This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Navarius View Post
    Thanks for the ideas, we hope everyone has enjoyed everything thus far. Now that we have the third storyguide we have been waiting on, we will be helping him learn the ropes and get some practice in so that we can soon begin running announced events in addition to the impromptu mini-events.

Another idea I'd like to check with everyone on is in regards to the ampitheater. Do most of you feel that there is enough demand to put on performances? My idea would involve a storyguide leader in the play to provide costumes, props, and the like, and then your characters could audition for the parts. Before I decide to put any more thought into this, though, I would like to find out if enough players would both a) be willing to take part in these and b) be willing to attend and watch the performances.

As always, keep the ideas and feedback coming in. There's been a lot of great ideas brought up and we're keeping notes on them for use in the near future.
    I'll write the script for Aisly Superstar, if you want.
    Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

I like the mini events so far and I can't wait to see your first real story arc play out, but I'd like to add one more request/tip if it hasn't been said already.

KEEP METICULOUS NOTES of any and all parts of story arcs somewhere online and accessible to the other story guides so if one of you has a leave of absence for any reason, things wont grind to a halt.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Vote!

Comment

I'll have to say, this addition is the greatest thing I've seen for the gameworld so far. I just had to acknowledge it. I wish the story guides much success. I have a few event ideas that were approved back before I left, you may find something in there you can use. Some required GM asst, some did not, they were simply org events, newbie events.. etc. I'll look through my old notes and pass it on to one of you.

As for immeadiate idea suggestions.. I would do things to intrest newbie and vet alike. With such a small playerbase, you need all-inclusive events. This gives you a wide range to work with. Start with Midlight lore, those events always drew big attention, the steps had a lot of interesting history storylines that could be used. Each area has some kind of importance, start re-defining these areas for people. Use the knowledge of the vets, and the vigor of the newbies. Just kinda keep things mixed up, like the Japes method that's already been noted. Start with 4-5 points and draw connections inward, like a spider-web of events that at first have no ties, but as you progress, all have had hands in the course of events. This method could be used in any area you wish to apply, be it combative-non-com or just plain exploration and adventure.

You have a real chance to redefine how this game is viewed and played. Again, I wish you luck.
        The secret to life is simply to live, love and be happy.

Comment

Some quick updates here:

First off, the ability for us to control existing NPCs, such as shopkeepers, has been added. This should help out a great deal in interactions with them. A side note, we -cannot- and -will not- take control of player characters. Some concerns have been brought up by players about whether this could be done or not, and I wanted to assure everyone that that will not be happening.

Secondly, as many of you have noticed, we are still working out all the mechanics. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for being patient when these obvious errors have come up. We hope to be getting the posted events rolling soon, but in the meantime, we hope that you all enjoy our trial and error impromptu events to figure out how we can improve things.
          If you don't have something nice to say, say it to Bersarin.

Comment

I have before, and could again, have characters interested in acting, singing, playwriting, and other performance art. It seemed to draw a consistent crowd of 12-20 when I did it, so I imagine you guys doing it with mechanics to help could draw 20+.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
            HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Can't say I have a character that would perform or contribute in anyway, but I definitely have at least one character who would be interested in attending a performance or artistic event.

Vote!

Comment

Originally posted by Navarius View Post
                Thanks for the ideas, we hope everyone has enjoyed everything thus far. Now that we have the third storyguide we have been waiting on, we will be helping him learn the ropes and get some practice in so that we can soon begin running announced events in addition to the impromptu mini-events.

Another idea I'd like to check with everyone on is in regards to the ampitheater. Do most of you feel that there is enough demand to put on performances? My idea would involve a storyguide leader in the play to provide costumes, props, and the like, and then your characters could audition for the parts. Before I decide to put any more thought into this, though, I would like to find out if enough players would both a) be willing to take part in these and b) be willing to attend and watch the performances.

As always, keep the ideas and feedback coming in. There's been a lot of great ideas brought up and we're keeping notes on them for use in the near future.
                This would be a -ton- of fun, I think.
                "You look so fine ... I want to break your heart and give you mine."

Bite down and survive with me.

Comment

First off, welcome!

I'm not an active forum goer, but I did just take the time to read through this thread. I'm very intrigued by the idea of SGs, and hope that I get a chance to interact sooner than later. With this thread as my only informational source for this so far, I'd like to express a simple concern for the Japes formula. Depending on how 'important' a mini-event is deemed, it somehow seems to promote secrecy. This gripe definitely comes from a player to player history, but many people have learned not to hoard just items, but IG information as well. Some events will thrive off this style of play, but as someone who was not active with the GMs and big event arcs for the last few years, I have hardly found any information IG on many of these topics.

