New subscription benefit idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New subscription benefit idea

I think it would be cool if basic members got 1 free stat point a month and premium got maybe 2 or 3. I don't think it would be too terribly imbalanacing.

I think that would be pretty good idea

Comment

That's actually pretty interesting. Would get people to maybe keep an account paid even while they go dormant for a few months.

I'd also pay yearly if I got all the story points up front.

Comment

That's really not bad.

I think maybe 0 for basic, and 2 for premie would be the best balance. But... Either way, it's really a pretty neat suggestion.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Ssjflint View Post
          That's actually pretty interesting. Would get people to maybe keep an account paid even while they go dormant for a few months.

I'd also pay yearly if I got all the story points up front.
          Same here, I quit for months, or years at a time so never pay more than month to month. However, this would make me pay yearly for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
            That's really not bad.

I think maybe 0 for basic, and 2 for premie would be the best balance. But... Either way, it's really a pretty neat suggestion.
            Honestly that would not be bad either, I just know anyway to get stat points besides hundreds of hours or play would be nice.

Comment

How about premium for JUST tec....
              Argued with GM Tale on forums.
              Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
              Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
              It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
              Originally posted by Tale
              My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I love the idea. I disagree with Armataan though. I think basics should at least get something.

Comment

I disagree with the idea, stats don't matter as much as people want them too, they do matter, but stat increases should never be a perk of paying, that's what the rolepoints are for. What are you going to do, when lets say, 2 years down the line, everyone's been premium that whole time, but now.. everyone is also inhuman everything?

I vote no, just play more, get some bonus points, earn rps faster, get your kudos, get your rewards for playing well, get role player of the month, it doesn't take nearly 250 hours on premium to get a stat increase, if you're a great roleplayer. Heck, you could even get them as a freebie account, just pay once in awhile to spend the rps you get.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                    I disagree with the idea, stats don't matter as much as people want them too, they do matter, but stat increases should never be a perk of paying, that's what the rolepoints are for. What are you going to do, when lets say, 2 years down the line, everyone's been premium that whole time, but now.. everyone is also inhuman everything?

I vote no, just play more, get some bonus points, earn rps faster, get your kudos, get your rewards for playing well, get role player of the month, it doesn't take nearly 250 hours on premium to get a stat increase, if you're a great roleplayer. Heck, you could even get them as a freebie account, just pay once in awhile to spend the rps you get.
                    If it didn't take me 250 hours of premium to get ONE stat increase, i wouldn't hold onto my characters for 10-20 years.
                    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                    Originally posted by Tale
                    My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Talk about a dead horse. How many times does it take to figure out our ideas dont matter? Refund a portion of RPs on character death (or all), so many problems solved.

BTW, ArchMagi should know about stat purchases since he has a top-end PvP character. Oh wait..... his advice on this is about as good as a GMs advice on customer service.

Comment

Urek, there is no reason to resort to personal attacks, it merely makes you look bad, not the person you are attacking.

I said they were important, just not as important as everyone wants them to be, you can compensate for less than 7 inhumans.

Comment

At top end, you are not going to be viable without max stats.

I'm sorry if you don't believe there is a RP-accumulation-to-stat-point-purchase-to-character-attachment issue but there is.

Comment

Originally posted by urek23 View Post
                            I'm sorry if you don't believe there is a RP-accumulation-to-stat-point-purchase-to-character-attachment issue but there is.
                            Literally the only thing you need maxed stats for is beating Hurrok, Mausx, Danasei, and Vierra in a fight.

In fact, since Mausx uses nelsor primarily even he is defeatable without them.

A freebie account is capable of every aspect of PVP and PVE in this game, and is capable of getting to the top in that field.

Additionally, there is no realistic way to 'catch up' with characters like those anyways.

You're right of course. There IS an attachment issue, and I do think there has to be serious discussion by the gms about recompensation, and release of new packages following that discussion that are more satisfactory to players of these character types, but it's not nearly so big an issue as you make it out to be.

That being said...

Assuming you buy 5 years of premium up front, you will be guaranteed 120 stat points. That's 2 inhumans. Not 7. 2. You paid $1800 for 2 inhumans, and they will take 5 years to tick to completion.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                            HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post

Any reason to get people to actually play let alone pay for this game should be considered. Also it would still take YEARS for everyone to get all inhuman stats from this idea.

I would probably put most of the points into my alt, so that for when my main inevitably is murdered I wouldn't be starting from scratch I would have a character with a backstory and some decent stats. On a side note, I have played this game for a VERY long time and have 4 bps. However, I have four total bps. During that time, I have been a part of the planning or execution of some of the most game changing events in the game. Not everyone is willing to change the attitude of their character to be whored out for bps, kudos, and rpotm..not saying any of the current winners do just that it doesn't fit everyones characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X