Evictions and losing items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evictions and losing items

Sometimes life gets in the way and you can't play TEC anymore. Your money in the bank runs out and you lose your inn room.

Well, thankfully your stuff doesn't get thrown out anymore, and goes right into you account. Or, at least, that's what I heard.

Has anyone had things go missing?

For example, Corutain is a tailor for those of you who don't know. Well, he had purchased a display cabinet from Rock Valley to store ALL of his cloth and threads. (He had a lot. He likes to have options.)

Well, the cabinet, along with his entire cloth collection (save for a double in his sack) is missing. It's not in the bank with his other stuff.

That's the only thing I care about that's missing, because he's nothing without his cloth collection. Some of it was rare, too!

So I did what people told me to, I @requested/@reported it because that's NOT cool.

When: 5:24 am, Wednesday, October 28, 2015
    Subject: In reply to your ticket filed on 11:37 pm Tuesday, October 27, 2015
    ---
    I had been evicted from the Step Back Inn, and amongst my belongings was a windowed cabinet that I had bought from Rock Valley (so it didn't come with the room) and in that cabinet was ALL of Cor's threads and cloth! Now it's gone! It doesn't seem to be in my bank account... D:
    Submitted by: Corutain

And the response I got was:

Not ALL items are thrown into the bank. Apologies, but it was likely taken from
    the room.

THAT'S IT.
    I'm sorry, but that is not very helpful.
    If you spend your character's life gathering awesome cloth, and a storage unit to show it off and suddenly it's gone, would YOU be happy with that response? "Oh, yeah you don't have it anymore. GG."

From some digging, I've located http://forum.skotos.net/showpost.php...&postcount=118

"My to-do list for tonight is to do that refund, replace missing items, update the eviction code so that it actually removes all possessions like it's supposed to"

SUPPOSED TO.

So, yes, I'd like my items back, thank you.

I miss Kneller, great GM.
    Originally posted by Zenerai
    I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Yeah, kind of a shitty thing to come back to when you've spent real money to play this game. :/

Comment

I also had an extended absence and was evicted from my room. I recently returned and I lost a lot of items from my room as well. There were only a small number of things in my bank account. It was about three years and I don't remember everything I lost exactly, nor is it that big of a deal to me (it felt kind of exhilarating to start over with almost nothing), but I figured I'd mention it here in case the eviction system was intended to preserve more items for a character.
        [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisa View Post
          I also had an extended absence and was evicted from my room. I recently returned and I lost a lot of items from my room as well. There were only a small number of things in my bank account. It was about three years and I don't remember everything I lost exactly, nor is it that big of a deal to me (it felt kind of exhilarating to start over with almost nothing), but I figured I'd mention it here in case the eviction system was intended to preserve more items for a character.
          I had a full sack of small items I had made for training that I was going to turn in in Fran once it was full. That's missing, too. That I don't care about.

But the 100+ talents I spent on the cabinet, cloth and threads... I really want that back.

It's not the money. It was the time and effort I spent gathering each piece. Some of it was rare shit from the traveling merchants, too. :/

UGH, I'm so frustrated right now.

Comment

http://forum.skotos.net/showpost.php...&postcount=119

More proof that I should have all my belongings.

Comment

http://forum.skotos.net/showpost.php...0&postcount=32

Comment

From what I have heard when you get evicted, only things in one room get thrown in your bank account, and the other room things stays put. So, if you have two rooms and you didn't know you kept the items in the room where it stays when you get evicted, the next person rents it will most probably keep it.

Kneller mentioned this : Bunyip is currently working on the eviction code so that all personal items are returned to the renter's account, when someone is evicted. -- > "Currently" is the key word here. You never know if Bunyip actually finished coding it or left half-way through or you could point to where she updated it that mentioned Bunyip completed it. In which case, half your stuff is kept and the rest stayed in the room.

