Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Sparring in leda's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armataan
    replied
    Yep.

It gives less than any hunting ground, and it can't be afkscripted for maximum benefit, so it in no way 'increases' efficiency.

But it is still fast enough to be worthwhile if you are w illing to sacrifice a bit of efficiency.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Armataan View Post
    My recommendation with Raphael's stated reason is...

[(Standard gain)*(0.75)]
    (IF GAIN <= 0.025) THEN (TRUE GAIN = 0)
    IF (total gained sparring >= 1/2 reserve) THEN ( TRUE GAIN = 0)
    Just to make sure I understand: 75% gains for half of the cycle's SP, otherwise 0?

Leave a comment:

• lykatos
    replied
    Why not just make it 1/2 SP for the full cycle including min gains?

Leave a comment:

• Dalos87
    replied
    Like (y)

Srsly invest in a like button

Leave a comment:

• Tweninger
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalos87 View Post
    Dont get hunting grounds nerfed twen or ill come gain sp off you irl.
    We could spar on each other. I won't be there though. I'll be afk scripting.

Leave a comment:

• Armataan
    replied
    My recommendation with Raphael's stated reason is...

[(Standard gain)*(0.75)]
    (IF GAIN <= 0.025) THEN (TRUE GAIN = 0)
    IF (total gained sparring >= 1/2 reserve) THEN ( TRUE GAIN = 0)

Leave a comment:

• Dalos87
    replied
    Dont get hunting grounds nerfed twen or ill come gain sp off you irl.

Leave a comment:

• Tweninger
    replied
    I know I'll never spar again. After the first cycle of a newbie's existence they can hunt the villa/vale with pretty much the same amount of danger as sparring (practically none). Not only that, but they'll hit with a 5, get attacked with a 95, be able to obtain close to 100 denar per kill, and get full SP for each successful attack.

Yeah, I'm sticking to that plan.

Leave a comment:

• Ilaxandus
    replied
    Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    I want sparring to be an alternative, not the main way to train.
    Why? Is there some underlying motive to kill sparring sp? Seemed like the most IC way for many character types to train

Leave a comment:

• urek23
    replied
    As always, Krisslanza has no clue about anything combat-related.

Leave a comment:

• Zenerai
    replied
    No, you actually get minimal SP if you are in 'practice' mode. To spar now, you must be wielding a training weapon and you DO take damage. It's minimal, but you it still chips away at your HP.

Leave a comment:

• krisslanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Zenerai View Post
    Sparring with wooden weapons out of practice does damage. You could actually end up getting hurt from the sheer amount of "shallow cuts" to the neck if you aren't properly armored.
    Isn't the sparring system only in effect if you use the Practice Mode toggle? I haven't done it since I first started playing, since combat without any risk was kinda dull.

Leave a comment:

• Zenerai
    replied
    Sparring with wooden weapons out of practice does damage. You could actually end up getting hurt from the sheer amount of "shallow cuts" to the neck if you aren't properly armored.

Leave a comment:

• krisslanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Zenerai View Post
    A 95/100 roll is not going to give you any major injuries.
    I'm not sure how the crit system works, but I swear I've managed to do some pretty okay crits even on pretty low odds... or I could be crazy.

Still there is a very small, almost negligible risk even then. Sparring has absolutely none of it.

Leave a comment:

• Zenerai
    replied
    Originally posted by krisslanza View Post
    Not true. There is still a risk, you can just make it incredibly small. Even at perfect guards, you always have a 4% chance of being hit, and in those cases you can still get crippling injuries.

Sparring has an absolute 0 chance of hurting you. Never will a spar in Practice Mode make you sustain any injury whatsoever.
    A 95/100 roll is not going to give you any major injuries.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information