StoryPoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
    it's 4. if you have 6 its b/c you have 40+ bps.
    do you have 40 BP's? I doubt anyone has that many, maybe 1 or 2 people. BP system needs to be nerfed and accounts need too get there regular rp gain.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
      do you have 40 BP's? I doubt anyone has that many, maybe 1 or 2 people. BP system needs to be nerfed and accounts need too get there regular rp gain.
      Not even close. No argument here.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
        If you attended events in the 1999-2001 time period (where if you went, period, you got a bp), odds are good you're well over 40.
        "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

All of these changes make me more apprehensive to renew my account as it is, much less purchase story points. If they were at a reasonable cost, I'd just grab 15k worth of RPs and finish my stats so I could log in and fight whenever someone actually holds some games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalonis View Post
            If you attended events in the 1999-2001 time period (where if you went, period, you got a bp), odds are good you're well over 40.
            I've gotten 5x more BP's in the last year, then I did in that period...so I don't know, there seems to be more opportunities in the last year-six months WITHOUT attending events.

Which, I think is wonderful. Getting BP's without going purposefully to a boring event to watch everyone power emote so they get their name on a list to get their treat like good boys and girls has keep me from PURPOSEFULLY attending an event since 2001.

I say purposefully, 'cause sometimes, it just seems to happen...but those are the good ones
            “Dreams don't come true. Dreams die. Dreams get compromised. Dreams end up dealing meth in a booth at the back of the Olive Garden. Dreams choke to death on bay leaves. Dreams get spleen cancer.”
            ― Douglas Coupland, The Gum Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Taci_Jinx View Post
              I've gotten 5x more BP's in the last year, then I did in that period...so I don't know, there seems to be more opportunities in the last year-six months WITHOUT attending events.

Which, I think is wonderful. Getting BP's without going purposefully to a boring event to watch everyone power emote so they get their name on a list to get their treat like good boys and girls has keep me from PURPOSEFULLY attending an event since 2001.

I say purposefully, 'cause sometimes, it just seems to happen...but those are the good ones
              I haven't gotten a BP, and I've played since 1999 and attended events from 1999-2001 and never got one for attending those. I choose to avoid events for that reason.

I also don't cyber either, that might be another reason my BPs lack.

But, when you play a bad person you aren't beneficial to the game. So you deserve jack in rewards. At least that's what I am led to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalonis View Post
                Yep. You tended to get one if you showed up and stayed for at least a good chunk of it, and another one if you, you know, participated and stuff.
                Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                Ravenlark pats you.
                Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

I voted none. They are quite expensive. I'd rather buy Titanfall next month for my xbox one.

Comment

Originally posted by Taci_Jinx View Post

I agree with this, honestly. I think the BP handouts in the last 9 months or so have been pretty decent. They could be better, but they're decent. The rp handouts are fantastic of late. Most consistent rewards for good RP I have seen since about 2008-2009. And since 2001ish before that.

I do think they need to be less stingy with BPs, but it is not like it has gotten worse.

I say around 3 for 2014. Assuming current pricing.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                    HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

My kids don't need college. 11+ for me! Worthy investment, I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                        I say around 3 for 2014. Assuming current pricing.
                        I feel like I might buy some if I wasn't paying for a subscription. I won't complain about the cost of said subscription, because I suppose continuing to pay it means I must not think it's that bad.

Armataan doesn't mention if this is on top of a subscription, or what type of subscription, and neither does the poll. I would be more interested in how many people feel like this option will replace their subscription with as needed injections of SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenerai View Post
                          I voted none. They are quite expensive. I'd rather buy Titanfall next month for my xbox one.
                          I feel like having an Xbox One is like doing Crossfit: rule 1 means everyone has to know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
                            I feel like having an Xbox One is like doing Crossfit: rule 1 means everyone has to know about it.
                            Crossfit is garbage. P90X3 for the win.

I also have an Xbone. I love my lesser system that can only output two games in 1080p.

Titanfall sucks more than TEC, btw. It's like all the worst parts of COD, Halo, and Mechwarrior combined to make some strange inbred garbage game. But.. I'll probably buy it

Comment

If conversion rates were set appropriately, such that Rupert was suggesting, I'd probably end up getting wasted and wake up realizing I spent $100 on StoryPoints. I'm down for the change, but at the current conversion rate I would be extremely hesitant to buy any.

Fix the conversion rate so it's similar to popular F2P games around today and I'll be a happy customer. Repeatedly. Cause I like to drink.

Finally justification for me to spend rolepoints on alts.

Comment

Also, this could be done a few ways.

RP costs for various things could be reduced, along with RP gain reduced.

Or the conversion rate for StoryPoints to Rolepoints could just be increased, again. And the StoryPoint gain premium members get every month could be reduced.

Comment

Working...
                                X