Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

iPad and TEC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iPad and TEC

    Just wondering how to use my iPad with TEC. Can't seem to find a client for it.
    A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

  • #2
    You will most likely have to use something like:

    http://www.virtualfirefox.com/java-runtime-for-ipad

    - or another virtual machine plugin for it. (http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Java-on-iPad)

    There is a mobile version of firefox too.. which may be able to run the zealoutry client with a little work.

    Most of the solutions out there require you to have Cydia loaded - so the device must be jail broken.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm fairly certain I could help you out. Perhaps we could work out a deal if you are seriously interested. I would love to code an iPad app that'll connect to TEC using the new swift language, but I don't have a dev account.

      Shoot me a PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Zenerai View Post
        I'm fairly certain I could help you out. Perhaps we could work out a deal if you are seriously interested. I would love to code an iPad app that'll connect to TEC using the new swift language, but I don't have a dev account.

        Shoot me a PM.
        Does this exist? I want to play tec from an Ipad, is that possible?

        Comment


        • #5
          Their is an app on goggle play store called TECroid

          Comment


          • #6
            It's also in the Amazon App store.

            Comment


            • #7
              There is an App on the Apple Store called Photon Flash Player. It should work. I have used Puffin, but that was meh.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheBully View Post
                Their is an app on goggle play store called TECroid
                This is not an official client and is "use-at-your-own-risk". We offer zero support for issues resulting in the use of an unapproved client.
                Game Master Tale
                Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tale View Post
                  This is not an official client and is "use-at-your-own-risk". We offer zero support for issues resulting in the use of an unapproved client.
                  You also offer zero support for issues resulting in the use of an APPROVED client.
                  Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
                  abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by enger View Post
                    You also offer zero support for issues resulting in the use of an APPROVED client.
                    The official clients won't prevent you from being able to log out properly, preventing your character from leaving the game world until you log back in. Or prevent you from logging into a stuck character. Or lock up so badly that you effect game-wide lag.

                    And we are more than happy to help you with issues -caused- by the official clients themselves. Operating system compatibility issues however are more difficult to help with, but possible client updates from Skotos are being looked at.
                    Game Master Tale
                    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tale View Post
                      The official clients won't prevent you from being able to log out properly, preventing your character from leaving the game world until you log back in. Or prevent you from logging into a stuck character. Or lock up so badly that you effect game-wide lag.

                      And we are more than happy to help you with issues -caused- by the official clients themselves. Operating system compatibility issues however are more difficult to help with, but possible client updates from Skotos are being looked at.
                      affect >.>

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information