No announcement yet.

New subscription benefit idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the focus on stats is to the lack of other options. Housing, citizenship, custom moves, have been basically been removed. With the high cost of custom items, especially for basic subscribers, its not a surprise that everyone goes for stats. At least there you have something tangible.

Having said that, I think Skotos is willing to listen to "perks" changes, as long as the conversation isn't solely about cost, but what you get for the cost.

I say this because I emailed them and they seem open to the conversation.

If anyone is actually interested, I say we do a BRP on subscriptions/perks.
    <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
    Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

It's simple. I don't want to pay $120 and play for ages over 3 months to get a custom item and maybe a stat increase. I don't want to pay enormous amounts of money and then HAVE to log in to benefit from me paying.
      Argued with GM Tale on forums.
      Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
      Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
      It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
      Originally posted by Tale
      My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

That's not constructive. I hope others are actually interested in finding a balance. Anyone?
        <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
        Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

I know right, you pay for perks but you have to spend 100's of hours in the game to even use them and get very small gains and the RP per hr rate is a joke, mine stayed at 2rps per hour since I've play.. I have gotten tons of Kudos and it never increases.. I was going to try and retrieve a old character so I subbed, I made 20 rp's that month and need 500.. lol that is 25 months at that rate with basic. And that is 4 months premium at 120 dollars to retrieve 1 character...

I won't be subbing again untill something is done for the players..

Comment

Including Storypoints?
            Flamboyant

Comment

Originally posted by Telvanni Guard View Post
              Including Storypoints?
              The 4 month is with story points.

Comment

Nobody is willing to put in any effort to think of and write down things that would improve player experience and game depth........ any more.

The people that still play are the equivalent of Milton in Office Space.

Comment

Originally posted by urek23 View Post
                  Nobody is willing to put in any effort to think of and write down things that would improve player experience and game depth........ any more.

The people that still play are the equivalent of Milton in Office Space.
                  Really? Look through the achieves, at tons of suggested ideals...

Player input? Didn't we do this before with the combat system and everything suggested wasn't even implemented, considered or even discussed?

It's a easy fix, award rp's per month 1000 basic/3000 premium with a slightly higher rp rate/hr per subscription, lower costs on sub shop, add a higher skill cap for basic and even higher for premium maybe no skill cycle,make gm's have more interaction with the game world, MiniStory events, Free custom alters (oh look a GM playing a weaponsmith came to town for alterations! Blacksmiths, beauty alters, Invasions).

That is about all you can do to the cash shop.
                  Last edited by OldVeteran; 01-24-2014, 12:34 PM. Reason: posted in anger

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
                    It's a easy fix, award rp's per month 1000 basic/3000 premium with a slightly higher rp rate/hr per subscription, lower costs on sub shop, add a higher skill cap for basic and even higher for premium maybe no skill cycle,make gm's have more interaction with the game world, MiniStory events, Free custom alters (oh look a GM playing a weaponsmith came to town for alterations! Blacksmiths, beauty alters, Invasions).

no to the guaranteed rps per month, but the other things you mentioned with the gm interactivity, has been happening, pretty frequently, not an every day thing, but pretty frequent. Way more than 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                      no to the guaranteed rps per month, but the other things you mentioned with the gm interactivity, has been happening, pretty frequently, not an every day thing, but pretty frequent. Way more than 10 years ago.
                      Not being mean, but could you clear this up alittle better, it's confusing I don't know if you agree or don't..

Comment

No to guaranteed role points? Yay, the main problem is having to PAY and then LOG insane hours to get a benefit. Give a flat RP for subbing and then bonus on top of it. 3000 RP a month for a premium sub you'd have everyone subbing, lot's of new nice custom item's and people with all kinds of alts.
                        Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

And by the way, this is why Skotos will never listen to these cries or care about it. People defending the current system. As long as someone like's it and is prepared to pay for it, it will never change. So make sure to thank them for that.
                          Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I'm going to assume people who say no to a RP stipend based off account type aren't willing to pay for the game. If that's the case, why should they be catered to?

Your RP accumulation should go up based both off of consecutive days logged in and account type, capping off at 5-7. If you've logged in 5 days in a row, your RP accumulation is x5 for basic, x10 for premium. It's as simple as that.

The price of RP purchases doesn't need to be adjusted if there's simply more RP's being accumulated. the GM's sorely need to revive ALL of the RP expenditure options that have been offered, and they need to make it a priority to work through requests for and WITH players to make sure the products coming out aren't mechanics game changers. I'd even go as far as to offer far more expensive options to go along with the increased RP accumulation rate.

I don't see this happening though, because we have a volunteer staff. they see none of the revenue, and deal with all of the work. That's not me defending the GM's either.I strongly believe that when you volunteer for a job, you fucking do it, or you get out of the way for someone who can.
                            Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                            I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                            Originally posted by Phwoar
                            Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                            Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
                              Really? Look through the achieves, at tons of suggested ideals...

Player input? Didn't we do this before with the combat system and everything suggested wasn't even implemented, considered or even discussed?

RP rewards just for having a subscription would be awesome, i'm not renewing my subscription and neither is my brother but that would get us both to I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyril View Post
                                RP rewards just for having a subscription would be awesome, i'm not renewing my subscription and neither is my brother but that would get us both to I am sure.
                                Would definitely love a solid RP award per month in addition to the story points.

It would keep my sub active even when not actively playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X