Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 72...
    Just sayin'....
    The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet.

Titus Flavius Vespasian.

Comment

Cool so everyone who got bonus points back in the day is earning between 2 to 4 more rps then everyone else per hour.

Comment

You get more now @ min gains than you did back then.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh
          Don't just make stuff up. Back it up with documented and collaborated test's and example's showing numbers and proper data.
          Even if you captured a sewer snake, put it in your room, and sapped its head all day back then, you still wouldn't beat out min gains now.

Comment

15 years and I've only got 11. The 10th one was like 4 years after my 9th. Wish I had those extra .5rps the whole time.

Comment

I've only earned 2... one for debating imaginary politics with a GMNPC out of boredom and the he other for trolling a group of players who were spamming long written emotes during an event.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                I've only earned 2... one for debating imaginary politics with a GMNPC out of boredom and the he other for trolling a group of players who were spamming long written emotes during an event.
                As much as we hate each other, I feel like you should have at least fifty.

I think if the former process was archaic and unfair, then BPs should just be removed and maybe give a 1RP gain per hour boost for all the paying customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssjflint View Post
                  As much as we hate each other, I feel like you should have at least fifty.

I think if the former process was archaic and unfair, then BPs should just be removed and maybe give a 1RP gain per hour boost for all the paying customers.
                  I actually don't hate you at all, I just found some things ironic and hilarious.

But like you said earlier, playing a-holes, bandits, thieves, criminals or any of the generally "villain" roles won't net you a whole lot of kudos or BPs. I've gotten far more kudos with my joke character who is a more of a mockery than an actual role than I have with any of my mains who usually have dedicated "bad guy" roles.

Comment

You pick up your right foot slowly, lifting it to begin walking eastward...
                    Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

*suggestion sent to the TEC staff, specifically Sceadu*

Years ago, several different players were fortunate enough to get bonus points very often, in large numbers. To quote one person I spoke to, "I would start talking about religion and BPs would rain down from the sky." Now it seems the policy towards bonus points has changed. Tale recently told me he only gave out a BP for player-driven events that involved much of the gameworld, ie skye and ediynth's annual parties. I am not knocking the parties...I enjoy them, and I think they do deserve a BP for them. However, the issue is for those players who happened to be around during the time when BPs were plentiful vs those of us who were around before, and after..but not during, there is a large disparity between our accounts. In truth this creates a very clear advantage to the accounts with higher RP/hr. I KNOW that is the point of BPs in the first place, but it is simply not fair to let such a huge gap exist between accounts simply because one was around for a specific two-year period randomly in the long history of this game.

I have a few ideas that could help with the situation ranging from minor to extreme that I would encourage you to not just discard offhand.

1. Grant 0.5 bonus points per month to premium subscribers. Retroactively would be ideal, but probably not possible. Even at this rate, it would take 1.5 years to get an upgrade, but I do not think BPs should be a quick trip to the top...hence a lot of the problem I have with the way things happened in the past.

2. Lower the cap of RP/hr to 6 maximum so the playing field is closer to level. For those who are above this level already, bonuses like free extra character slots, or a free t6 VC or something could be provided.

3. Remove bonus points entirely and set premium accounts at 10/hr, normal at 5/hr and unpaid at 1/hr...or zero. Whatever it currently is. I have not played a free account before. Again perks like free slots, or VC packages could be awarded to legacy RP/hr accounts.

4. Start handing out bonus points for more common, but consistant roleplay. I have been awarded more rolepoints from GMs when I was alone talking to myself or emoting to myself than interacting with other characters. This seems backwards to me. Stretching before I start running the courses, or discussing being a soldier with my superior officers are both the same roleplay in my opinion, but I do not get rewards for the interaction.

Thank you for your time. I would be willing to come up with further ideas to help solve this problem if none of the ideas presented are up to your standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        unpaid at 1/hr...or zero.
                        Free accounts currently do not accumulate RPs.
                        Flamboyant

Comment

Another suggestion..

Reward accounts that were created ten years ago and more by giving a slight bump in hourly rate of RP accumulation, as long as they are not already at the max yet. Just like those "grandfathered accounts" having 4 and 6 character slots (basic and premium) instead of the 2 and 4.

Old accounts get a bump in character slots, surely something could be done on rps/hr. Reward loyal customers who are still playing after several years now. We're all getting old!

Comment

My monthly (annual?) post at this point, but are people still super concerned about a balance of stats/ranks/traits?

At this point, why not just straight-out sell what people want? It seems odd there is a pre-frabricated collection of imaginary points to gain IG and OOC perks, but everyone beats around the bush so much.

It seems like there is a divide of people who think they can "work hard" and overcome some rank/stat deficit and another group that thinks that you can outpay or out-script them. This could be ranks, stats, GSP, custom items, favor with GMs, skills your org learned and then were removed, etc.

Y'all think that maybe having the GMs and owners of TEC telling you their intentions of what TEC should and shouldn't be would help clear things up? Is it 30 bucks a month to compete? Is it a retro game? Is it a way to help out the gms pay rent?

Just weirds me out that everyone still kinda just beats around the bush when this is a for-profit game for a few people. Maybe just everyone comes together and comes up with what is best for everyone? You are paying these people to play their game, why not just ask their end-goal and see what is up?

Comment

Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
                              At this point, why not just straight-out sell what people want?
                              they do, in the form of story points. you can buy so many a month, every month, depending on your account level, which you can then use as is, or convert to use as role points to get whatever you want, including stat increases, and custom items.

Comment

But like you said earlier, playing a-holes, bandits, thieves, criminals or any of the generally "villain" roles won't net you a whole lot of kudos or BPs. I've gotten far more kudos with my joke character who is a more of a mockery than an actual role than I have with any of my mains who usually have dedicated "bad guy" roles.
                                After reading this, I went back through my @mail. I rarely read the automated ones, so assuming that all my BPS were listed, and I can only see back a couple years just by skimming...I don't see any BP's for 2015, but I got 4 in 2014, and I see 2 in 2013...that's assuming I didn't open any and read them (my account has 13 BPS ever, that's it) But while I got a few pre 2010, they were all for accidently running into events, mocking the participants and leaving (I don't know if I actually GOT a BP for what I did, it seemed back then you got on the roster of attendees, and they just handed them out)

The other ten or so, has been since then...and I can't stand the scrolling of events, it's headachy...so Taci just hates crowds...well, and people...

So, I mean, I don't think they've been stingy? I've about averaged 1 a year, (or more like .888 er, or something, I flunked pre algebra and never looked back) and these were for random things, cussing a trap, or a ram or just having a conversation with someone. Although I love them...don't get me wrong...it's sort of always creeped me out too...lol, like omfg they're watching me. It's the MAN.
                                “Dreams don't come true. Dreams die. Dreams get compromised. Dreams end up dealing meth in a booth at the back of the Olive Garden. Dreams choke to death on bay leaves. Dreams get spleen cancer.”
                                ― Douglas Coupland, The Gum Thief

Comment

Working...
                                X