When: 2:38 pm, Saturday, February 22, 2014
    Subject: Organizational Changes
    ---
    In an attempt to help streamline Organizations we have made a few changes:

The ability to add and remove leaders has been enabled for some orgs. These
    will include any org that isn't a government run or answerable to "higher
    powers".

Militia orgs (any org formed to help in the defense of any or the entire
    republic) will now fall under the umbrella of the Legion. What this means is
    that the Centurion of Legio 1 will have the power to add and remove leaders to
    any such org. Currently these orgs consist of the MVG, the TM, and the BVM.
    The Centurion is not to "micro-manage" these orgs, but there to assist in
    leadership issues and to offer advice in the way they are run. This
    translates into an In Game Senate decree and should be taken as such. Any of
    these orgs that are currently having leadership issues should approach the
    Centurion and discuss these issues with him.

This should assist in the transitions of leadership in many orgs and allow
    those that wish it to have multiple leaders (access to the @org menu) if they
    wish.

Note: A character cannot remove THEMSELF as leader of an org. If they wish
    to pass on leadership, they will need to add the new leader and then let the
    new leader remove them as a leader.
    This thread is to discuss the recent change made regarding leadership of orgs.
    No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Originally posted by Iosaerius View Post
    This thread is to discuss the recent change made regarding leadership of orgs.
    If you didn't have anything to say about it yourself, why create a thread for it?
    <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

Originally posted by Lucentius View Post
      If you didn't have anything to say about it yourself, why create a thread for it?
      I do. Also this was to pre-empt the fight in another thread. I don't understand from an IC point why the Centurion of a single Century, albeit the elite Century of one legion, would have this power. If anything, this power should be given to a patrician.
      No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

As I see it. It is only a tool to help orgs that have their leaders gone MIA to get started again without GM help. So far MVG and BVM been fixed and most likey TM on the go now.

Stop reading to much into this. And really, who honestly thinks a Militia in times of war would not fall under the Legio in some way? No it isn't war per say in Iridine but use some common sense.
        Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
        abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.

Comment

Mostly, I'm just curious about how the lead of the Legio will be chosen now. The position has gained a great deal of power with this change. And that the leader can also remove anyone who they do not see fit to be a lead. I sense more politics in the future.
          Flamboyant

Comment

It's just a push to put inept people in charge of all orgs. It's pretty close now.

Comment

Originally posted by Telvanni Guard View Post
              Mostly, I'm just curious about how the lead of the Legio will be chosen now. The position has gained a great deal of power with this change. And that the leader can also remove anyone who they do not see fit to be a lead. I sense more politics in the future.
              the legion is run by gms, not players, if anyone over wallace's rank decides he's not fit to be centurion anymore, they can replace him. they're all answerable to the consul, and the senate. This only makes it so those with the purpose of defending the republic, in certain locations, can continue to function with their leaders missing, or dead, or completely corrupt. It says in the text itself, the centurion is not supposed to micromanage, so the internal affairs are still going to be kept internal. Or in other words, if for example, the MVG, had a vote to replace an inactive leader, wallace could then replace the leader with the chosen delegate, without needing a gm to get involved.

Comment

Dictator

I hope he makes a his character decide some Dictatorial decisions so that we can form a rebellion and stab him down like Julius.

Oh, and the Militia's that were formed using their playerbase member's RP's? My condolences to you. This really is a stupid move any way you look at it.
                "...only you can prevent forest fires" The Legendary Smokey the Bear

Comment

-ICLY- I think that it should be clarified that the militias fall under the command of the two consuls, they hand it to their legates, their legates hand it to a tribune that is local, and the tribune either handles them directly oroccasionally hands it to one of thelocal centurions to deal with.

In that regard, Wallace would be in management because the tribune isn't active/replaced, and the legate can't be ****ed because he's too busy.

As far as the ooc mechanic of it, it doesn't bother me at all and I am happy that after more than a year of trying we finally got some movement on my particular militia.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                  HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Working...
                  X