Basic bandaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic bandaging

Would bandaging as common knowledge be to much, like a 95 success to bandage.. Would save lifes and not be over the top!

Pretty sure that already exists.

And I also think it is bad for the game personally.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
    HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Armataan, I have to ask...what exactly do you LIKE? Just sayin'.
      "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

Healers actually mattering, and being encouraged by the game so that there's a sense of life and breath to the world, rather than continued encouragement of single-player tec by changing what is good about the game to be worse than it is, constantly.

Change by reduction is seldom an improvement. It can be, it just rarely is.

Change by addition is good.

Removing the desirability of healers, and all danger from hunting grounds, does more to shrink the game than to grow it.

It's cute that you think me negative for wanting to encourage multi-player behavior in a multi-player game though?

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
          Would bandaging as common knowledge be to much, like a 95 success to bandage.. Would save lifes and not be over the top!
          I agree with you on the idea of saving lives. I encourage everyone to pick up the Pressure Wound Technique lore. The mechanics for it are a little difficult to do if you haven't tried it before. Cheers!
          No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

Originally posted by Iosaerius View Post
            I agree with you on the idea of saving lives. I encourage everyone to pick up the Pressure Wound Technique lore. The mechanics for it are a little difficult to do if you haven't tried it before. Cheers!
            Little buggy too. Really hope they smoothe those out and fix them eventually.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
              Healers actually mattering, and being encouraged by the game so that there's a sense of life and breath to the world, rather than continued encouragement of single-player tec by changing what is good about the game to be worse than it is, constantly.

Change by reduction is seldom an improvement. It can be, it just rarely is.

Change by addition is good.

Removing the desirability of healers, and all danger from hunting grounds, does more to shrink the game than to grow it.

It's cute that you think me negative for wanting to encourage multi-player behavior in a multi-player game though?
              *I just typed a nice response to this and the system took a crap on me, lets see if I can get this one in.*

Actually, I agree with your whole post (except for the little snarky part at the end there).

I like healers. None of my characters have ever learned any healing skills, even when it would have been in line with their personality to do so, because I didn't want to take away from the need for healers in the gameworld. Same thing goes for locksmiths. Now that brokering is a career, I've been dealing through one of them, whenever possible. Hell, I even bought all my drinks from Sicily(sp) about a million years ago when she was playing a bar-maid at the Toga.

I've seen the 'do it all' characters; fight like a banshee, tend their own wounds, open the chests they find, and then get top prices for the loot in town. Some of those characters are played very well, but I personally, would never play one.

As to the topic of this thread, I think it would be alright if virtually anyone could 'apply pressure' or maybe even a tourniquet as strictly a stopgap measure to keep someone alive until a real healer could arrive. Or do we already have that?
              "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

anybody can apply bandages at a lower success than 95 (I THINK)

Anybody can spend GSP to buy "Pressure Wound Technique" from Iskara.

Originally posted by PRessure Wound Technique

To attempt to stem the flow of blood from a wound you must ensure your patient
                is laying still in a position which gives you easy access to the wounded area.
                Kneel down and apply direct pressure to the wound, ensuring it is pressed closed

Applying pressure to a wound on your own body is more difficult. Lay down and
                do your best to pressure the wound with both hands where possible.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                  Pretty sure that already exists.

And I also think it is bad for the game personally.
                  Bandages are finicky as hell by design. Even knowing them, poorly: Blood still comes through (even for oozes), they get knocked off during fights and I am pretty sure they just fall off at times. Giving people the ability to wrap a shoddy bandage on a wound to minorly slow a bleed doesn't seem all that bad.
                  Flamboyant

Comment

And it currently exists.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

I'm just saying that I don't think that being able to do it is really all that harmful to the game/healers considering how they work.
                      Flamboyant

Comment

Working...
                      X