Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New subscription benefit idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
    I do not feel the desire to share my characters, but rest assured I do not have demi-god stats, just what you can get off the chargen. I like the reward of effort played.

    What I would not mind seeing is freebies getting say... 0.25-1 rp per hour, so at least they still get something, even if they have to pay once in awhile to spend them. But the current rates are alright, you can increase your rate with bonus points, up to I believe 8 rp/hr for premium, which cuts the time to get a stat in half. Stats should not be that easy to get, or else everyone's on all inhumans, and there is no variety, and this becomes a mush, not a mud. Stats help people be different. I would find it boring if everyone was all even in every way, and the only way you could be better, is if you were more familiar with mechanics. I enjoy the differences, and give kudos to those who have lived as long as they have, to get to the point that they are considered top tier, as long as they didn't cheat in any way to get there. But anyone can be killed, and once they are, the next generation can become the best.
    Ok, a stat increase does aprox 5 points, think on the stat scale its 0-135 from average to inhuman?

    So if someone was average even after 5 months of increases they would only be slightly more than halfway to inhuman.

    I don't think that is game changing.

    Comment


    • #62
      Im a big fan of freebie account gaining -SOME- RPs because without RPs, freebie accounts leave little to work with. You're basically stuck with whatever the chargen has given you. We should strive for anything we could do for a more diversity with our characters.
      Now you know how NPCs feel at least. They wake up one day, ready to live their lives - and then someone stabs them in the face.
      - krisslanza

      Noone cares. At all. Stop whining about it.
      - a whiner

      Comment


      • #63
        Thats not a problem with free mode, thats an issue with the character grnerator and the importance of stats, although some think that they arent important. (Oddly the same people that have chars with 30k RPs invested in stats or those that reroll 30k times to get good ones)

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
          I Stats help people be different. I would find it boring if everyone was all even in every way, and the only way you could be better, is if you were more familiar with mechanics. I enjoy the differences, and give kudos to those who have lived as long as they have, to get to the point that they are considered top tier, as long as they didn't cheat in any way to get there. But anyone can be killed, and once they are, the next generation can become the best.
          Yea, because god forbid if the best advantage you could have in this game was actual skill and knowledge. I think you HIGHLY overestimate how easy it is to get bps if you are not a GM lapdog. Like OldVeteran said I have had ONE character for over a decade now, who has been involved in more storylines and background aspects of the game than most characters I know.

          Due to the fact that I simply do not have time to play the game 10 hrs a day, and am on a lot of gms bad lists from when they were players. Why should my character be limited in growth? I am by no means a genius at the combat system, and my character is dangerous enough when I am not using him as just an entertaining fighter I will never be able to reach the very top tier, simply because of real life obligations.

          Comment


          • #65
            People are worried it will become pay to win (which it already is)

            Are the same people who say stats don't matter that much anyway
            Argued with GM Tale on forums.
            Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
            Skotos didn't care.

            Originally posted by Elowynn
            It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
            Originally posted by Tale
            My apologies to Glenh.

            Comment


            • #66
              I didn't read through all the posts but instead of actual stat increases they should be potential stat increases. They should also be completely random among all the stats.

              Of course, this idea will never come to light anyway, so whatevs

              Comment


              • #67
                I think there is room for expanding the amount of subscriptions.

                Free
                Basic
                Intermediate (Im sure there's a better synonym)
                Premium

                Lets recap the possible perks:
                *RPs/hour
                *story points
                *stat increases
                *item alteration
                *custom item
                *markable destinations
                *citizenship
                *housing credit (though that's not likely to change)
                *character slots
                * possibility of using VC generation on higher subscriptions
                *makeover
                *scars
                *NPC characters
                * increased holdings (talents/month)
                * GSP allotment
                *character undelete
                *recover discard item

                Am i forgetting anything? What else would people want?
                <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

                Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

                Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

                A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                  I think there is room for expanding the amount of subscriptions.

