This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Led_Zeppelin View Post
    I would like to see events that affect the politics of Iridine. Like when what's his name got assassinated and hoods got outlawed. A StoryGuide could control a Senator and take suggestions from players about what they would like done for the city.
    When Orasca Calsuan was assassinated in his own home by a man in a hooded cloak, leading to the outlaw of all hooded cloaks and masks, as they were not useful in combat situations and so were therefore only being used for illegal purposes. The actual killing was carried out by a player's main, too. Good times.
    Newpatriot frowns to you, "I don't have any open slots. "
    You ooc to Newpatriot, "Ummmm..."
    You ooc to Newpatriot, "Are they all full?"
    Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

<01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

Originally posted by Bactrian
    Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

Comment

Originally posted by neitz View Post
      Wheeled travel could travel at two or three times the speed of the drovers, perhaps Franlius, Tepsin and Darpen could be opened up for such.
      One edit, toss in Seld too

Vote!

Comment

Making hooded cloaks contraband was actually one of the stupidest, most poorly thought out ideas evar.

EVery single iridinian citizen gets their heads rained on... because despite hooded cloaks being one of the easiest technologies in the world to invent, we aren't allowed to use them... because one time a guy died and someone was wearing one.

In recent news, cherries are outlawed, since once a man choked on one.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
          Making hooded cloaks contraband was actually one of the stupidest, most poorly thought out ideas evar.

EVery single iridinian citizen gets their heads rained on... because despite hooded cloaks being one of the easiest technologies in the world to invent, we aren't allowed to use them... because one time a guy died and someone was wearing one.

In recent news, cherries are outlawed, since once a man choked on one.
          The guy that died was...ummm...the Dictator.

Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

Comment

Originally posted by Trisidius View Post
            The guy that died was...ummm...the Dictator.
            this in no way invalidates my point.

The law is totally unenforceable. and silly.

Every single person in the known world owned a hooded cloak, or would make one the moment they had to go out in a rain storm. You can't -ban- a hooded cloak.

What makes -far-far-far-far-far-far- more sense is to outlaw concealment in the presence of any republic official on business without express permission.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
              this in no way invalidates my point.

The law is totally unenforceable. and silly.

Every single person in the known world owned a hooded cloak, or would make one the moment they had to go out in a rain storm. You can't -ban- a hooded cloak.

What makes -far-far-far-far-far-far- more sense is to outlaw concealment in the presence of any republic official on business without express permission.
              Let's make this game more realistic. It certainly needs to be made so.

Comment

Keeping on topic.

I also think that events about the different religions/cults in Midlight would be fun. A heretic could surface, or there could be an organized worshipping session to Ereal in which sacrifices of criminals or something are made (it's been a while since I read about TEC religion, does Ereal like sacrifice??). And then Ereal could perform some astonishing act, like lighting the Traevant on fire.

I think it would be cool if TEC's religions could be developed more through events, any other ideas along this line?

Comment

A heretic could surface,
                  Heretics? No heretics here! all erealites! promise!

or there could be an organized worshipping session to Ereal in which sacrifices of criminals or something are made (it's been a while since I read about TEC religion, does Ereal like sacrifice??).
                  Not human sacrifices. But yes, he likes sacrifices.

And then Ereal could perform some astonishing act, like lighting the Traevant on fire.
                  Ereal doesn't perform direct miracles. His worshippers perform them.. But I am all for lighting forests on fire to show you are pleased with the inhabitants.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Keep posting your suggestions, comments, ideas and feedback. We're still reading them. We appreciate it. Thanks!

If you prefer, you can always send a private message. We check them relatively often.

Comment

Scavenger hunts are always fun.

-M

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by alteredbeast View Post
                        Scavenger hunts are always fun.

-M
                        Seconded.1

Comment

I agree on the scavenger hunts, they always seem to have a good turn out. Also, an event or two geared towards the noncoms would be really great. Sorry players I know how much you all love your fighting stuff (i do too!), but an occassional noncom event would make everyone feel more included in the fun of things.

Comment

Out of curiosity what qualifies as a noncom event? There have been a lot of cooking and conversational event things going on. I was just wondering if these qualify or if people are looking for something like a tailoring competition or something?

Vote!

Comment

My noncom would have loved the last cooking event that I have heard about. Unfortunately, that was a randomly done event at a time that I was sleeping. Perhaps if it had been one of those announced in the events listing (haha), then I could've made it.
                              But yes, noncom events could cover lots of things, from making drinks, cooking, scavenges, plays, makeovers, tattooing events, hell throwing eggs at eachother on teams. Lots of choices, sure combat events are fun and probably entertain the majority of the playerbase at one time, but lets not forget about those few that choose not to use a weapon at all. We wanna play too!
                              Krythis spells with his rays to you, "SHOULDN'T YOU BE CYBERING?!"
                              Krythis spells with his rays to you, "I'VE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dmw View Post
                                My noncom would have loved the last cooking event that I have heard about. Unfortunately, that was a randomly done event at a time that I was sleeping. Perhaps if it had been one of those announced in the events listing (haha), then I could've made it.
                                But yes, noncom events could cover lots of things, from making drinks, cooking, scavenges, plays, makeovers, tattooing events, hell throwing eggs at eachother on teams. Lots of choices, sure combat events are fun and probably entertain the majority of the playerbase at one time, but lets not forget about those few that choose not to use a weapon at all. We wanna play too!
                                I have a tattoo I have been meaning to get for a long while.

So I am all for a tat event.

HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Working...
                                X