StoryPoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StoryPoints

Maybe 1-3 for me. I can be impulsive and I -might- buy 1 package to help bring me to 1k rps faster. Otherwise, it's just too costly. I rather donate to a cancer research cure than spend $154.99 in a month on TEC. Especially when $154.99 barely garners any type of tangible improvement.
    None
    81.82%
    1-3
    7.27%
    4-10
    5.45%
    11+
    5.45%

The poll is expired.

I can agree with the impulsive thing with me as well.

Will i spend money to get to 1000 RP that little bit faster? Nope. Why? Because it will cost me premium (too expensive as it is), and then another $100-$150 to just get closer to 1000 RP? No thankyou. As said before many a time, spend my money on other free to play games because they actually offer some value for money.
    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
    Originally posted by Tale
    My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I'm stupidly impulsive about games, but I'm not dumb enough to spend money on those conversion rates. I'll just keep increasing the amount of unplayed games in my Steam library..

Comment

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
        I'm stupidly impulsive about games, but I'm not dumb enough to spend money on those conversion rates. I'll just keep increasing the amount of unplayed games in my Steam library..
        Vastly overpriced storypoints...

New games on Steam...

Yeah, I think you've got the right idea here.
        "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

So far this poll indicates that this implementation won't be very successful on the TEC side. There is one outlier/troll selecting 11+...or maybe someone that just really wants to pay for Skotos' employee health insurance!

Comment

This addition was not done with TEC in mind. It really isn't going to change anything. I do not know what the big fuss is about. TEC never has and never will completely fit in with the Skotos community because it was originally not a Skotos game. Sure, there may be someone who plays TEC who is wealthy enough to spend ridiculous amounts of money to get a slight edge but overall I think people are upset over nothing.

Now with a big overhaul of the RP system I think good things could come from a system like this but that is probably not going to happen like it should or could.

Then again I know nothing.

Comment

Don't think anyone is upset. Just need a better rps:stp conversion rate so TEC players can use the new system.

Comment

I skimmed through the other thread on this topic and it seemed like there was a lot of negativity, maybe it was just my imagination. I also agree that it kinda sucks we won't be able to really take advantage of buying storypoints. I know there are some good solutions but getting everything fairly balanced while keeping everyone happy seems like a pretty big job . No matter how you look at it, though, there needs to be a major RP overhaul. The cost/time versus value scale is so absurd right now.. and has been for some time. A better conversion rate might be a good temporary fix but it also might give premmie users an unfair advantage since they get a large chunk of SPs every month. Nothing really to do but see what they come up with, might end up working out OK.

Comment

With the player's we have at the moment, i think people are getting too caught up in the old style. Why, just why, should it take hundreds of dollars and countless hours spent logged to get a new skill slot? To get one stat increase? To get a custom description? To rename a dog?

We live in a 'now' world. I wanted a new guy in LoL, so i put money down and got it now. Was it worth it? Sure, was $10. Will it break the game? Nope. I don't see how letting people buy what they want is going to break the game. Oh no, everyone will have inhuman stats? Sorry to the 5 people that have them atm i guess?
                  Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                  Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                  Skotos didn't care.

It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                  Originally posted by Tale
                  My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
                    With the player's we have at the moment, i think people are getting too caught up in the old style. Why, just why, should it take hundreds of dollars and countless hours spent logged to get a new skill slot? To get one stat increase? To get a custom description? To rename a dog?

We live in a 'now' world. I wanted a new guy in LoL, so i put money down and got it now. Was it worth it? Sure, was $10. Will it break the game? Nope. I don't see how letting people buy what they want is going to break the game. Oh no, everyone will have inhuman stats? Sorry to the 5 people that have them atm i guess?
                    I think that's what TEC, and Skotos by extension, is kind of struggling with.

There is a lot of 'old' players around, who are used to the way things were back then. But there's also more 'new' players coming in, who are used to games that are... dare I say, more 'casual'?

They offer less time-investments to get things done, and offer ways to just pay past some of those hurdles.

I just feel that is what is really hurting Skotos as a whole. They still try to treat their business like its back in 1999, when the pay to play model was the norm... they've just recently decided to adopt a sort of F2P system, but one that'd hardly win any favors from people.

