X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadheadZ66
    replied
    Originally posted by Kjel View Post
    I like the idea of both a higher GSP & RPs allotment a month. With a better way of eventually getting a higher RP/hr. Do you all like the idea of adding a 4th account option?

Free
    Basic
    Normal
    Premium
    I worry that the only thing that will do will be take away from the basic subscription. They probably wont ADD anything to premium, so the only way to squeeze one in the middle is to take the top off or basic and the bottom off or premium.

Oh, and glenh, sorry bud, it's just the way I am. I probably drink too much, jerk off too much, pick my nose too much, and a lot of other things, too. I doubt I'll be altering my behavior any time soon, I'm too old to change now.

Leave a comment:

• Kjel
    replied
    I like the idea of both a higher GSP & RPs allotment a month. With a better way of eventually getting a higher RP/hr. Do you all like the idea of adding a 4th account option?

Free
    Basic
    Normal
    Premium

Leave a comment:

• DeadheadZ66
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyril View Post
    Honestly that is another reason I would like to see one of these ideas, I have had several characters I trained for a year or so in private so I could role play them as someone who has just arrived in the city who was already a skilled warrior. It's always seemed ooc to me how almost no immigrants arriving in Iridine know how to fight.
    Yeah, I didn't mean no one should play a freshly arrived 'skilled warrior' sorry if I gave that impression.

I was referring to the occasional (at least now days it seems) scripter, or 'team-character' (where half a dozen folks get together and play the same character for 3 weeks straight) who suddenly pops up. Nobody's heard of him but oddly enough, he's already Grand Master in *whatever* and ACMs and has 4 'inhumans', We've all seen 'em, and I don't want to see it become a thing where all you have to do is pay every month and you're able to make one without having to actually play and build some kind of character.

Again, just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• glenh
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadheadZ66 View Post
    Sorry glenh, I did explain my opinion in the next paragraph. I am not saying your (or anyone else's) ideas are wrong or invalid. I was just stating my opinion. And again, sorry, but how you feel about it is not going to change it.

And I still think you are one of the funniest posters around
    You apologise too much

Leave a comment:

• Tyril
    replied
    Myself, I'd rather play a wus that had a decent story behind him than some uber-warrior nobody has ever heard of. But, that's just me.

I'm still enjoying this thread, still seeing good new ideas. Still hoping SKOTOS is listening.
    Honestly that is another reason I would like to see one of these ideas, I have had several characters I trained for a year or so in private so I could role play them as someone who has just arrived in the city who was already a skilled warrior. It's always seemed ooc to me how almost no immigrants arriving in Iridine know how to fight.

Leave a comment:

• DeadheadZ66
    replied
    Originally posted by glenh View Post
    How so? Because it will get people more stat increases? Because it will get more custom items? Because it will get more patricians? Because it will get more events? Because it will get more weddings? Because it will get more custom descriptions? Because it will get more speech patterns?

Or should people be forced to pay out the nose and play 10 hours a day for countless days for these things....
    Sorry glenh, I did explain my opinion in the next paragraph. I am not saying your (or anyone else's) ideas are wrong or invalid. I was just stating my opinion. And again, sorry, but how you feel about it is not going to change it.

And I still think you are one of the funniest posters around

Leave a comment:

• Kjel
    replied
    I personally think 1000 rp/month is a tad high, but maybe on the aforementioned increasing scale, it could be made attainable in a semi-reasonable amount of time.
    If we're discussing this option, i'd say Skotos should issue more "story points" on a sliding scale + a higher RP rate.

500 months for premium plus a bump from 4 to maybe 6 or 8RPs/hour.

Leave a comment:

• glenh
    replied

I personally think 1000 rp/month is a tad high,
    How so? Because it will get people more stat increases? Because it will get more custom items? Because it will get more patricians? Because it will get more events? Because it will get more weddings? Because it will get more custom descriptions? Because it will get more speech patterns?

Or should people be forced to pay out the nose and play 10 hours a day for countless days for these things....

