off attacks in war zones, ouch. I had to get me a macro mouse so I could to 3 attacks on one input.

I enjoyed Sage a bit. Flinging pebbles got old. I was recently playing a merc, but got bored. I think it's the content that irks me. Playing it over again. It's one of the faster MMO's to max out in, so you can't complain that much. I'm so out of it I don't even know what is good pvp gear anymore. I heard battlemaster is obsolete.

Comment

this topic is way off topic, either get back on topic, or lock it down?

Comment

I sincerely appreciate the overwhelming trust the GMs have had for us and the respect they have given us in terms of listening to our ideas and implementing some of them.

I think we are on the right track towards sparring again, yet I feel that in it's current form it is still pretty useless. 1/4 of normal SP gain is harsh. I think the numbers should be tweaked a bit more.

Comment

Do you think 1/2 would make it more worthwhile, or not enough to bother?

The other idea I had was a sliding scale starting at 75% down to 25% as you get closer to the cap.

Comment

Still not worth it tbh. You can go fight gladiators/bandits for 2 fatigue bars and have already earnt more sp than what the cap is for sparring. Not to mention you if you were to spar your earning 1/4 or 1/2 sp per hit.

Comment

Sparring is meant to be an option, but not a superior one to fighting NPCs, nor a true replacement. It is basically free (read: minimal risk) SP for half of your cycle. I might consider 100% gains, but for less of the cycle.

Edit: Or a higher cap, but stay at the 25% gains.

Comment

I really dont see anybody using this as an option unless its put to its former state.

I wouldnt even do it then unless I had a character that couldnt fight gladiators. This is only hurting newer characters, IMO.

Comment

How does something going from 0 benefit to some benefit hurt new players?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information