Broken links

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J17 View Post
    Yeah, nope. It's a Yahoo account. Sorry it wasn't that easy to fix.
    No worries; it's generally one of the last things that needs to be polished for the new machines. Can you get me the three data bits from my post above? Thanks! Email them to me at shannona@skotos.net if you prefer not to post them here.

Comment

So I've successfully requested email verifications sent to both a google.com and a yahoo.com account. They arrived with no problem and a check of the headers shows that the security (SPF) verification is all working correctly.

So, if you're still having problems, I'd suggest:

1.) Request a new ping
      2.) Double-check your spam folder
      3.) If it's not anywhere on your account within a couple of minutes, mail me at shannona@skotos.net and let me know exactly what email was sent to, at what approximate time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
        So I've successfully requested email verifications sent to both a google.com and a yahoo.com account. They arrived with no problem and a check of the headers shows that the security (SPF) verification is all working correctly.

So, if you're still having problems, I'd suggest:

1.) Request a new ping
        2.) Double-check your spam folder
        3.) If it's not anywhere on your account within a couple of minutes, mail me at shannona@skotos.net and let me know exactly what email was sent to, at what approximate time.
        Works now.

I didn't get the original email, but the resend link worked in sending me a new verification code.
        A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
        A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
        A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

While we're on the topic of broken links, another page that's been annoying me for years is the subscription page.

On the subscription page (https://www.skotos.net/user/subscribe.php), the PLAY link in "Actually, I want to [ PLAY ] now and pay later." has been broken forever.
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
          A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

The player pictures site has been a bad link for 2-3+ years now?

the correct address is: http://tecplayers.igloons.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonus View Post
              Works now.

I didn't get the original email, but the resend link worked in sending me a new verification code.
              Great! (I suspect things were in some transition state previously, as recent Mail, DNS and User Databases changes could all have caused that mail to be wonky.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonus View Post
                While we're on the topic of broken links, another page that's been annoying me for years is the subscription page.

On the subscription page (https://www.skotos.net/user/subscribe.php), the PLAY link in "Actually, I want to [ PLAY ] now and pay later." has been broken forever.
                qft - already lost at least one potential player I was trying to get into the game because of that link being broken.

Comment

Requested a new ping, got it, and didn't have any troubles after that. Sorry for the delayed response. Long week.

Comment

Working...
                  X