I am back and these are my thoughts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post
    I agree that those things do nothing really or if they do they do too little to matter.
    From my minimal testing, they do, but it seems to tie directly to the bandages and like you said, it isn't enough to matter much.
    Flamboyant

Comment

Originally posted by Telvanni Guard View Post
      From my minimal testing, they do, but it seems to tie directly to the bandages and like you said, it isn't enough to matter much.
      I've suspected bandages to have some effect. A long while ago when I tried to compare I wasn't confident that the small variances I saw would be only attributed to the bandage and not the wound. I guess I'll try and shatter a leg twice and compare that, I don't care if "can't do anything" for a few days.

Comment

I always considered having to lay up for a couple of days to recover from sever injuries as a role playing side effect of my characters choice to do risky things.

But yeah magic, lets do magic.

Comment

Have returned after about 8 months or so away, I've noticed similar things mentioned in this thread. But the two I always come back to are the wait times to do activities. It can take an hour to get to a hunting area and an hour to get back, not even counting the time it takes to get there. 15 minute rides on a boat that you may have to wait 30 minutes to return makes me not want to go explore.

Then there's the jail times that I think need to be revamped. Given the small player base, putting someone in jail for a week RT can be a pretty devastating blow. I get it, people have to be punished for being "bad" but at the same time there is no possibility of interaction from a cell with the rest of the gameworld. I'd love to see the jail times reevaluated, the times reduced, and maybe people being allowed to fight in their cells. Too often I think we strive for making the game "real" but it does contribute to making people not want to play.
          <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
          Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

I like the suggestions. New areas, skills, and in particular more customization options that require work instead of rolepoints.

Comment

Originally posted by Druceo View Post
              New areas
              You know that is exactly what we need...

Well no, its not what we need.. We don't need more below average and boring areas.. what we need is for the areas we have to be revamped and once again become relevant. Or perhaps expanded on... An addition/progress in Franlius for example.

Comment

We need fewer areas, a global invasion/disaster wiping out large chunks of the gameworld and having those areas replaced with others that are slightly closer would be much better.

Comment

Ah, very true. I still think new would be good, but revamping areas and packing people closer together so we actually see people would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by raven3517

Legio could get nervous about the direction the war is taking. Shut down the ship to Fran, have the PG close the checkpoint in Vet. Bribe the ferry captain to close the route to Monlon. Tighten up and hunker down for a few (IG) years until we're ready for a major push (like the Battle of Monlon). Tweak the pricing on the loot from bandits and other npcs that can be hunted in/close to town. Could totally be an event series.

There are tons of unused or under-used hunting areas inside the city so it would be sustainable. Encourage people to spend more time RPing while hunting, like the days of old when 3-5 people would camp each cross-section of the alleys and shoot the breeze while bashing a brute or three.
                    Not everyone plays this game to socialize. Closing off major parts of the game world wouldn't help bring people together. Your example, the alleys, was from a time when loot there was actually worth standing around for and there were significantly more players. The spots in the rat pits were constantly fought over, as well as a few places in the dumps. There was also an almost constant crowd sparring when there was still benefit to it. That one change probably did the most for scattering combat characters.

I've put in several detailed suggestions about hunting ground revamp to no avail. There are a couple of places very near to the city that could be made into excellent grounds by moving NPCs who already exist into the area. One in particular is one of the absolute best layouts of anything IG and has probably the worst AI that exists. I only know of two or three characters besides mine who even know how to get into the place if that's any idea to how frequently it is used. Changing sparring back to be beneficial would also bring a resurgence of people together in one place. It was the most IC way for characters to train (because killing 100000 bandits is realistic) and scripting only got worse after the changes.

Comment

Long for the glory days? Bring back being able to grab fumbled weapons. I had a blast doing that in the alleys. Stand there and watch, they fumble, take weapon, grab lantern, extinguish, escape.
                      <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                      Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

I am curious of the secret hunting ground! LOL with retard AI!

Comment

Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                          Long for the glory days? Bring back being able to grab fumbled weapons. I had a blast doing that in the alleys. Stand there and watch, they fumble, take weapon, grab lantern, extinguish, escape.
                          It was more fun doing that in Ledas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjel View Post
                            Bring back the days when crit killing a thief actually killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fids View Post
                              So many lessons learned upon my return to the game...

I started a new character and tried to interact with the gameworld as any newcomer would. I never asked for a handout, earned everything I gathered on my own, learned a new combat style, and explored new regions of the world. In a sentence; It was extremely difficult! My only saving grace was playing a very extroverted and somewhat annoyingly, bubbly character, known as Klarissa, which a few people seemed to like enough to let tag along with them.