Whether a general lack of knowledge, or need to keep it under the radar I do not know. As many have heard already, I don't communicate outside of the gameworld, forums aside from time to time. I miss out on a lot, and hope that maybe the SGs would even be able to hold non-events (random npc that was at ____ event who knows what happened) to speak on behalf of their own work to characters that are curious about any ongoings. Events brought me back to check this game out, and from what I've read, you guys are already doing great. Thanks for doing your best to provide where this game has jetlagged behind itself.

Comment

Thank you for your concerns, G.I. Joe. I had already thought about this certain issue and I did come up with a solution. It will fix the concern you have brought forward, but some of the more private interactions may not become public depending on the situations. An announcement will be made once the said solution is readily available in the game.

Keep sending us feedback, suggestions and ideas!

Comment

Let me just start off by saying 'Congratulations' you have started to breathe new life into this game. I can hardly go ingame, the past week or so especially, without hearing about something to do with the events taking place on a regular basis.

I want to thank the GMs and staff for finally making this a reality. Though we've been asking for it for years, you've finally followed through with it. I can't express enough how impressed I am, finally letting go of the reins a bit and handing them over to people who can finally focus JUST on events. They don't have to worry about this or that problem, nor release of what skill or coded semblance of land. Just keeping the stories going in a forward momentum is good.

Allowing these people to give out BP's is also a plus, since they are the ones who will be the rp police in essence, finding people who are willing and able to assist them in taking a story and making it a plot and executing it for all to enjoy. They will be seeing alot of the rp that gets missed out on due to time constraints.

As to the problem with information hoarding, I can't help but think back to the the website the News Underground... that site, even now can give you such a view of the gameworld at that period that it makes you wish you could go back in time and relive much of the action that took place. It kept people up to date on current happenings and helped to promote people to share what they knew instead of keeping it to themselves there-by being a storykiller. If this site or something similar, whether it be a new forum option added or whatever you can come up with, would be great. I don't really think that people should be totally free and able to post threads/posts in such a place, because that's a way that alot of misinformation can be spread as well, but perhaps if people could send in submissions to be approved, that would help to flesh out the events from different points of view.

I really don't think it need be a completely ingame solution, but I really think that people need to be able to somewhat experience what they've missed out on, and that site really gave a rather birds-eye view of the goings on.

Let me say one last time, I am so ... overjoyed at the changes as of late, everything seems to be going in a more positive direction, which is always a good thing. Keep up the good work, SG's and GM's alike, you're on the right path to bringing this game back from being a lost cause, to something we can all be proud to call ours.
                      Amatoria crams a fist full of biscuits in her mouth.
                      You pick out a biscuit from some biscuits.
                      You consume the last of a biscuit.
                      Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
                      Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by HotMoltenLava View Post
                        It kept people up to date on current happenings and helped to promote people to share what they knew instead of keeping it to themselves there-by being a storykiller. If this site or something similar, whether it be a new forum option added or whatever you can come up with, would be great. I don't really think that people should be totally free and able to post threads/posts in such a place, because that's a way that alot of misinformation can be spread as well, but perhaps if people could send in submissions to be approved, that would help to flesh out the events from different points of view.

I really don't think it need be a completely ingame solution, but I really think that people need to be able to somewhat experience what they've missed out on, and that site really gave a rather birds-eye view of the goings on.
                        First of all I'd like to thank you for your kind words and feedback, it is appreciated by all of the StoryGuides.

I don't want to talk much about the solution, but it will be found in the game and not on a forum, third-party website or else. I am of the personal belief that if the said solution wasn't in the game, that it wouldn't promote role-playing. The solution I have in mind will give both unique role-playing opportunities and news gathering. And the best part about it is that everyone will be able to participate.

Comment

By all means, improving this by keeping it ingame is more than acceptable, I just had my doubts on there being something that could really be effective. But I'll wait to make these assumptions until the solution presents itself. Well done.
                          Amatoria crams a fist full of biscuits in her mouth.
                          You pick out a biscuit from some biscuits.
                          You consume the last of a biscuit.
                          Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
                          Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

For an event, I would love to see a completely non-combat situation come up. More specifically, a party. Maybe a gathering to announce a Patrician's step forward towards _______, a shopkeeps new stock, something that will gather people around in a manner that will promote the idea of a community, as this is very much a community based game. It will give people a chance to interact with others in a way that maybe they wouldn't have otherwise. Most of the lame get togethers are all combat oriented, and the only questions are involving anothers skill with a weapon to help with a take down or the like. Instead, it would be nice to see social interaction, maybe help people flesh out who their characters are, where they came from and where they want to go. Stream of consciousness spilling out, so bear with the scattered presentation. 8)

Comment

I think the idea of sg's is a good one, it works with other online games and will hopefully work with this one too. At the begining of last year everything looked quite promising... new gms... lots of events.... org gms.... well rpd gmnpc's who got involved with various people and groups... Good Times !

