No announcement yet.

Story points - how much have you sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story points - how much have you sold?

Well Skotos, how many story points have you actually sold so far?
    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
    Originally posted by Tale
    My apologies to Glenh.

Did you really make a new thread to troll Skotos?
    Now you know how NPCs feel at least. They wake up one day, ready to live their lives - and then someone stabs them in the face.
    - krisslanza

Noone cares. At all. Stop whining about it.
    - a whiner

Comment

Originally posted by killboy25 View Post
      Did you really make a new thread to troll Skotos?
      I can be more than a troll.

I am really interested in how much has been sold. Would be a good indication towards if we will get a price drop or RP change too.
      Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
        I can be more than a troll.

I am really interested in how much has been sold. Would be a good indication towards if we will get a price drop or RP change too.
        Which they won't give because then any potential buyers would just wait for the price drop or stp:rp conversion increase.

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
          Which they won't give because then any potential buyers would just wait for the price drop or stp:rp conversion increase.
          I am waiting for this.

Supply and demand. Shouldn't be too long now.

Comment

We don't really give out specifics on this sort of thing, but I'm happy to talk about the generalities, as it goes toward the health of Skotos and the health of the program.

We've been very happy with the additional support & interest from players to date. In the first three days of the program (e.g., since Tuesday afternoon) we've already hit double what I have laid out as a monthly target for returning Skotos to break-even*.

Mind you, this is very early days. My guess is that the first month will do better than any additional month by some multiplier. It's really going to be in the day-to-day flow of things that we determine if this program is worthwhile or something we should adjust or retire. So, we need to see how the other 27 days of this month do, then we need to see how a non-launch month does. Maybe by the end of April or so we'll be able to say what we think of the program long-term.

For the moment, I'm encouraged & appreciative of the support.

--
            * Note that this is just one of five adjustments we're making, with the others being a new ad unit at RPGnet, new memberships at RPGnet, decreases in cost for health insurance, and (in the future) decreases in costs for machine colocation. So, when I say the program is hitting its target, I mean that it's doing its share.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
              We don't really give out specifics on this sort of thing, but I'm happy to talk about the generalities, as it goes toward the health of Skotos and the health of the program.
              What percentage of those purchases have been used in TEC specifically?

The problem that most players have is not the program itself, but the actual rewards it provides for this game. The ratio - many feel - for SPs to RPs is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhungry View Post
                What percentage of those purchases have been used in TEC specifically?
                It's our most popular game.

Comment

Thanks for responding Shannon.

I'm not too surprised. If a couple people want to max out and buy the maximum story points for the month more power to them. For me personally, I can't justify it at the current conversion rate.

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
                    Thanks for responding Shannon.

I'm not too surprised. If a couple people want to max out and buy the maximum story points for the month more power to them. For me personally, I can't justify it at the current conversion rate.
                    I agree with that. Also I've played alot of MMO since high school. This being the first one back then. When this game started charging. I quit the game and went to EQ, from there I've playd a ton of other games with subscription, those without and those free games with optional payment for extra perks. That being said, this is the most expensive when it comes to both subscription and that extra perks to buy story points at that conversion. There's just no way I can see it being worth it at that 4:1 ratio.

Comment

One way to look at it is that for around 25 dollars you can buy what would have taken around 100 hours to get on a basic account. Add perks like premium accounts and higher RP rates and the value goes down but overall it's not a terrible deal. It is expensive but not a terrible deal.

Comment

Thankyou Shannon, it is nice to know what is going on some times. While i find it annoying some people are willing to pay these gouge prices, it will happen. Guess the majority of us will have to wait another month or two until adjustments are made.

Good to hear TEC is the most popular game, how about catering to it and lowering some RP costs so other people might want to purchase SP.
                        Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I agree. Thank you for taking the time to give us a bit of input, but from our side of things the cost is still way too high for the reward. This could easily be adjusted on the TEC side of things with no adjustment to the costs of storypoints by adjusting our conversion ratio. But for now it's not worth it to me, and many other players.
                          "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

Conversion rate is too high.

I'll pay $1000 for 10,000 RPs, but that's probably the max I'd pay. It's like $175 for 1,000 RPs worth of story points right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
                              Conversion rate is too high.

I'll pay $1000 for 10,000 RPs, but that's probably the max I'd pay. It's like $175 for 1,000 RPs worth of story points right now.
                              If by $175 you mean $124.75 then you are right.

Comment

Working...
                              X