New subscription benefit idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
    Actually agree with this. I would also say if you're giving a flat bonus, it should be 500/1000 minimum. I like the idea more though of increasing the RP accumulation rates by a lot, and encourage people to start spending them on a bunch of other stuff besides stat increases.

I know that before stats were so hard to roll, I personally spent far more RP's on item alterations than anything else, and sprung the extra money for the premium discount. I liked getting ordinary items modified and selling them for profit. RP's are too slowly accumulated, and that makes you feel like you should only make necessary purchases with them. When you look at the list of what's actually offered, there's a reason stat increases are so popular.
    Exactly. People act like its a bad thing if everyone gets inhuman stats. We're already at exceptional all stats anyway. And why is it bad when you have only a handful at the moment that rule the game because of stats?

Also yeah, is love stat increases but I'd like to spend some on custom items and descriptions etc etc.
    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
    Originally posted by Tale
    My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadheadZ66 View Post
      There have been some really good ideas suggested in this thread. Is there any way to bring it to the attention of the GMs and/or SKOTOS? Otherwise, we're just pipe-dreaming.
      That's all this is. A pipe dream. If you thought otherwise at any point, sorry.
      Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I think Skotos are open to ideas. I emailed them about it and they said they are open to ideas other than just cutting the prices of the accounts.

So I say we continue the conversation and see what folks are interested in, and then present it to them.

I think it starts with this: should there be more than a free, basic, premium levels? Would you be interested in something between basic and premium?
        <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
        Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

Originally posted by Kjel View Post
          I think Skotos are open to ideas. I emailed them about it and they said they are open to ideas other than just cutting the prices of the accounts.

So I say we continue the conversation and see what folks are interested in, and then present it to them.

I think it starts with this: should there be more than a free, basic, premium levels? Would you be interested in something between basic and premium?
          No, I dont think Skotos would change their whole price scheme with anything we could say. Though, I am in strong agreement that the perks for a basic or premium subscription should be looked at. I liked the ideas of potential stat increases for premium accounts, and increased RP/hr for all accounts including freebies. Give basic accounts an extra character slot, ect.

Oh, and tokens for the NPC emulator! This was a great idea, and should be used more.
          Now you know how NPCs feel at least. They wake up one day, ready to live their lives - and then someone stabs them in the face.
          - krisslanza

Noone cares. At all. Stop whining about it.
          - a whiner

Comment

If they keep the same prices for basic and premium and add a middle option, why wouldn't they consider it?

I say lets be open minded. I've emailed with them and believe they are open to ideas. The less people that pay/play affects them, too.
            <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
              Actually agree with this. lso say if you're giving a flat bonus, it should be 500/1000 minimum. I like the idea more though of increasing the RP accumulation rates by a lot, and encourage people to start spending them on a bunch of other stuff besides stat increases.

I know that before stats were so hard to roll, I personally spent far more RP's on item alterations than anything else, and sprung the extra money for the premium discount. I liked getting ordinary items modified and selling them for profit. RP's are too slowly accumulated, and that makes you feel like you should only make necessary purchases with them. When you look at the list of what's actually offered, there's a reason stat increases are so popular.
              Same here, before stats became so hard to roll and so important I always spent my rap on items, and still do from time to time.

Comment

Hence why i've maintained prices stay the same. It comes down to a simple thing, we don't want to PAY and then have to PLAY to get a benefit. So easiest solution?

Give a flat number of RP or SP when you subscribe.
                Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
                  Hence why i've maintained prices stay the same. It comes down to a simple thing, we don't want to PAY and then have to PLAY to get a benefit. So easiest solution?

Give a flat number of RP or SP when you subscribe.
                  they do... 50 sp a month for premium. next?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                    they do... 50 sp a month for premium. next?
                    Do you actually read threads you participate in? We want a flat rp/sp for a subscription, not having to play 10 hours a day to make the most from premium.
                    Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I really wish the GM's and/or Slot is would listen to the vast majority of the players and implement one/some of these ideas. I don't see how it would do anything but benefit the game because I would guarantee it would increase the number of people going premium by at least 5 just from my brother, myself and a few friends I play with..I simply don't have the desire to play hundreds of hours a month when I can be doing much dinner things with my time. Like a few others said to this point I only played premium to help keep the game alive, I'm done doing that though.

Comment

The people posting in the forums are the vocal minority, not the vast majority. Bowing to the pressure of a few dissatisfied customers is not good business, when there are so many others who pay skotos, and don't even play the eternal city. Don't assume that just because you post in the forum, that you are the vast majority of people playing a skotos game, when facts show that forum use is really just the vocal minority.

Comment

That's why I'm trying to get more people involved in this conversation. I made the list of perks, now I'd just like to hear from people on what they'd like.

Glenh is saying flat RP/GSP amounts.

I was thinking of higher than what they are now, plus perks of a free custom item or alteration once every ______. Maybe access to the VC char generator. Maybe 3 random stat bumps a month. Etc

Comment

Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                            That's why I'm trying to get more people involved in this conversation. I made the list of perks, now I'd just like to hear from people on what they'd like.

Glenh is saying flat RP/GSP amounts.

I was thinking of higher than what they are now, plus perks of a free custom item or alteration once every ______. Maybe access to the VC char generator. Maybe 3 random stat bumps a month. Etc
                            You'll do one of two things this way.
                            A - get nothing changed
                            B - get something random noone wanted changed

Why not just stick to the easy solution. Flat rp for basic/premium. Then you spend it on what you want.
                            Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

There are others with different opinions, I'm trying to consider them, too.

Comment

I love the idea of a flat rp rate for paid subscriptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X