New subscription benefit idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
    Would definitely love a solid RP award per month in addition to the story points.

It would keep my sub active even when not actively playing.
    Originally posted by Tyril View Post
    RP rewards just for having a subscription would be awesome, i'm not renewing my subscription and neither is my brother but that would get us both to I am sure.
    Along with countless other people posting the same thing numerous times over the years.

Once again, good luck with any changes.
    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
    Originally posted by Tale
    My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I, not unlike Old Veteran, sub mainly as a way to "donate" to the game. I played for free when I had no job and no money. Now, I'm working an can afford to pay, so I do. I love this game and, also like Old Veteran, have been playing since shortly after beta.

That being said, I would sincerely appreciate a RP bonus for paying. At 3 RP's per hour, I don't expect to ever achieve "greatness" with my main. I simply don't have the time to play that it would require (maybe if I gave up sleeping, eating, house-keeping...), I can get in maybe 2-3 hours a day and have fallen asleep at the keyboard more than once. I finally (more than 3 months 'real-time') got my first 1k for a stat increase and had to give up on the obstacle course after blowing a couple days of my available time getting mostly failures and "false-successes" (you feel that your [stat] will improve with a little more work at the obstacle course), don't get me started on that one *chuckle*.

If there is a way to get SKOTOS to listen to our desires/hopes, I'd like to know what it is.
      "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

Roleplaying and involving oneself in the gameworld has netted players dozens of thousands of RPs in the short time since the new system's inception. Getting RPs is not so slow anymore.

Comment

I do not believe we should get rolepoints just for paying. They're the result of playing. I do not believe that stats should be that easy to get, and should take an investment of your time, not just oh, thanks for the $30, here's three stat boosts.

The things at the bottom of your post were talking about things that happen on a regular basis anyway, free custom work being done, happens all the time.

Better?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
            I do not believe we should get rolepoints just for paying. They're the result of playing.
            As it is now, if you don't pay you don't get any role points... Even with the playing. Are you saying you disagree with the way it's currently done?
            Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
            I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
            Originally posted by Phwoar
            Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
            Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
              Roleplaying and involving oneself in the gameworld has netted players dozens of thousands of RPs in the short time since the new system's inception. Getting RPs is not so slow anymore.
              Are we playing the same game?

I'll post Exquisites created date and total RP earned and you will laugh I think it is maybe 6000-9000 rp's earned total since 1990, I've subbed ALOT, and been in alot of RP with storyline, bandit wars, gang wars.. Yes, some months I don't sub and others I do...

Have gotten tons of Kudos..

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                I do not believe we should get rolepoints just for paying. They're the result of playing. I do not believe that stats should be that easy to get, and should take an investment of your time, not just oh, thanks for the $30, here's three stat boosts.

The things at the bottom of your post were talking about things that happen on a regular basis anyway, free custom work being done, happens all the time.

Better?
                Yeah custom work everywhere that's why everyone hides what very little custom items are in the game, and people walking around use store bought items over custom items in fear of losing what few they have...

Gear bought from shops should be starter gear than once you buy example...

I buy a retalq Gladi from the store 20-30 talents, I can then have it altered by a GM weapon-smith for another fee, same with armor.... Retalq=Retalq alter..

Would give income purpose also would inspire bandits, and people not quitting when they lose a custom altered item that took them 4 months to acquire..

Well the scale of rp's I listed that would be awarded is just a model values can change, who is you're main character in-game you don't mind me asking?

I mean I understand where you are coming from all your hard work put into your character, and people just getting three stat boosts a month no hardship what-so-ever , well change the values, also would you not sub and would that not still keep you in the lead?

Or are you a demi god in all stats already, would rather keep everyone under you untill they put in there time?

Not attacking you in anyway just curious, would help me think up a better ideal to get you on the bus.

Comment

Yeah giving everyone stat increases would hurt the game so much. I mean, if it was easy to buy increases I would never involve my character in pvp or risk him dying in case I need to get stats again.

If I got 3 stat increases a month for premium chances are a lot would go on alts and items even.

