X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Issues

I keep getting the following error:

Connection failed: 'status: 2152398868'
    It seems to happen when there's a little bit of time with nothing being sent to the client from the game (Sitting in a room alone and not a lot of think traffic going on).

Anyone else been having this problem?

I'm on Zealotry 0.7.12.4, Mozilla Firefox 41.0, Windows 10

I've got a good internet connection, 180 Mbps down, 12 Mbps up.
    <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Originally posted by glenh
    Ooooo look at me i've got fast internets
    U jelly bro?

I just put it there so it'd be known that it wasn't my internet dropping the connection because of low speed or something.

Comment

Zealotry is broken on new versions of firefox when you turn on logging. Any chance you are doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucentius View Post
        U jelly bro?

I just put it there so it'd be known that it wasn't my internet dropping the connection because of low speed or something.
        I am, that's 12x faster than what I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeCP
          Guy.

Story of my life right now. If I idle for 25 seconds I just stop receiving from the server. Once I type something in I see "Connection closed - session ended."

I'll miss the ferry. I'll fall asleep while people are emoting. Resting at the baths can take me 10x longer because I keep disconnecting and not regenerating.

I honestly want to script just to stay online.
          to avoid the regeneration thing, go to an inn, and rest there. you recover sp while asleep in a residence, like an insula.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickD View Post
            Zealotry is broken on new versions of firefox when you turn on logging. Any chance you are doing that?
            I was, but disabled it, and it's still ongoing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucentius View Post
              U jelly bro?

Don't mind him, if he isn't a douchebag to at least one person daily he's not happy.

Comment

The clients need a major over haul, only one I can even get to work anymore is Flash and I gotta reload it every 30 minutes or so beacuse it starts to bog down. I miss using the alice client.

Comment

I'm sure someone could get you a version of TECracked or TEC cmud
                  TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                  Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                  Originally posted by Bucaria
                  The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post
                    I'm sure someone could get you a version of TECracked or TEC cmud
                    Or an actively developed client written in python on github. Not that it exists, is easily searchable, and works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickD View Post
                      Or an actively developed client written in python on github. Not that it exists, is easily searchable, and works pretty well.
                      I sent you a PM.

Comment

We had this problem in CM too. Pretty much everyone using firefox started using Pale Moon, which is basically firefox, just not broken. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Euphelia View Post
                          We had this problem in CM too. Pretty much everyone using firefox started using Pale Moon, which is basically firefox, just not broken. >.>
                          Tried this, problem is still happening.

Comment

I came back for a month a while back and was amazed at how the only client I could apparently use would bog down and require me to exit and restart in order to clear the incredible lag.

I've briefly considered trying TEC again a few times, but each and every time I'm reminded of things like this and it just doesn't seem worth it. It's unfortunate, since I spent an absurd amount of time enjoying TEC over the years, but I can't imagine any other scenario than the playerbase gradually dwindling down to nothing as there's no way a new person could be convinced to put up with glaring issues like this.

Comment

See...

See...this is the kind of thing I hope Tale or someone at least has SOME answer to. I know there are tons are disagreements on what WOULD and what WOULDN'T make the game more attractive to outright new players, but I feel like this is something virtually everyone agrees on.

Comment

Working...
                              X