Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Gone again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone again...

Well, looks like I might be headed back to the "big house" for a while. My P.O. called today and wants to know why I ain't in Central Florida anymore...

See, I got a chance at a good job, so I took it. It just happened to be about a thousand miles outside my "district". P.O. wouldn't return phone calls, so I just split. Been here 8 months with no problems.

I have a meeting with her tomorrow at 3pm EST. If ya'll don't hear from me by Friday or Saturday, I reckon Maljuna and Puni will be gone for two or three years again.

Fuck.

To all of you my characters interact with, I'll miss you. BUT, I will be back!

Who knows, maybe they won't violate me (not holding my breath), but just in case, I didn't want to just disappear again.
    "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Damn it bro. I'm sorry to hear they caught up with you. I mean...you knew they probably would but it sucks regardless.

Comment

Ha.

Skipped the meeting, went walk-about. I'll be popping in from time to time, as the 'situation' allows.

Grateful Dead

Comment

Dude.. why.. I mean you were going to get in trouble for leaving the area without permission, I get it. But completly running is gonna land you a lot more time when you get caught (and they will find you). If you had really left the area for a job offer and hadnt caused any trouble they might have taken it easy on you. Now youre just boned.

Comment

Sorry to hear this...

Comment

Originally posted by Tolotec View Post
            Dude.. why.. I mean you were going to get in trouble for leaving the area without permission, I get it. But completly running is gonna land you a lot more time when you get caught (and they will find you). If you had really left the area for a job offer and hadnt caused any trouble they might have taken it easy on you. Now youre just boned.
            This proves you've never dealt with the Feds. I violated the terms of my Supervised Release by leaving my "area" without permission. Never mind the fact that my P.O. never returned a single phone-call in the 16 months or so I was on her caseload, she claims that I never called, ever. Not the case, but I'll never be able to prove otherwise, nor will I be given the opportunity. Oh well, the penalty will be the same if they catch up with me tomorrow or in ten years. And, yes, they will catch up with me eventually, but, I figured I ain't quite ready to go back yet.

Let's rock!

Grateful Dead

Comment

I wish you the best! Xene sure does miss Maljuna, though! Maybe by the time you come back she will be a worthy opponent! *giggles*

Comment

Working...
              X