But yeah, keep the players who don't have 10 hours a day to farm rp's from subscribing.
                  Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see something that helped even the field a little. I'm not saying everyone should be equal, just that for those who can't put in the massive time that the youngsters can (not a slam at young players, I know a few you'd never guess are as young as they are), it'd be nice to be able to have some kind of chance of keeping up.

What about something like a RP gain bonus along these lines:

Free account: 0/hr - 3/hr -------- No bonus RPs

Basic sub: 2/hr - 6/hr ----------- Bonus RPs of average RP/hr rate x 50

Prem. sub: 4/hr - unlimited.----- Bonus RPs of average RP/hr rate x 100

This way, better role players still reap greater rewards. It's not solely a perk for paying. Us old farts who can only play a couple of hours a day (but have jobs that allow us to sub) have half a chance of keeping up with the youngsters who can 'power-game' for 10 hours a day. Everybody gets something, and the better a role-player you are (well, that and the better you know a GM *shrug*), the greater your reward.

Naturally, a free sub would have to pay for at least one month to spend their RPs, but that'd be something to look forward to. Even as a teenager, I could scrape up 20 bucks once in a while (inflation adjusted that'd be like $9,000.00 today, I'm pretty old), mainly by skippin' a couple cases of beer . Then it'd be like Christmas time with the RPs!

Just an idea. I like puttin' 'em out here and seeing what everyone else tweaks them into. We really have a powerful development tool here (our player-base's imaginations), it's too bad it seems to go largely ignored but that shouldn't stop us from trying. Occasionally we are listened to.
                    "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
                      who is you're main character in-game you don't mind me asking?

I mean I understand where you are coming from all your hard work put into your character, and people just getting three stat boosts a month no hardship what-so-ever , well change the values, also would you not sub and would that not still keep you in the lead?

Or are you a demi god in all stats already, would rather keep everyone under you untill they put in there time?

Not attacking you in anyway just curious, would help me think up a better ideal to get you on the bus.
                      I do not feel the desire to share my characters, but rest assured I do not have demi-god stats, just what you can get off the chargen. I like the reward of effort played.

What I would not mind seeing is freebies getting say... 0.25-1 rp per hour, so at least they still get something, even if they have to pay once in awhile to spend them. But the current rates are alright, you can increase your rate with bonus points, up to I believe 8 rp/hr for premium, which cuts the time to get a stat in half. Stats should not be that easy to get, or else everyone's on all inhumans, and there is no variety, and this becomes a mush, not a mud. Stats help people be different. I would find it boring if everyone was all even in every way, and the only way you could be better, is if you were more familiar with mechanics. I enjoy the differences, and give kudos to those who have lived as long as they have, to get to the point that they are considered top tier, as long as they didn't cheat in any way to get there. But anyone can be killed, and once they are, the next generation can become the best.

Comment

Several problems with your post:

The "new generation" is the same players with different characters. Stale.

Everyone is even in every way except the way you would think its boring, so that already exists.

At 8 rp/hr (which only a few get, see: favoritism), youre saying the 125 hours is an acceptable time frame to raise one stat by 10 points. That is absurd.

Lastly, any post about combat that ArchMagi makes holds the same merit as a post about combat by Krisslanza.

I dont see any problem with RPs being dished out at the beginning of your subscription, much better than it is now, which encourages people to bot their RPs or not subscrine because they dont have the time to get any of the alleged benefits that subscribing nets them. Also much better than an RP/$ system.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
                          Are we playing the same game?

I'll post Exquisites created date and total RP earned and you will laugh I think it is maybe 6000-9000 rp's earned total since 1990, I've subbed ALOT, and been in alot of RP with storyline, bandit wars, gang wars.. Yes, some months I don't sub and others I do...

Have gotten tons of Kudos..
                          Each Kudos turns into 5-15 RPs at the end of the month. Being involved in events and storylines while an SG is watching can net you RP bonuses. You get that immediately, plus 1-3x that amount at the end of the month.

