Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running off with items and stashing them (the bank is note a wise location) is part of some people's roleplay. So their character should all of a sudden be less greedy, ambitious for coin, etc because there is a GM making an npc dance and sing a certain way?

Not meant to be an attack on your last few sentences, but rather a, "saaaayyyy whaaaaaaat?"
    <Ioulinus thinks aloud: Need help. East of the Toga.>
    <Mausx thinks aloud: Thought you are a hero?>

SirLocke says to you, "Its not gay if its in a three-way."

Miri_arielle says to you, "I swing both ways"

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbieguy View Post
      Running off with items and stashing them (the bank is note a wise location) is part of some people's roleplay. So their character should all of a sudden be less greedy, ambitious for coin, etc because there is a GM making an npc dance and sing a certain way?
      If said item is of significant value, would the greedy person not see an imminent threat to his person should some more powerful person desire it? I know it's scarey to lose the invested time you have in your character, but I would like to feel more danger. I seem to feel like Iridine was more scarey in the past, like walking down the wrong street could cost you horribly, let alone taking some highly coveted prize from somewhere. You can't flaunt your wealth or possessions too much without risk of being a target for theft, nor can you feel really save if someone knows you have something they would kill for.

Also, I don't know what the bank does with forgotten or dead player items but I don't think they should be forever lost. Does it auction off dead people's possessions? If they have known kin or spouses can it be claimed? This becomes more crucial should the 'hoarder' in this example really be killed due to the greater greed of someone else.

Comment

• Gms have been known in the past to auction off character's bank account items once they were gone for a long period of time, whether the person just deactivated their account or their character(s) were killed off.

But there is still danger in the gameworld, just not enough of it. Very few are willing to risk their character and the time invested knowing that every bad guy ever has eventually been caught whether due to a mistake or gameworld issue.
        <Ioulinus thinks aloud: Need help. East of the Toga.>
        <Mausx thinks aloud: Thought you are a hero?>

SirLocke says to you, "Its not gay if its in a three-way."

Miri_arielle says to you, "I swing both ways"

Comment

• I definitely have at least one character who would be interested in attending a performance or artistic event.
          BacklinksVault

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbieguy View Post
            Gms have been known in the past to auction off character's bank account items once they were gone for a long period of time, whether the person just deactivated their account or their character(s) were killed off.
            I know this is a bit OT but I have to say it because it still bugs me.

If I had come back a year earlier, my character might not have woken up naked because of that auction. It wasn't just bank account items that were taken. If the characters are dead, sure...or delete massively inactive characters like other games do.

If my characters had been deleted because I'd been gone so long, it wouldn't bother me near as much. But because those items were part of her story -- collected, given as gifts, etc. -- from a time when you could only get custom items through IG events, it bothers me knowing they're still out in the game world somewhere. IF I can find them. (A couple have turned up and bless the people who gave them back or let me buy them back at fair value. I can't tell you how much those little line of code mean to me because of the stories they represent and players that became good friends whom I've since lost touch with.

I have replacement items that are frankly much nicer than the old (thank you GMs for helping me with that), but it just isn't quite the same. Not yet. They'll have their own part of my character's story in time I'm sure.

Just no more bank account raids for inactive characters please!
            /rant

BACK ON TOPIC NOW!

That said...a lot of her stuff goes to costumes and props for her dancing, which I really need to do more often. I keep saying that then don't do it. The instruments in game now are definitely a serious motivator! A lot of the problem for motivation is I love doing it but its a lot of work coming up with unique choreographies, and I haven't been able to sit down and come up with a collection of interchangeable macros to make a spontaneous dance work. I do have a couple ideas and a few requests: If I can get them written up and get out on a stage. That's my problem!
            Tale responds from afar, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?! (O_O)"

Comment

• I think there was an event held in the amphitheater recently. Im surprised that isn't used much. It would be a great way to express the histories of the cultures of Midlight. We miss our old festivs!
              Now you know how NPCs feel at least. They wake up one day, ready to live their lives - and then someone stabs them in the face.
              - krisslanza

Noone cares. At all. Stop whining about it.
              - a whiner

Comment

• Little late, but it would've been cool today for an easter egg hunt and have parchments that you slap for small RP prizes like the old ooc scavenger hunts.

Comment

• Those won't happen again because everyone that didn't make the event will complain. Or people that do get to participate complain that a certain group of people got all the good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkidd View Post
                    Those won't happen again because everyone that didn't make the event will complain. Or people that do get to participate complain that a certain group of people got all the good stuff.
                    You make it sound cool that the same 4 people get all the attention and focus of events
                    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                    Originally posted by Tale
                    My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

• I think the issue before was that certain people took an ooc scavenger hunt and turned it into an ic witch hunt when one of those torch on a string magic necklaces was one of the prizes. I could see it being perfectly fine if all the prizes weren't tangible or non-game breaking items like RP's, makeovers, etc.

Comment

• Had little to nothing to do with a torch necklace being a reward. I think I can speak for that pretty well since my old character borrowed this particular necklace (which now the legio has).

