Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New subscription benefit idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Tyril View Post
    so that for when my main inevitably is murdered
    Ding ding ding.

    I think people fail to see the logical expansion of any 'lets have stats more easily achievable' plan is "Everybody will be far easier to kill, via justification balance logic."

    Originally posted by VinianQuartz
    HAIL CULEXUS

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Armataan View Post
      Ding ding ding.

      I think people fail to see the logical expansion of any 'lets have stats more easily achievable' plan is "Everybody will be far easier to kill, via justification balance logic."
      I don't think making people easier to kill in the current combat system is going to work. Traps/hooks would need to be removed to give people a semi decent chance to run from any two players who attack them with the ability to hold them in place.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Armataan View Post
        Literally the only thing you need maxed stats for is beating Hurrok, Mausx, Danasei, and Vierra in a fight.

        In fact, since Mausx uses nelsor primarily even he is defeatable without them.

        A freebie account is capable of every aspect of PVP and PVE in this game, and is capable of getting to the top in that field.

        Additionally, there is no realistic way to 'catch up' with characters like those anyways.

        You're right of course. There IS an attachment issue, and I do think there has to be serious discussion by the gms about recompensation, and release of new packages following that discussion that are more satisfactory to players of these character types, but it's not nearly so big an issue as you make it out to be.

        That being said...

        Assuming you buy 5 years of premium up front, you will be guaranteed 120 stat points. That's 2 inhumans. Not 7. 2. You paid $1800 for 2 inhumans, and they will take 5 years to tick to completion.
        I should probably point out. If you DO want to compete with those people at the top, you're going to need Brudox style ranks to do so. The dude posts his ranks all the time, I believe he is 500/500 in most of the good moves, last he posted.

        He doesn't get more than a 70 on my 4 inhuman character with one layer against some of his moves. While my attacks roll 40-60 at 250/150. Our fights could go either way once stances start being shifted.

        The stat system is crap. It gives people an edge just because they spent more hours online than others.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ssjflint View Post
          I should probably point out. If you DO want to compete with those people at the top, you're going to need Brudox style ranks to do so. The dude posts his ranks all the time, I believe he is 500/500 in most of the good moves, last he posted.

          He doesn't get more than a 70 on my 4 inhuman character with one layer against some of his moves. While my attacks roll 40-60 at 250/150. Our fights could go either way once stances start being shifted.

          The stat system is crap. It gives people an edge just because they spent more hours online than others.
          How many RP's has that man obtained since he trained the 90k total SP in spears alone? My guess is enough to take all his stats to inhuman, even if they were really low to start.

          Not our fault the man didn't spend his RP's on his main.

          The stats are stats, and they'll never go away. God if they did, I would throw a fit, as well as numerous other people. To the point where I'd demand some money.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
            How many RP's has that man obtained since he trained the 90k total SP in spears alone? My guess is enough to take all his stats to inhuman, even if they were really low to start.

            Not our fault the man didn't spend his RP's on his main.

            The stats are stats, and they'll never go away. God if they did, I would throw a fit, as well as numerous other people. To the point where I'd demand some money.
            33000 rps thus far on my account...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Cecil78 View Post
              33000 rps thus far on my account...
              That's actually way less then I had expected, but still. That's a lot of stat increases

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                That's actually way less then I had expected, but still. That's a lot of stat increases
                Life's not all about stat increases

                Comment


                • #23
                  Anyone interested in having a full discussion of the perks of basic/premium?

                  I think it would be interesting to see what the player base wants, comes to a consensus, and share it with Skotos. Maybe add a third option, and shuffle around/add some perks.

                  Thoughts?
                  <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

                  Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

                  Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                  Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

                  A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                    Anyone interested in having a full discussion of the perks of basic/premium?

                    I think it would be interesting to see what the player base wants, comes to a consensus, and share it with Skotos. Maybe add a third option, and shuffle around/add some perks.

                    Thoughts?
                    A hahahahahahahahahahahahah

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                      Anyone interested in having a full discussion of the perks of basic/premium?

                      I think it would be interesting to see what the player base wants, comes to a consensus, and share it with Skotos. Maybe add a third option, and shuffle around/add some perks.

                      Thoughts?
                      That's a good idea. Not sure it'd make any difference, considering what I've seen since I got back, but still, a good idea. I do get the disinheartening feeling that we, as a paying player-base, really do not matter to SKOTOS, but I'd participate, just on the outside chance that they'd pay attention.
                      "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

                      Grateful Dead

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DeadheadZ66 View Post
                        Not sure it'd make any difference
                        Read my comment above to answer that question.

                        I raised this a while back through forum and email and got 0 replies. Not even a no. Not even a , we are not looking at changing subscriptions at this time. Just nothing. What you'd expect I guess.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by glenh View Post
                          Read my comment above to answer that question.

                          I raised this a while back through forum and email and got 0 replies. Not even a no. Not even a , we are not looking at changing subscriptions at this time. Just nothing. What you'd expect I guess.
                          That's a real bummer.
                          "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

                          Grateful Dead

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DeadheadZ66 View Post
                            That's a real bummer.
                            They're are good reasons for there attitude on skotos business model I guess.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by glenh View Post
                              They're are good reasons for there attitude on skotos business model I guess.
                              There are good reasons for their attitude on Skotos business model, I guess.

                              They're = They are
                              There = location (over there)
                              their = possessive (their arm)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                We pay for accounts, often premium ones, so we can get SP to spend on attribute points. I doubt they will do anything to help us get those points quicker.
                                No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information