One of the things i consider to be essential to the game is the notion of the essence of time.The world is in a fluxus and somehow that needs to be represented. The creation of the past through accesable histories, and the general feeling that there will be things happening in the future that will shape and change our world as we know it. People have mentioned before, there are often events of relevance that are only witnessed by the few, and those that are involved for ic reasons can not relay that information easily.

Its all very well saying to people find out ig , but we are losing history and some great stories because of this train of thought. Now i cant say i am a fan of cm..but within cm they have found a way that although written with an ic biased view ( not unlike certain perceptions of iridine history ) there is a history of events pretty much from the day one which can be read in the forums, and is used as ic knowledge, this also provides the player with something to quench their thirst whilst aiding with immersement into the on-going story. It would be great if the players of tec and those who are just casually browsing could have a database such as this example. There could well be a number of versions of the same event provided by different char's... There could be and hopefully would be major contributions from gms also. I found something similar to what could be used also at http://www.eternal-city.com/underground/news.htm

So how do we get this information that contributes to the illusion of time-line into the public domain ?

I would like to suggest an event is created where all of the stories of the past are submitted , this would be inclusive of all guilds/groups as well as independant tales alike.

This could be the chance to bring together all thats gone on prior to this date, before we lose it all. A gmnpc could instigate the call icly for all historical documents to be gathered..

Events that offer an insight and unearthing of history or historical items might also be of use here.
                              Perhaps there is room for the library to be implimented in such.
                              Perhaps an academy with a museum attached, something akin to the library of Alexandria.

Moving on to other other areas....

While i would like to see the backbone of tec being driven so that our chars are constantly aware of a time-line, i like the idea that all groups within the pc field are catered too with their own speacialty events etc etc.

I would like to see the other unreachable lands, places and peoples in midlight have more of an effect on the republics daily life, the rv situation was good , i had hoped that there was going to be some kind of escalation with the Moon-gods scenario ... not sure exactly whats going on with this now though..There is also alot of room for the ancestors of the original occupants of the land to be noticed within the current time-frame, once again not sure if we are in the midst of something relative to this or not.

Creating wars that are for the sake of appeasement is fairly useless, unless they are part of proper story-arc, though some kind of conflict or regular mini-conflicts are crowd pleasers, understandably a good proportion of these need to be aimed at the general populace, not purely legio though the legio would benifit from having regular border skirmishes or infractions into their territory, something to put that pard skill to use on.

The Blue Water break inn....

Every now and then, at unpredictable times, a ferry going to the inn could appear in vetallun. Pelts , Salt , fish and pc crafted items could be traded there for a diverse range of goods. E.g joe takes the ferry and finds that he can either exchange his pelts for some unique item , or some polished bronze helmets or a furlined cloak...etc etc, items and exchange rates could vary constantly so you are never sure if you will get a good deal, bad deal or a suprise.

Tent city......

Tent city and the gangs there in could be interacting with the gangs in the steps... perhaps minor wars, skirmishes or possible events that are aimed at the gangs in the steps. Lots of possible scenarios there, take over of leaderships, territory, kidnapping, hijacking of contraband, deals going wrong etc etc.

Ship Adventures.....

Every now and then the brave and adventureous, could sign up for a 4hr rl ship trip !!!

These could be based on a variety of escapades, whether guarding cargo, searching for a person on a supposed island, or paid jobs like the drover work.

Hazards could range from pirate attacks, sea monster attacks, being knocked off course by storms, strange creatures and obscure buildings on unknown islands.

Somewhere someone mentioned forms of travel..

Chariots, and Horsedrawn wagons could be used for short distances... Chariots for legio..
                              Horsedrawn-wagons for the rest of the populace.
                              Weight/baggage allowances should be considered, perhaps handluggage only permitted .( only what you can carry ).

Wheeled travel could travel at two or three times the speed of the drovers, perhaps Franlius, Tepsin and Darpen could be opened up for such.

ewww long post..you can wake up now thanks
                              Ich gehore nicht zur
                              Baader-Meinhof Gruppe.

Comment

I would like to see events that affect the politics of Iridine. Like when what's his name got assassinated and hoods got outlawed. A StoryGuide could control a Senator and take suggestions from players about what they would like done for the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X