Starting July 1st, 2013, the Role Player of the Month system will be slightly overhauled in hopes of making it more dynamic, include people that were overlooked in the past, and allow player input into the choosing the winner. Below is a breakdown of how the system will work:

First off, the system will not be based entirely off Bonus Points alone. A new point system will be created to allow players to gain points based off a few different factors:
                          Bonus Point = 100 points
                          Role point = 1 point
                          Kudo = 5 points

Each time a player receives a bonus points, they will be awarded 100 points towards RPotM. Every Role Point they are awarded for outstanding role play will count as a point towards RPotM. Each @kudo a player receives from another will award the player that receives the kudo 5 points.

In doing this, we are going to rework the @kudos system in an attempt to prevent abuse as much as possible. A player will only be allowed to award @kudos to one player a day. These will not “roll over”, so if you forget or miss using @kudos for a day, you will just lose it. A player will only be able to award an @kudos to a single character up to 5 times per month. Once they’ve awarded a single character 5 @kudos, they will have to choose other characters to award their @kudos to. This will make it possible for a single player to award up to 25 points to another character per month. A recording system will be put into place as well to monitor this so we may go back and any time and review who a player has voted for and how many times they have done so. If a player is found abusing this system in any way, their ability to use the system will be taken away entirely. Also, this system will be available to paid accounts only. This must be done to prevent people from creating alternate accounts just to award their own accounts points. There will be no mechanical restrictions put into place to prevent people from giving @kudos to their own alternate accounts, but let it be known, THIS WILL BE CONSIDERED ABUSE AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ABILITY TO USE THE SYSTEM IF YOU ARE FOUND DOING THIS. We truly hope our opening this up to players will make you take this opportunity to reward your fellow players that you feel are role-playing well and, in turn, enhancing your own role-play.
                          Here is a list of how the new RP rewards will be calculated for the new RPotM system.

pts = points you've earned for the month (using the formula posted above)
                          rps = Role Point Reward

under 100pts: rps = pts
                          100 - 200pts: rps = pts * 1.5
                          200 = 300pts: rps = pts * 2
                          above 300pts: rps = pts * 2.5
                          winner: rps = pts * 3 (In case of a tie, all "winners" will go by this formula)
                          I try to award my kudos to whoever deserves them. Unfortunately, I very rarely have more of a reason than a talkative broker and end up forgetting the system is there.

In my opinion, an optimal setup would have us getting a fair chunk for simply paying, maybe 250-500 for basic and 500-1000 for premium. 3000rps a month is just a stupidly large amount compared to what we get from other sources now. In addition to that, the above system could be weighted up just a little or other similar reward systems added. I do think we should get more RPs, but I think the majority of them should be through reward systems, not for just being a player.

Comment

Originally posted by urek23 View Post
                            Several problems with your post:

The "new generation" is the same players with different characters. Stale.

Everyone is even in every way except the way you would think its boring, so that already exists.

At 8 rp/hr (which only a few get, see: favoritism), youre saying the 125 hours is an acceptable time frame to raise one stat by 10 points. That is absurd.

Lastly, any post about combat that ArchMagi makes holds the same merit as a post about combat by Krisslanza.

I dont see any problem with RPs being dished out at the beginning of your subscription, much better than it is now, which encourages people to bot their RPs or not subscrine because they dont have the time to get any of the alleged benefits that subscribing nets them. Also much better than an RP/$ system.
                            one problem with your post, you made it a personal attack, thus all points are invalidated.

Comment

You're so clever. I wish I was more like you so I could post my viewpoint of something I have no experience with. Give me lessons on how to talk about stuff I have no idea about please... sort of how I get lessons on metals from a tailor.

I'm not sure how the current system could be ideal unless you aren't interested in RPs or you're online 24/7 botting RPs.

Comment

Originally posted by urek23 View Post
                                I'm not sure how the current system could be ideal unless you aren't interested in RPs or you're online 24/7 botting RPs.
                                Exactly. Only people really getting premium would be like my mate, who had a nice office job where he left it in the background and typed find twig every 10 or so minutes.

So really, your missing out on lot's of people that would pay for premium to get a massive chunk of rolepoints straight away. I'd pay premium if i got 2-3K rolepoints straight up. Doesn't mean i'd play more. But i'd sub to premium alot more.

I said it in my other post, i have the money to spend on games, and i choose to spend them on other games even though TEC is my most played game atm. That itself say's something is wrong.
                                Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Working...
                                X