Announcement

Collapse

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
See more
See less

*IGL* Friday Night Fight Fest I [Friday April 2nd, 9:00PM EST]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *IGL* Friday Night Fight Fest I [Friday April 2nd, 9:00PM EST]

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The IGL is proud to announce its first tracked event.

Every Friday or Thursday (Depending on Ludus or IGL Staff availability) we will host a basement or Ludus fight that will be tracked by the IGL. (Hopefully we will give more advanced notice in the future )

Until the conclusion of the CL Citizenship fights, all Fight Fests are NON-SEASONAL. The Tournament of Champions, Season I, will not begin until after the CL citizenship fights. These first few Fight Fests are only to establish the Blood Sport Index for gladiators and for a round of good fist-pounding, ground hitting fun!

Please remember that Fight Fests and any Gladiatorial Match are challenge-based until a record of 5 or more fights have been established. An opportunity to become an IGL member will be made available at each Fight Fest Event.

If you don't want to be tracked, that's ok. Just show up for some good fun

Time: Friday, April 2nd, 9PM EST
    IGL Host: Krakyll Ciberus, the Red Cyclone
    Sponsoring Stable: The Silverwolves Gladiator Stable
    Prize Support: NA
    Fees: NA
    Restrictions: None.

If you have any questions, please locate either Krakyll or Sezeriex in game. Thank you!

Ex Chao Venit Claritas
    From Chaos comes Clarity

I vote for Thursdays

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
      I vote for Thursdays
      Well, I'll hopefully have them alternate every other week (One week Thursday, Next week Friday, etc etc). It depends mainly on availability by the IGL staff and also on which stable is willing to host it.

I would've gone with Thursday for this week except its relatively short notice. Hence why I posted it for tomorrow

I'll be sure to utilize the @events submission to get it set up for next week. Though I'm not sure if people would want to participate that close to Set 5 of the CL Citizenship fights.

Ex Chao Venit Claritas
      From Chaos comes Clarity

Comment

Just a bump up reminder that this is today.

Also, I built a website! Its not much (considering its a free website), but it'll be where I'll keep all the statistical information for the IGL.

As always, let me know if you have any suggestions.

Click here for more information!

Ex Chao Venit Claritas
        From Chaos comes Clarity

Comment

Results have been posted on the website:

http://igl.yolasite.com/

BSI indexes have been updated, please review at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for the awesome turnout guys. It was a lot of fun seeing that many people participating!

Ex Chao Venit Claritas
          From Chaos comes Clarity

Comment

So...if I keep winning my BSI just stays at 100%? Isn't that gonna screw me in the long run?

I'm just trying to figure out the math behind the mayhem. It seems if newbie a and newbie b fight five times and newbie a wins everytime he's entered into the eagle match. Is that how this is working?

Comment

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
              So...if I keep winning my BSI just stays at 100%? Isn't that gonna screw me in the long run?
              Yes it is. Because after your fifth fight, you will not have the luxury of challenging your opponents. I will be assigning them to you based on your BSI. So if you keep winning at 100% you'll be facing harder and harder opponents that share the same BSI as you. In this example, you'll be facing off people like Hurrok and Vierra in your next set of matches etc. Don't worry. You won't be staying at 100% for long

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
              I'm just trying to figure out the math behind the mayhem. It seems if newbie a and newbie b fight five times and newbie a wins everytime he's entered into the eagle match. Is that how this is working?
              Not really. The season hasn't started yet. We're hosting IGL fights for the purpose of collecting data before the season actually starts so people can begin their matchups without having to go through the 5-fight challenge based period. Also, you're assuming that Newbie A and Newbie B will keep challenging each other, and that in the Fight Fests and Throwdowns, the fights will continue to be challenge based.

That is NOT the case. Please remember that after we have enough data (five matches) the BSI will be used to determine a person's fight partner, and it will NOT be challenge based any longer.

So to reiterate: in a true Match Fight, the system is NOT challenge based. The only reason why it was challenge based last night (and for the next few fight-fests) is because we don't have enough raw data to process a ratings match. (can't assign people based on BSI if there is no BSI to start with). This will be true for the first five fights for every gladiator.

After the 5th matchup, I will be assigning people with equal BSI to square off against each other. So if Sirrius still has a BSI of 100.0, he'll be facing off Hurrok/Vierra/Brudox and whoever else that shares the same record as he.

