Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

Banned player.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned player.

This thread is about an old player named TMD. He used to play two fairly well known characters named Aernus and Occulo.
    This players IP has been banned and the GM's refuse to let him play. Very few people hated this guys characters more than me, but at the same time he added a lot to the game.
    I think he should be let back into the game world, what do you guys think?
    Yes let him play !
    42.50%
    Hell no!
    57.50%

The poll is expired.

I too played with Aernus many years ago. And for the record Aernus was involved in a mugging of a character of mine's so yeah, I hated him. Whether or not that's "good RP" is moot. Whether or not people hated him is also moot -- People definitely hated Occulo.

Davis is obviously still playing otherwise he wouldn't give an explitive. My namesake account has been banned for years and yeah, I'm still playing. We toss around the term "elastic-banned" like a funny joke ignoring the fact that we are breaking the rules as set by the DM's. But you know as they know that we made and me make the game what it is and TEC would be lessened without us.

So I think the question should not be whether or not Taylor Morris Davis should be singled out so easily, but rather what we banned players have to do to redeem ourselves. Aernus is long forgotten in the gameworld. Our stories are as dead as the characters involved. How much good roleplaying do we have to put in, how much do we have to contribute to *other* people's storyarcs before we can redeem our own?
    Last edited by xiaozh; 02-06-2016, 01:46 AM. Reason: Changed GM to DM to emphasize their specific role in the game.
    Signature.

Comment

The quality of the character would not result in someone being banned. The quality of the person would, and his or her lack of ability to follow the rules set forth. If someone gets themselves ip banned, they broke some pretty serious rules, probably cheating, I personally don't want any cheaters in my games, multiplayer or otherwise.

If you want a cheater back, just for more people to play with... just remember what cheaters do in every other game... they ruin it for everyone else. (single player games are your business to cheat in).

Also, polls have never, nor will ever, result in anyone being unbanned, as we are not all aware of the details of why someone is banned in the first place, but just in case, I encourage everyone to vote no to unbanning cheaters.

Comment

The player was an jerk. I enjoyed his characters though...BUT from my experience....

Everytime I was banned it was for a good reason. One time I was abusing mechanics. Another time I was banned for over a year or two for trash talking the staff and whatnot.

....So there is probably a decent reason he was banned. As you can tell, I've been back now. I think if he is truly sorry for what he has done then he perhaps email Sceadu and work it out. That worked atleast in my experience. I think everyone enjoys that I was allowed to come back.
        TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
        Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
        Originally posted by Bucaria
        The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

I was sort of hoping this would be an Eddy thread.

Comment

It's been long enough. If he wants another chance, I say give him one.
            Don't tread on me.

Comment

Due to the reason he was banned, I doubt he would ever be unbanned, and I seriously doubt he'd even want to come back.

People saying they "don't want cheaters in this game...because cheaters ruin games" is pretty laughworthy though. I was IG with Hurrok for a grand total of two hours before seeing the same 4 people with outrageously-ranked characters from botting the vale still around.

I then lipread two people seriously shit-talking another player and their character in whispered brackets, and then respond to those whispers IC'ly.

I then saw someone walk into the bank, drop a sack of money, sleep, have their friend pick up the money, deposit it, then pay their alt that money.

And no, I really don't give a crap enough to report it considering I have unanswered questions going back to the time I played Thryn. After you report someone for botting nine times and nothing changes, you kinda just give up. If GMs really wanted to crack down on cheating, this game would have a grand total of three people. What they don't want is personal attacks on the staff members in and out of the game.

Comment

if they don't want to crack down on cheaters, doesn't change the fact that I'd like them to crack down on cheaters.

Comment

Is this the new lol thread?

Comment

Free Eddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Powers View Post
                      Due to the reason he was banned, I doubt he would ever be unbanned, and I seriously doubt he'd even want to come back.

People saying they "don't want cheaters in this game...because cheaters ruin games" is pretty laughworthy though. I was IG with Hurrok for a grand total of two hours before seeing the same 4 people with outrageously-ranked characters from botting the vale still around.

I then lipread two people seriously shit-talking another player and their character in whispered brackets, and then respond to those whispers IC'ly.

I then saw someone walk into the bank, drop a sack of money, sleep, have their friend pick up the money, deposit it, then pay their alt that money.

And no, I really don't give a crap enough to report it considering I have unanswered questions going back to the time I played Thryn. After you report someone for botting nine times and nothing changes, you kinda just give up. If GMs really wanted to crack down on cheating, this game would have a grand total of three people. What they don't want is personal attacks on the staff members in and out of the game.
                      That's basically why I left, people have practically publicly cheated for years and they were still free to roam the gameworld. I hop on an hour or so a month and it seems basically the same as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by NewPatriot View Post
                        I was sort of hoping this would be an Eddy thread.
                        Free Eddy.
                        [OOC Page] from Juliee: "I dreamed about Aratan last night. It was the most dull dream ever"

Comment

hello TEC,

I still love you.

~Jere~
                          "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I will kill you all."

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Tale responds from afar, "You have, right now, more unspent sp than I've ever accumilated with characters I've actually played with total, in almost 14 years."

Comment

Originally posted by rebel69s View Post
                            hello TEC,

I still love you.

~Jere~

Whats crackin' mate.

Just saw your quote, got the opportunity to sit through a JNCO's lecture from Mattis

Comment

Is this a grats thread..then grats
                              "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Working...
                              X