Particularly when it costs over $50 to rename a dog. That someone could then just stab and kill. And then those $50 would be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                      I skimmed through the other thread on this topic and it seemed like there was a lot of negativity, maybe it was just my imagination. I also agree that it kinda sucks we won't be able to really take advantage of buying storypoints. I know there are some good solutions but getting everything fairly balanced while keeping everyone happy seems like a pretty big job . No matter how you look at it, though, there needs to be a major RP overhaul. The cost/time versus value scale is so absurd right now.. and has been for some time. A better conversion rate might be a good temporary fix but it also might give premmie users an unfair advantage since they get a large chunk of SPs every month. Nothing really to do but see what they come up with, might end up working out OK.
                      Just want to point out that if you're paying 30 dollars a month for additional perks over my 12 dollars, you SHOULD have an advantage at something. That's the whole purpose of offering a more expensive package in the first place.

I keep getting the impression reading these forums that people don't want TEC to be a pay to win game. When has this not been the case in the last 10 years? Since TEC has had subscription fees, they've had a pay to win system. This is nothing new.

On the topic at hand, I wouldn't buy any of the packages that are going to be offered to save my life. As has been mentioned, the RP cost of purchasable items needs to be drastically reworked before I ever consider something like that. A good first step to accomplishing that would be using some of the wonderful examples mentioned (52$ to change your dogs name), and changing the RP cost based off the ridiculousness of the real world price. How much should a stat increase REALLY cost? Probably about $20 dollars. How much should an item alteration cost? Using that scale, should cost 5-10 dollars. In other words, 1000 RP's should cost around 20 dollars, or a stat increase should cost 250 RP's.

I'm sure someone's going to say that's far too low of a price, but that person can go ahead and send me a receipt for all the 'fairly' priced purchases they've made using the system they recommend. My bet is on them not making any.
                      Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                      I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                      Originally posted by Phwoar
                      Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                      Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
                        Just want to point out that if you're paying 30 dollars a month for additional perks over my 12 dollars, you SHOULD have an advantage at something. That's the whole purpose of offering a more expensive package in the first place.

I keep getting the impression reading these forums that people don't want TEC to be a pay to win game. When has this not been the case in the last 10 years? Since TEC has had subscription fees, they've had a pay to win system. This is nothing new.

On the topic at hand, I wouldn't buy any of the packages that are going to be offered to save my life. As has been mentioned, the RP cost of purchasable items needs to be drastically reworked before I ever consider something like that. A good first step to accomplishing that would be using some of the wonderful examples mentioned (52$ to change your dogs name), and changing the RP cost based off the ridiculousness of the real world price. How much should a stat increase REALLY cost? Probably about $20 dollars. How much should an item alteration cost? Using that scale, should cost 5-10 dollars. In other words, 1000 RP's should cost around 20 dollars, or a stat increase should cost 250 RP's.

I'm sure someone's going to say that's far too low of a price, but that person can go ahead and send me a receipt for all the 'fairly' priced purchases they've made using the system they recommend. My bet is on them not making any.
                        This right here, with the right conversation ratio you would have people buying left and right, 20$ for a stat increase I would actually be tempted to spend that, anything over that good luck. You pricing range is way over common reasoning or sense for that matter, lower prices would generate way more income than 1-2 people paying that price, make it good enough you would have the whole mud paying for SP's.

Or raise RP accumulation in game and get no money, something needs to change.

I would not pay more than 20$ for anything less than 1000 rps, that still seems high, but fair.

Comment

$25.

Hmmm.

None, honestly. I've always liked the idea of pay-for-some-things on this game, but the cost is too prohibitive especially considering what other micropay games give you for the same price.

I could have a high tier premium tank and maybe a garage slot or two to go with it for that on my other online addiction. On iRacing I could have a whole new car to drive around a laser-scanned version of Bathurst.
                          Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                          Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                          Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                          Ravenlark pats you.
                          Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Originally posted by Vladmir View Post
                            $25.

Hmmm.

None, honestly. I've always liked the idea of pay-for-some-things on this game, but the cost is too prohibitive especially considering what other micropay games give you for the same price.

I could have a high tier premium tank and maybe a garage slot or two to go with it for that on my other online addiction. On iRacing I could have a whole new car to drive around a laser-scanned version of Bathurst.
                            I'll just subscribe premium, they raised base rp gain to 6, plus story points you can almost get 2500. Basic you can't make 700 rp's playing 12 hours per day, even if you purchase you're cap amount of story points you'll pull maybe 900-1000 rp's, there really isn't even balance in the subscriptions. basic subscription and purchasing story point's isn't even over just premiums benefits alone, and it will cost you more than just premium subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
                              I'll just subscribe premium, they raised base rp gain to 6, plus story points you can almost get 2500.
                              it's 4. if you have 6 its b/c you have 40+ bps.

Comment

Working...
                              X