No announcement yet.

Story points - how much have you sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well. Assume you have a minute tracker through skotos.

You purchase at a rate of 300 minutes for $5

This makes the game cheaper for you, GlenH.

It makes the game the same price, roughly, for most really active players.

It makes those who afk-script 16 hours a week pay a lot more for it than they do now.

It makes those who actually PLAY that often (I bounce between playing liek you play, or playing 12+ hours a day, 5 days a week. Right now I am playing at the 12+ side) pay a bit more. And if it takes you 1 day, or 100 days to burn through 10 hours, it does not matter.

Your end result for such a dispersal is that in general, most tec players will play less (which opens up their pockets to buy more story points.) but Skotos is still making about the same amount of money because of those of us who play A LOT more.

Really, the only downside for them, for such a change, would most likely be the 'upset' factor. Those who quit, or play less, out of annoyance at the new system. That tends to be pretty high with TEC players.

-----

As a spin on it, maybe the difference between premie and basic disappears, and instead you pay 0.25$ per RP per hour/hour purchase. so 10 hours 1 rp an hour, is $2.50, while 40 hours with 4 rps an hour is $40. We all get 6 slots + any more slots we want to purchase.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
    HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
      Really, the only downside for them, for such a change, would most likely be the 'upset' factor. Those who quit, or play less, out of annoyance at the new system. That tends to be pretty high with TEC players.
      The other potential downside is, if people are paying for time, they'll likely idle less. That might cut into the RP side of the game, with players logging in to get their max SP, then logging out to avoid wasting money.

Which might lead to less RP and interaction.

So Skotos might be motivated to encourage players to log in, even if they are only semi-present, and let them hang out in the baths or whatever, where incidental RP might happen.

YMMV, it really depends on what each individual sees the "purpose" of the game to be.
      Mea squints at you, "For a magical nudist he sure is carrying lots of pie."

Comment

Originally posted by SHAzrael View Post
        The other potential downside is, if people are paying for time, they'll likely idle less. That might cut into the RP side of the game, with players logging in to get their max SP, then logging out to avoid wasting money.

Which might lead to less RP and interaction.

So Skotos might be motivated to encourage players to log in, even if they are only semi-present, and let them hang out in the baths or whatever, where incidental RP might happen.

YMMV, it really depends on what each individual sees the "purpose" of the game to be.
        That was my opinion and lol at it. We wouldn't have anyone idling at the Toga - to roleplay or help newbies? Because every minute was costing them.
        Argued with GM Tale on forums.
        Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
        Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
        It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
        Originally posted by Tale
        My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
          That was my opinion and lol at it. We wouldn't have anyone idling at the Toga - to roleplay or help newbies? Because every minute was costing them.
          Yeah, whether that's a problem or advantage really depends on how you see the game, and the sort of players you interact with. And the time of day you log on. And whether you seek out friends via the who list. And... and...

Mea squints at you, "For a magical nudist he sure is carrying lots of pie."

Comment

Idling would just eat into paid time. freebie accounts would still exist. And slot access would be the same on 6rps an hour, or 0 rps an hour.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

The whole system has made it so I don't want to pay a cent at all. Even for a subscription. I suppose when story points drop in price, or go on sale or something, I'll just finish up the few stats I have left.

I don't expect it to change any time soon, with plenty of people paying the current price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucaria View Post
                I don't expect it to change any time soon, with plenty of people paying the current price.
                Funnily enough there the one's with multiple inhuman's and the one's constantly saying don't make stats cheaper, don't make rolepoints cheaper, etc etc

You can't ruin they're game to help the rest of the people out.
                Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Funnily enough there the one's with multiple inhuman's and the one's constantly saying don't make stats cheaper, don't make rolepoints cheaper, etc etc

You can't ruin they're game to help the rest of the people out.
                  Who is a multiple inhuman person saying don't make it cheaper? You're building up a straw man...

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
                    Who is a multiple inhuman person saying don't make it cheaper? You're building up a straw man...
                    I suppose your right. Every person in the whole game is saying make it cheaper, noone is disagreeing with anything but Skotos just won't listen to every player.
                    Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

People are buying at the current rate. In greater volume than initially expected.

People -always- say "make it cheaper" (the iphone is too expensive. Make it cheaper. The xbox one is too expensive, make it cheaper), yet people are stil buying both at previously unprecedented volumes.

If people scream "make it cheaper" and are spending more money than you expected them to spend, pricing is probably about spot on.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Who's bought Storypoints? And how much?
                        Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Who's bought Storypoints? And how much?
                          i can only imagine most of the sales have been in other skotos games, as the value isn't there in TEC yet. TEC could get away with selling A LOT more of them at that rate if the conversion rate was much higher, or RP prices were much lower.
                          Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                          I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                          Originally posted by Phwoar
                          Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                          Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Well besides the overpriced story points and inflated RP store, what about updates on the game, anything in the works? Stepping attacks for all weapons?
                            Anatomy lore? The dang story line so we can move on to another?

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
                              The dang story line so we can move on to another?
                              Check the event listings.
                              Flamboyant

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
                                Well besides the overpriced story points and inflated RP store, what about updates on the game, anything in the works? Stepping attacks for all weapons?
                                Anatomy lore? The dang story line so we can move on to another?
                                Easier to keep people happy with giving them cheaper RP spendatures. But yeah.
                                Skotos didn't care.

My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Working...
                                X