Trust me, by the time the actually tournament rolls around and after ten or so BSI matched fights, only those who are genuinely good fighters, will have a great BSI. Its' just natural because the better their BSI is, the harder their matchup opponents will be.

Ex Chao Venit Claritas
              From Chaos comes Clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Krakyll View Post

After the 5th matchup, I will be assigning people with equal BSI to square off against each other. So if Sirrius still has a BSI of 100.0, he'll be facing off Hurrok/Vierra/Brudox and whoever else that shares the same record as he.
                This will be my one gripe with the system. Sirrius, who seems to be better then everyone in his relative skill level, but a lot worse then those who aren't, will be forced to fight people that'll nearly sever and/or break his limbs meaning he won't be able to train for a couple days after the fights. Eventually, this cycle will keep repeating unless people below Sirrius surpass him. In fact, Sirrius is just in a crappy position PVP wise anyway you cut it =(

I mean, a better option for him would be to throw a fight or two before the going gets heavy.

And I don't mean to make it sound like I'm a pansy, because I've let Krakyll and Banic beat the hell out of Sirrius, it just really sucks when you can't train afterwards because the disparity of the two leads to crushing blows on poor Sirrius' frame.

Comment

Stuff

I don't mean to sound like an ass but that's what a gladiator is. It's part of the risk you take when you step onto the sands. You could create some interesting RP by throwing fights for money.
                  Originally posted by Zenerai
                  I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Lime View Post
                    I don't mean to sound like an ass but that's what a gladiator is. It's part of the risk you take when you step onto the sands. You could create some interesting RP by throwing fights for money.
                    I agree to an extent, but not when you're forced into fighting people who are going to have 5's on you and do fractures and devastating cuts that'll leave you unable to do anything for a day or two. It's one thing to sign up to a tournament, and get so far, and then run into that, it's another for you know that if you show up to the regular fights, that you're going to be forced into it.

I'm not saying I'm refusing to do it, I was just putting the concern forward and wondering if it'd be wiser to not let my character's BSI get high so he doesn't get caught into a vicious cycle. Especially when also considering that, whether it be something I'm doing wrong or not, I nearly need the whole week of the cycle to get even 300 SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Lime View Post
                      Except it isn't. Because if you understand the BSI system you can pick and chose who you fight and when knowing that you can always lose by a little but win by a lot if you start getting a gist of BSI's. One of the reasons I am against the system and won't really be having my gladiator do them. This kind of thing should be left to xbox live Halo standings and not used in gladiator fights. I have always hated the idea of categorizing fighters and using it as an IC means to determine who should be fighting who, especially when it comes down to exact math, which in my opinion detracts from the 'feel' of TEC's gladiating.

Comment

We can give this a chance if may workout well ,or it may not and if not....well it will probobly be trashed........Its not like the GMs are ToTaly behind this...and its the way its gonna be no matter what..

Nobody else has taken charge and put as much thought into this as Krakyll has I mean shit I could not think of something like this.....Kudos to Krakyll and anyone who helped him for actually caring about this topic as much as they obviously do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil78 View Post
                          We can give this a chance if may workout well ,or it may not and if not....well it will probobly be trashed........Its not like the GMs are ToTaly behind this...and its the way its gonna be no matter what..

Nobody else has taken charge and put as much thought into this as Krakyll has I mean shit I could not think of something like this.....Kudos to Krakyll and anyone who helped him for actually caring about this topic as much as they obviously do.

Yeah, I'm not discrediting the effort he's put forward towards it, or even suggesting it won't work. Just voicing concerns is all, which I'm sure he's glad to hear and answer.

Comment

Soo.

Creative idea, I can see the effort.
                            In saying that there are several flaws in the concept. As in if upper tier fighters actually show up for these events and no one present can defeat them. Several fight nights I ve been to, one or two fighters defeated almost everyone attending.
                            Storyguide Calades responds, "Woah now, I thought you were kidding when you
                            said training complex."
                            Tiehn responds from afar, "Oh, I put things in all sorts of weird places. "

VOTE"

Comment

Originally posted by Sirrius View Post
                              Yeah, I'm not discrediting the effort he's put forward towards it, or even suggesting it won't work. Just voicing concerns is all, which I'm sure he's glad to hear and answer.
                              BINGO. This is not to put down Krakyll at all. He is a great rp'er and I am glad he is investing energy into it. Just pointing out what I see but he wants to do it a very specific way, which is all gravy.

Comment

Working...
                              X