Getting started was an absolute nightmare. Making enough money to buy anything of use was very difficult. The old days of picking up the scraps from the dead in the alleys are long gone. I made my first talent, diving for mussels, and clams, and finding several pearls. The hours spent healing from being bashed on the rocks were more than a little annoying. I did the daily grind of the island, the sewer, the dumps, training courses and eventually graduated into the ludus. To call it a grind does not do it justice. It was brutal. My second saving grace was the knowledge that a lorica was literally worth it's weight in gold and it kept me protected enough to avoid any serious injuries early on. I saved all that I had and bought one on the cheap (2 talents, I think?) from a kind soul. I selftrained the vast majority of my skills, because it was all but impossible to find lessons with the low player count and high cost of training from the NPCs. It was really surprising to see how unwilling the majority of the playerbase was to offer training to a newer player. I felt like I was bothering people when I asked for lessons. In an act of desperation I ended up openly asking over thoughts for lessons and rarely got a response.

Now to the weapon system that I attempted. I have always been a huge fan of the spear skillset. I tried to put together a hoplite fighting style using the new (new to me) options available for the spear set. All I can say is, What the f*@#?? I have never been more frustrated/bored with a weapon skill in this game. stab, jab, parting jab, bash, upward bash, edge bash, shield push, thrust, stepping stab, feint. That was a pretty standard attack rotation. It was completely uninteresting and ridiculously easy to defend against. Couldn't we at least get a couple of attacks like the Pardelian skillset? Something that only works with a large shield and spear, maybe? How about a one handed block? I cannot imagine how this could ever become effective without adding brawling and even then, it would be near impossible to take out anyone with skill. But, I digress...

Franlius is a cool addition, aside from the boat ride. Please stop with the long caravans and float trips. Would it really kill any of us to suspend reality and have a brief ride? I was hoping to rank up my character a bit more to really get to explore Franlius, but had an unfortunate caravan run and have decided to end Klarissa, I will get to that later... Quartz Heights is fantastic. It makes getting high quality weapons and armor a possibilty for a new character. I spent a couple of hours wandering, completely lost, and didn't have to worry about stumbling into a dangerous area. The variety of shops, and rotating inventories of unique and affordable items is greatly appreciated. Well done GMs.

With that, I am sad to say I have ended my experiment with Klarissa and will be wandering the game with a new face and high hopes for continued enjoyment of a game that I have loved for many years. It is good to be back and I will see you in there!
                              A few kudos that are well deserved. Herian, Grideon, Xene, Kered, Kierstaad, Kella, Synodia(I still cant help but want to stab you in the face...), Tolotec. There are several others, but those stand out in my mind. Well played.

Name: Klarissa Dourne Homeland : Aestiva
                              Marital Status: Single
                              Citizenship Status: Foreigner
                              Popularity: 0

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5' 11" Weight: 168 lbs. Handed: Left
                              Eyes: dark brown Hair: sienna Complexion: tan

Health Points: 0/125 Fatigue: 0% State: dead

Load: 0 lbs.
                              Encumbrance: You are bearing no load to speak of.

Position: laying

Attributes:
                              Agility: fairly good Appearance: slightly above average
                              Charisma: slightly above average Dexterity: slightly above average
                              Empathy: slightly above average Endurance: above average
                              Judgement: average Memory: average
                              Perception: good Reasoning: average
                              Speed: average Strength: average
                              Willpower: good

Skills/Actions Rank Rank Bonus Skill Points
                              ----------------------- ----------------------- ---------- ------------
                              Shields 51 outstanding 90 6.84

Shield Upward Bash 26 familiar 0
                              Shield Bash 22 familiar 0
                              Shield Simple Block 49 capable 156
                              Shield Overhead Block 35 learned 120
                              Shield Low Block 40 capable 102
                              Shield Cross Block 30 learned 115
                              Shield Push Back 10 practiced 0
                              Shield Edge Bash 36 learned 0

Spears 50 outstanding 90 18.51

Spear Stab 50 outstanding 0
                              Spear Jab 50 outstanding 0
                              Spear Overhead Thrust 50 outstanding 0
                              Spear Parting Jab 46 capable 0
                              Spear Slash 1 novice 0
                              Spear Butt Smash 1 novice 0
                              Spear Stepping Stab 14 practiced 0
                              Spears Aestivan Hoplite S20 familiar 0
                              Spear Parting Slash 1 novice 0

Combat Maneuvers 20 familiar 50 7.85

Killing Blow 1 novice 0
                              Recovery 10 practiced 0
                              Duck 1 novice 40
                              Jump 10 practiced 55
                              Swaying Dodge 5 novice 40
                              Sidestep 2 novice 43
                              dude your stats suck so bad, i wouldn't play that character if you paid me.

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post

dude your stats suck so bad, i wouldn't play that character if you paid me.
                                This is a little random, although trying to go straight for hoplite on a new character is a bit crazy. I would personally learn Spears/CMs well enough to get into the hunting grounds where coin is a little easier and then start saving for shields and brawling..

There are smarter ways of doing things, I have never refused anyone ingame that is new or even not new.. lessons.
                                Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Working...
                                X