Stuff doesn't get thrown out anymore, so in your situation, it means someone have all your stuff when they rented it out and it's an IG problem, and I doubt GM is going to help retrieving your items and you just gotta ask around in-game about all your lost items.

And believe me, you're not the only one who have gotten evicted and lost all your rare/prized items and are mad and saying how unfair it is. Some even quit right after they came back after finding out their things were all gone. I know this because I went through it and got over it.

Regardless, hope you find your rare items when it resurfaces again.

Comment

I have a shittier response:

You're a rich ass tailor. Pay your rent, duh.
                  Originally posted by Felisin
                  Too many carebears in this game
                  Originally posted by Felisin
                  This game is less about RP and more about epeen and griefing.
                  On the Introduction of Magic into TEC:
                  Originally posted by Sandestin
                  Seriously, as much as Araminta would love to throw fireballs at Rubico, you know that's not gonna happen.

Comment

There's a high likelihood you won't get your items back. Not because the GM's are jerks, but because there's no way to reliably return all items -legitimately- lost due to the bug. Anyone could come back and claim they lost a 5, 10, 50, 100 talent item - or several - and there's no way a GM can fact check each claim.

Instead of risking replacing fake claims, they will not return any items. This is a risk you take when you stop playing the game for a long time, and it's really not the responsibility of the GM's to ensure that every character's belongings remain in tact whether or not they may ever play again. I've stopped playing the game several times and lost hundreds of talents a couple times due to evictions.

The best thing you can do is -enjoy playing- the game from the current point, rather than worrying about what could have been and what was lost. It's still a great game, and has plenty to enjoy without having nice things. Keep your eyes peeled for GM interaction because they actually throw out chances to earn/find those kinds of cool items IG a LOT more often now - and you'll have fun in the process of finding them, not just seek the end reward of the item.

From my experience the GM's don't like you to be unhappy any more than you do, and you just may find yourself in a unique opportunity at any given time. It may or may not end up with cool items, but you will enjoy the game more because of their efforts.

Comment

Thanks for the items, I made some fat talents off that stuff. I wondered who the poor sap was that lost it.

I miss the days that everything was dumped on the street when people were evicted. Made me want to log in every day and comb the inns for stuff. Please return it to this!
                      TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                      Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                      Originally posted by Bucaria
                      The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

I liked the old system too, was fun walking around to all the inns every morning looking for treasure.
                        VOTE!!! TMS

http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vo...e+Eternal+City

Originally posted by xiaozh
                        There, I saw Neptune himself demonstrating Hypnoticus Pirate Style.
                        Originally posted by SirLocke
                        Hypnoticus and I remember a time when those that wield tridents were gods among mere mortal men.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post
                          Thanks for the items, I made some fat talents off that stuff. I wondered who the poor sap was that lost it.

I miss the days that everything was dumped on the street when people were evicted. Made me want to log in every day and comb the inns for stuff. Please return it to this!

This. My main has lost more rare, expensive items....and honestly, it may sting at the time, but, it was usually good RP. I don't know, the new system sorta feels cheap. Yet, I also think we sadly have so few players left, and tons of real estate that we shouldn't be kicking people out of inn rooms if they still have money, because now it's on a timer or something. I've had characters lose tons of shit, because I hadn't bothered logging into them.
                          If they have money, why? I mean, maybe some high value properties, but dude, Thermia's? Really? There's twenty open rooms. If the char has money, let them hold it til they run out. Maybe folks would be more eager to come back, if they knew their rl had made their poor character homeless for no ig reason.
                          “Dreams don't come true. Dreams die. Dreams get compromised. Dreams end up dealing meth in a booth at the back of the Olive Garden. Dreams choke to death on bay leaves. Dreams get spleen cancer.”
                          ― Douglas Coupland, The Gum Thief

Comment

I'm interested to know what bank is going to just fill up their back room with the random belongings of someone that didn't pay their rent?
                            <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                            Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

Working...
                            X