Leave a comment:

• DeadheadZ66
    replied
    Originally posted by Ilaxandus View Post
    I'd just be happy if the premium subscription I'm paying for got me access to a game that didn't constantly lag and freeze. I have no idea how Skotos runs their operation, but the service has been piss poor lately. I had to reload the client six times this evening, and one of the times I waited it out my character went about fifty paces in one second. Is it really so hard to host a TEXT BASED game?
    I feel your pain Ilaxandus, I actually emailed them once asking why I had to reload 6 - 10 times just to get on sometimes (frequently then, and again now). They said the problem wasn't coming from their end. I'm not a programmer or tech-guy, so I have no idea if that's the case or not, but at least they did answer. *shrug*

Also, I really like the idea a few posts ago about an increasing reward for consecutive months subscription. I think that's something a 'sales-rep' type could get their teeth into. The longer you pay, the more you get; the more you get for paying, the less likely you are to stop paying and lose the reward (and have to start all over).

I personally think 1000 rp/month is a tad high, but maybe on the aforementioned increasing scale, it could be made attainable in a semi-reasonable amount of time.

I'd not like to see this become a thing where a person could log in once a month to spend rp and in a year have a bad-ass just for paying. I feel there has to be time spent ingame on character development. Myself, I'd rather play a wus that had a decent story behind him than some uber-warrior nobody has ever heard of. But, that's just me.

I'm still enjoying this thread, still seeing good new ideas. Still hoping SKOTOS is listening.

Leave a comment:

• Ilaxandus
    replied
    I'd just be happy if the premium subscription I'm paying for got me access to a game that didn't constantly lag and freeze. I have no idea how Skotos runs their operation, but the service has been piss poor lately. I had to reload the client six times this evening, and one of the times I waited it out my character went about fifty paces in one second. Is it really so hard to host a TEXT BASED game?

Leave a comment:

• glenh
    replied
    Getting it complicated again.

Forget other skotos games
    Forget pricing of subscriptions
    Forget perks

Give out a set amount of role points for which account you subscribe to.

After that do another discussion with what you want to see to spend rp on (alterations, events etc etc)

Leave a comment:

• Cagefighter
    replied
    Oh I'm a retard and was half paying attention when I posted that. Both really. I like the idea of having subscriptions get something like 500/1000 each month. I also think it's a good idea to reward people for consecutive months subscribed. Like the first month you get your base rate of rps/hr which you get now but maybe 6 months of consecutive subscription it doubles. Or have it go up by 1 rp/hr for each consecutive month with a cap of total rps/hr.

Leave a comment:

• Kjel
    replied
    Originally posted by Cagefighter View Post
    I love the idea of a flat rp rate for paid subscriptions.
    Flat rp rate or larger pot of RPs each month?

Leave a comment:

• OldVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
    The people posting in the forums are the vocal minority, not the vast majority. Bowing to the pressure of a few dissatisfied customers is not good business, when there are so many others who pay skotos, and don't even play the eternal city. Don't assume that just because you post in the forum, that you are the vast majority of people playing a skotos game, when facts show that forum use is really just the vocal minority.
    If they don't even play TEC why do they matter in this discussion?

So you speak for the vast majority, and know what they want? You're saying no don't do anything, isn't any different then the ideals suggested here. As you are a vocal minority youself... I see alot more asking for change and I see you and one other as the only opposition. I see 15 people in this forums asking for/wanting something similar to the changes I suggested and 1 person calling them a minority. A lot don't even comment on the forums or view them so there answer goes unheard wish there was away to get them involved in this conversation.

Also before you said you're character is basically nothing more then chargen made and hardly improved, I know who you're main is.

I know how you feel tho, I had a huge advantage over everyone in the game, I didn't have max strength, But I had max inhuman speed that I trained with dexterity, anyone that was inhumanly strong was actually a equal fight, then they nerfed speed, and then nerfed it again, now I dropped from a top tier fighter due to the fact of nerfs, anyways point is I accepted the change and see it was for the better of the game. No one wants a 6 second RT in a game, no one wants to play 4 years to get where they want so they feel comfortable to RP their story, bandits don't want to spend 4 years building a bandit to be effective, just to die to a justice pk and get no reimbursement package, people don't play this game and say hey when I get to the very end I'll be bored and leave, no because why? That's when the fun starts.

Leave a comment:

• Cagefighter
    replied
    I love the idea of a flat rp rate for paid subscriptions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X