Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Gleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleaning

When I first started playing, I noticed instances where I would gain a few skill points for watching someone do something or pick up a minor stat boost from an action. I understand these instances are few, but I have not seen one for months after an initial period of witnessing one every few weeks. The last time I had a moment of gleaning was for Combat Skills from watching someone perform a killing blow months ago. Has the system been removed or adjusted?
    Nothing much to say.

It hasn't. It's still working fine as far as I can tell.
    Edit: a few days ago a character gleaned some sp from watching my character kill something. A day or so before that one of my characters got a stat boost watching another character.
    Macro

There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not outside, not on other people. That comes afterwards, when you have worked on your own corner.
    - Aldous Huxley

Comment

I just gleaned about 8 hours ago. I tend to notice it happen when someone is vastly better than you.
      No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

The system from what I remember always needed the person to be better ranked then you, and much better then you makes sense for more often. My low-ranked combat skills glean fairly often, and there was a day when every killing blow got me SP gleaned.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information