Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Can you answer this question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can you answer this question?

    We're going to be asking you, the players, questions that may be asked to certain NPCs and asking you to put yourself in the place of this NPC to come up with an answer. The answers need to be short and concise, including as much information as you can without going on and on. We'd prefer, at most, 3 short sentences that will answer the question. If it can be answered in less, that's great. The format that we'll use will be as follows:

    Name of the NPC that is being asked

    The question that is asked.

    We will award up to 20 RPs for each answer we use. If several people come up with very similar answers that are usable, the first one to answer will be awarded the RPs. If we use multiple usable answers to come up with the final answer that is used in the game, we will award each contributor.

    Be sure to quote the NPC and the question that is being asked when replying with your answers.

    I will start it off.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

    Phaedra:

    How can I become a gladiator?
    Last edited by Sceadu; 11-09-2013, 10:12 AM.
    Game Master Sceadu

  • #2
    Phaedrea

    How can I become a gladiator?


    Ah, If you aspire to be a gladiator, Head over to Ludus Vaestrius, in bronze lane, that is where all new aspiring gladiators start out. Moving on from that, you can seek out the Iridine's finest gladiator stables, The Silver Wolves or The Cruentus Laureola.

    Comment


    • #3
      Suggestion: Have it so the question has a keyword that will trigger the response as well, like the bank clerks and "inventory" or the innkeepers and "room", so people don't have to know the exact syntax (perhaps this is already planned).

      Septima:

      Q:
      What's in the alley back there?

      A:
      Septima rolls her eyes.
      "Don't go back there unless you're looking for trouble. Those alleys are full of drunks and thieves who'd just as soon stab you in the eye as look at you."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Guiles Thelon View Post
        Suggestion: Have it so the question has a keyword that will trigger the response as well, like the bank clerks and "inventory" or the innkeepers and "room", so people don't have to know the exact syntax (perhaps this is already planned).

        Septima:

        Q:
        What's in the alley back there?

        A:
        Septima rolls her eyes.
        "Don't go back there unless you're looking for trouble. Those alleys are full of drunks and thieves who'd just as soon stab you in the eye as look at you."
        Please leave the "questions" to us. We are working on dialogue for several NPCs at the moment. The "keyword" has already been included in the question. Right now we want to stick to answers to questions WE pose to you. Sometime later we may be taking suggestions as to questions you feel the NPCs should answer.
        Game Master Sceadu

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
          Please leave the "questions" to us. We are working on dialogue for several NPCs at the moment. The "keyword" has already been included in the question. Right now we want to stick to answers to questions WE pose to you. Sometime later we may be taking suggestions as to questions you feel the NPCs should answer.

          My mistake - I read through your first post too quickly and thought you were asking us to come up with the questions also.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Phoenix22 View Post
            Phaedrea

            How can I become a gladiator?


            Ah, If you aspire to be a gladiator, Head over to Ludus Vaestrius, in bronze lane, that is where all new aspiring gladiators start out. Moving on from that, you can seek out the Iridine's finest gladiator stables, The Silver Wolves or The Cruentus Laureola.
            I think this is a great. For a true newbie, however, I would edit it to:

            Ah, do you aspire to be a gladiator yourself? Gladiators can start out training their weapon at the Ludus Vaestrius. WALK TO the BRONZE LANE, and it'll be just to the west. This school will match some opponents to your skill level and begin your combat training. Moving on from that, you may seek to join some of Iridine's finest gladiator stables, such as The Silver Wolves or The Cruentus Laureola. Keep an ear open to hear these stables announce fights throughout the week.

            The biggest things I like to know when I start out a new game is: 1) How do I do things in an efficient way without necessarily needing someone to hold my hand through every step, and 2) where does everyone else hang out?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
              Please leave the "questions" to us.
              Why? Players are the ones who will be asking the questions in game. So therefor naturally players would be most uptodate what players actually would like to have answered? Perhaps another thread for questions?
              Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
              abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by enger View Post
                Why? Players are the ones who will be asking the questions in game. So therefor naturally players would be most uptodate what players actually would like to have answered? Perhaps another thread for questions?
                Please read the rest of that post. Yes.
                Game Master Sceadu

                Comment


                • #9
                  Congratulations to Elowynn for winning this round. This question is no longer in play. Stay tuned for future questions to answer.
                  Game Master Sceadu

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey did you read my emails, Sceadu? 8k sp...

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9Cg46Nktw

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jkidd View Post
                      Hey did you read my emails, Sceadu? 8k sp...

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9Cg46Nktw
                      OMFG. I am picturing Mausx as the paperboy from Better Off Dead forever.

                      Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                      HAIL CULEXUS

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information