                  Free
                  Basic
                  Intermediate (Im sure there's a better synonym)
                  Premium

                  Lets recap the possible perks:
                  *RPs/hour
                  *story points
                  *stat increases
                  *item alteration
                  *custom item
                  *markable destinations
                  *citizenship
                  *housing credit (though that's not likely to change)
                  *character slots
                  * possibility of using VC generation on higher subscriptions
                  *makeover
                  *scars
                  *NPC characters
                  * increased holdings (talents/month)
                  * GSP allotment
                  *character undelete
                  *recover discard item

                  Am i forgetting anything? What else would people want?
                  Only thing I can think of beyond that is GM support for an event. I really don't see why housing credit wouldn't change. It's something that everyone wants waiting on a system that will never be developed. Lets skip the system, and allow citizens to buy housing.
                  Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                  I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

                  You mean it's true?
                  Originally posted by Phwoar
                  Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                  Originally posted by Elowynn
                  Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Rupert View Post
                    Only thing I can think of beyond that is GM support for an event. I really don't see why housing credit wouldn't change. It's something that everyone wants waiting on a system that will never be developed. Lets skip the system, and allow citizens to buy housing.
                    Why should you have to pay for GM support of an event. Isn't that they're jobs.
                    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                    Skotos didn't care.

                    Originally posted by Elowynn
                    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                    Originally posted by Tale
                    My apologies to Glenh.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by glenh View Post
                      Why should you have to pay for GM support of an event. Isn't that their jobs?
                      If an event focuses more on you than the gameworld, it should be purchased with RP's.
                      Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                      I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

                      You mean it's true?
                      Originally posted by Phwoar
                      Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                      Originally posted by Elowynn
                      Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Rupert View Post
                        If an event focuses more on you than the gameworld, it should be purchased with RP's.
                        Why? It would get more people interacting wouldn't it?

                        Seems funny your have to PAY and then also PLAY extreme amounts just to get a simple event idea to happen.
                        Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                        Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                        Skotos didn't care.

                        Originally posted by Elowynn
                        It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                        Originally posted by Tale
                        My apologies to Glenh.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I guess I also forgot luck points.

                          Given this large list (that does not include custom moves), does anyone have thoughts on a model that moves to making some RP purchases cheaper?

                          How about thoughts on a monthly allotment of GSP that is more than 3 a month?

                          I'm trying to determine if people would be interested a model something like:

                          Basic:

                          A basic account receives a monthly allotment of 100 RPs, and an accumulation rate of 2.5Rps/hour. 20 GSPs per character/month. Access to two character slots. Characters receive a free item alteration every 3 months, and 1 random NPC generation at the red button. One character will receive 1 random stat increase potential each month.


                          In terms of item alteration, it'd be great if it was possible, like with the scars option. Being able to turn a iron mace into a slightly blackened iron mace. Or a faintly red colored hair whip. You pick the adjective and the color.
                          <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

                          Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

                          Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                          Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

                          A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Why change things like that, keep it easy. Up rp for basic and premium, give standard amounts each month. Solved.
                            Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                            Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                            Skotos didn't care.

                            Originally posted by Elowynn
                            It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                            Originally posted by Tale
                            My apologies to Glenh.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              There have been some really good ideas suggested in this thread. Is there any way to bring it to the attention of the GMs and/or SKOTOS? Otherwise, we're just pipe-dreaming.
                              "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

                              Grateful Dead

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by glenh View Post
                                Why change things like that, keep it easy. Up rp for basic and premium, give standard amounts each month. Solved.
                                Actually agree with this. I would also say if you're giving a flat bonus, it should be 500/1000 minimum. I like the idea more though of increasing the RP accumulation rates by a lot, and encourage people to start spending them on a bunch of other stuff besides stat increases.

                                I know that before stats were so hard to roll, I personally spent far more RP's on item alterations than anything else, and sprung the extra money for the premium discount. I liked getting ordinary items modified and selling them for profit. RP's are too slowly accumulated, and that makes you feel like you should only make necessary purchases with them. When you look at the list of what's actually offered, there's a reason stat increases are so popular.
                                Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                                I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

                                You mean it's true?
                                Originally posted by Phwoar
                                Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                                Originally posted by Elowynn
                                Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X