Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
    Crossfit is garbage. P90X3 for the win.
    Two completely different work outs. To consider P90X the superior workout is to say your goals are fat loss and definition. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and most people will see awesome results if they stick to it. Cross Fit is heavy cardio and strength training with the intent to improve bodily function, both through natural movement and full-body weighted lifts.

Weight Watchers would be a closer comparison.
    Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
    I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
    Originally posted by Phwoar
    Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
    Originally posted by Elowynn
    Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
      Two completely different work outs. To consider P90X the superior workout is to say your goals are fat loss and definition. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and most people will see awesome results if they stick to it. Cross Fit is heavy cardio and strength training with the intent to improve bodily function, both through natural movement and full-body weighted lifts.

Weight Watchers would be a closer comparison.
      Most people who do P90X are already in shape, looking to get into better shape.

If you're fat, it's probably better to start with Power 90, and move into P90X.

I just prefer something I can do at home and get done in 30 minutes. I work a lot.

Comment

Most people who do P90X are already in shape, looking to get into better shape.

If you're fat, it's probably better to start with Power 90, and move into P90X.
        most people who STICK with P90X are already in shape. Someone who's out of shape is unlikely to stick with much of anything. And if your fat, it's probably best to start with walking.

It's apples and oranges though. People looking to get in shape for the first time should pursue a workout like P90X. Someone looking to further their athletic abilities should take a route similar to Cross fit. Both of them will provide at least some benefit in the other routes strong point, but the strengths are clear.

In other words, don't expect someone doing P90X to be able to do 20 pull ups, but he could probably run a few cross fit drills better than the regulars.
        Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
        I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
        Originally posted by Phwoar
        Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
        Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

most people who STICK with P90X are already in shape. Someone who's out of shape is unlikely to stick with much of anything. And if your fat, it's probably best to start with walking.

It's apples and oranges though. People looking to get in shape for the first time should pursue a workout like P90X. Someone looking to further their athletic abilities should take a route similar to Cross fit. Both of them will provide at least some benefit in the other routes strong point, but the strengths are clear.

In other words, don't expect someone doing P90X to be able to do 20 pull ups, but he could probably run a few cross fit drills better than the regulars.
          I always thought the program was too long, initially, but since the new 30 minute version came out, I said what the hell. I'm 4 weeks in now and I'm already feeling good about it. I'm more impressed with the way I've had a healthier outlook in foods and stuff and cutting out my stresses. The first week was difficult, but I started drinking a recovery drink and my muscles feel alright the next day. I'm mostly trying to tone up. I simply don't have the time for anything else. Needed something easy to do and easy to pirate

Comment

$10 a stat increase imo. $15 a custom item etc etc. I'd happily sub premium and drop 50 bucks every now an then on it then. Oh, but then i'd have all inhuman stats to hunt my NPCs with. And then everyone would have inhuman and it would be down to skill/numbers instead of stats? Damn....
            Argued with GM Tale on forums.
            Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
            Skotos didn't care.

It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
            Originally posted by Tale
            My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I think $10 per stat increase would be pretty good.

But, when you are a bad person you aren't beneficial to the game.
              FYP. And don't sweat it, some people just find it difficult to role-play characters that are different from their own personalities. :-)

Comment

I purchased a basic account today and got 15 storypoints. I converted them at a rate of 4:1. Has something been changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhungry View Post
                  I think $10 per stat increase would be pretty good.

FYP. And don't sweat it, some people just find it difficult to role-play characters that are different from their own personalities. :-)
                  I would pay for storypoints at a reasonable conversion rate.

Comment

Please do not feed the troll of negativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenerai View Post
                      Please do not feed the troll of negativity.
                      Num num num, lap it all up.
                      Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                      Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                      Skotos didn't care.

It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                      Originally posted by Tale
                      My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by Banjodan View Post
                        I purchased a basic account today and got 15 storypoints. I converted them at a rate of 4:1. Has something been changed?
                        As posted in the General Announcements thread:
                        In conjunction with the option to purchase StoryPoints through Skotos, the conversion rate of Role Points to StoryPoints has been increased to 4 to 1 from the previous 2.5 to 1.
                        Game Master Sceadu

Comment

I wasn't aware basic accounts got stp? Nice that they do.

Comment

I agree (again) with Old Veteran. I might pay 20 bucks for 1k rps. Maybe. Once in a great while. I will never in life pay $25 for 50 story points, unless they start sending call-girls around with the purchase.
                            "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

if it was 1000 rps for $20,

I would spend about $200 a year on 10,000 rp packages. Minimum. Pretty much every year until I got bored.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                              HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Yea if it was $20-25 for 50 stp that converted into 1k rps I would participate. This is ridiculous at it's current price.

But maybe Skotos will get what they need. Maybe the 5% of the playerbase that purchases Stp at this rate is exactly what Skotos needed to get back in the black.

Comment

Working...
                                X