People were more upset that there was no announcement, it was on xmas eve and few players were online. The rewards came from killing critters. If you're killing critters in the RV dumps/pits you just won the game.

Since I brought the Legio up..remember when they were ordered to auction off Hesperus' faceplate? What happens with these items the Legio confiscates and is then ordered to auction? Why are there no GM's enforcing this RP? I'm cool with the Legio getting spoils of war, but they were ordered to auction something over a year ago and nothing's happened (besides Wallace getting a new helmet)? In the case of Mausx, his items were to be sold to help repay his victims.. would be nice if things like this actually happened. Instead the RP dies with the bandit being exiled or the character's death.

So, that's my event idea. The Legio holds an auction to help compensate victims of banditry. You know, the one they've been ordered to do time and time again and have never done.

Comment

So, that's my event idea. The Legio holds an auction to help compensate victims of banditry. You know, the one they've been ordered to do time and time again and have never done.
                          Brilliant! Excellent idea! I'd even attend such an event (not that I could actually buy anything, but I'd go)!
                          "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

• I think Valoran's been looking for Mausx' victims to repay for months now, and has repaid a lot of them.

Re: event ideas - love the lore stuff Castael is digging into so much on a player level, and the rebuilding of long term story arcs. Going to re-iterate how much I appreciate that Castael is prying some of the more recluse/hermit-like characters by tangling their lives up. The memory thieves storyline, for example, is really brilliant - it pushes characters to divulge some of their pasts to others. It seems like the current story builders have a really full plate already.

However, if the GM/SGs are looking for some new things to take on - I'd say I would really like to see more non magic stuff, as well as a few one-shot events. These require less commitment from players, are easier to introduce to characters who are 'casually stopping by', and folks get a quicker sense of resolution rather than feeling like they'll never find out what's really going on. Some one those simple 'my rabbit is missing, can u plz help in exchange for my gratitude and adorable gifts?' ones are fun for characters who aren't lore masters, top tier fighters, authorities, have their nose in everything anyway, etc.

That said, I think the recent reinvigorated interest in PC NPCs provides some of that, on some level - short lived but simple conflict, mostly easy to become involved in or avoid, usually resolving within a few hours at most. Kudos to the PC NPCs who do more than taunt and fite.

Comment

Since I brought the Legio up..remember when they were ordered to auction off Hesperus' faceplate? What happens with these items the Legio confiscates and is then ordered to auction? Why are there no GM's enforcing this RP? I'm cool with the Legio getting spoils of war, but they were ordered to auction something over a year ago and nothing's happened (besides Wallace getting a new helmet)? In the case of Mausx, his items were to be sold to help repay his victims.. would be nice if things like this actually happened. Instead the RP dies with the bandit being exiled or the character's death.

We no longer have said necklace. Wallace no longer has the helmet. The other items have been sold (save for one which is in still in the process), and victims have been repaid save for the 3 you will see Valoran STILL asking for on a regular basis. Please, let's not spread rumors when the truth is unknown?

As for event ideas, I like the idea of "holiday" events as long as they aren't giving out "game-breaking" items, as was already mentioned. I think they can be really neat themed ideas, even if not entirely IC. I wish I was able to make them, but alas...kids. (Maybe in the future, we could do some holiday events that extend from the day before, or to the day after?)

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                              However, if the GM/SGs are looking for some new things to take on - I'd say I would really like to see more non magic stuff, as well as a few one-shot events. These require less commitment from players, are easier to introduce to characters who are 'casually stopping by', and folks get a quicker sense of resolution rather than feeling like they'll never find out what's really going on. Some one those simple 'my rabbit is missing, can u plz help in exchange for my gratitude and adorable gifts?' ones are fun for characters who aren't lore masters, top tier fighters, authorities, have their nose in everything anyway, etc.
                              Also this. ^ I love seeing random fly-by events that don't have to involve everyone all the time, especially for newer people.
                              And PLEASE some non-magic stuff? <3
                              Originally posted by Atilu
                              You'd probably be happier if you just didn't come to the forums.
                              Nicarus says to you, "Ya should shadow me an' keep track o' things. We can call it tha Dew-y number-ic system or somethin'.... have to work on that"

Comment

• Story telling gatherings, for prizes or just company. Bian did this one now and then, and it was nice - it gathers people at a neutral location, appeals to varying and ambiguous interests, and gives the SG/GM a chance to sit back and relax a bit - or divulge lore. Was glad to see Skye attempting to host this the other day.

Kidnap some of those cute bank/tailor/broker girls. I imagine the countryside would be roused to action. Release the hounds.

My favorite events are all tangled up with lore/magic stuff, but since I'm suggesting some non magic story arcs... I liked the blue panache bandit events that happened a million years ago. Fun to chase around the grasslands, fun to wake up to an inn room strewn with clues, fun for guilds to collaborate to figure out who the culprit is, fun to get together with your friends to explore and look for new/old hideouts, and nobody gets burnt at the stake for evil magickz.

Comment

Working...
                                X