Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healers of Light Event

[ This is an OOC accompaniment to better explain our plan. ]

Posters have been placed around the game world. They describe the plans for this event, but probably not as clearly as I'd like. In a week or two after our meeting scheduled for August 3 we'll be hosting a game. The rules are similar to games you've seen or heard before, one of which might be the television show To Tell The Truth. In which several contestants try to convince judges that they did something only one of them actually did.

The way this will work in game will be that one or two "judges" will be selected prior to the event (and it for these spots that we request you to come volunteer early.) It will be the judges job to determine which contestant is being honest. Everyone who comes and wishes to participate will write, or have written for them, an "admission". Something humorous or better yet embarrassing they did. These will all be added to a sack and drawn randomly. The selected admission will be read aloud and the judges will have time to question all participants. This time will be limited by a sandglass in game for all to see. They may ask whatever questions they wish to any or all participants. One of which will be honestly answering and the rest will be making up clever stories about what they supposedly did.

This will be scored. Each judge will earn a point for every time they correctly guess the guilty party once time has elapsed. Each participant will earn a point if they successfully convince a judge to incorrectly select them as the culprit.

Here is an example (all of which is completely fabricated and names are simply selected from the currently active Healers of Light membership):

Neithan ruffles around in a large sack and draws a piece of parchment.
    Neithan reads a piece of parchment, "I once kissed a frog."
    Neithan flips a sandglass while shouting, "Go!"
    Kyrah asks Velger, "So, where were you when you kissed this frog?"
    Velger responds, "Oh, in the bank."
    Kyrah asks, "Why?"
    Velger says, "It's where people hang out."
    Everyone laughs uproariously.
    Half the sand falls through the sandglass.
    Velger continues, "A trader convinced me he'd take that as payment for a new axe."
    Kyrah asks Khloe, "And why did you kiss a frog?"
    Khloe laughs, "Never heard the stories? To find a prince!"
    The final grain of sand falls.
    Kyrah thinks to herself, "No one believes those stories."
    Kyrah announces she thinks Velger is the one who kissed the frog.
    Velger chuckles.
    Khloe shakes her head, "Nope, it was me!"
    Neithan says, "Velger earns one point."

Had Kyrah chosen Khloe instead, Kyrah would have received the point. Velger did in this case because he lied convincingly and caused the judge to guess wrongly. There will be a prize available for this event. As usual the Healers of Light like to make their prizes worth it, so it is to be announced and will change based on availability of desired items. In this event Neithan will handle the collection of admissions and selection, and as such be ineligible for winning or participating. However, other members will be allowed to play and win.

If you have questions that can be addressed in game please seek out Neithan Mim, he's usually in one of a small number of places. Other questions can be addressed here.

Well, despite some initial confusion I think it went well.
    Morrian will be getting the prize, for just edging out Kyrah in a tie-breaker.

Comment

sorry for crapping out. 3 sick children. Was really fun,
      TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
      Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
      Originally posted by Bucaria
      The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Working...
      X