Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to make a alt for a new storyline.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to make a alt for a new storyline.

Anyone got any storylines going on that I could get in on ?

I have a character that is a cineran, and plans to overthrow the Legion from within, by finding other cinerans, who will join the legion, then in one day, we will overthrow the fort, and hopefully I am going to see if the GMs

will give us our RPs spent, and some ranks back, so we don't lose everything for this roleplay, maybe 75% ranks back?

So our characters will die in this roleplay, but we can get some newbs, with ranks back... and RP spent back...

if we roleplay it well and make an event fun for others to come with their weapons and take us out...

Comment

cinerans that join the legion, then overthrow it from within, like sabatoge, muwahahahahah!

Comment

Originally posted by yezrah7 View Post
        and hopefully I am going to see if the GMs will give us our RPs spent, and some ranks back, so we don't lose everything for this roleplay, maybe 75% ranks back?
        So our characters will die in this roleplay, but we can get some newbs, with ranks back... and RP spent back...
        You've posted similar things a few times, so I just wanted to clear up that this type of thing does not happen. That is what the VetChar system is for. It encourages you to put your characters in RP situations they might not otherwise choose (becoming a traitor/heretic/spur a gang war/kidnap a Senator/etc.) because of the risk of losing that character.

If you DO lose a character through RP choices, generally you are awarded one of these VetChar packages. The level is dependent upon the age of the character (and potentially other factors, I don't recall 100%). They come with different amounts of SP, money, credits to spend in the VetChar lobby, etc.

It's probably not a great idea to try and convince a bunch of newcomers that you're going to get them their ranks back if they join you in your RP, however. Primrose path, and all that.
        Last edited by raven3517; 07-15-2017, 05:58 AM.
        Top Mud Sites - http://bit.ly/VoteTEC
        Mud Connector - http://bit.ly/TECMudCon
        Vote daily!

Comment

Raven i don't care about the current gay system, I am requesting a better more elite one for roleplay purposes, and not losing time and energy; for my role-playing costs, which benefit the gameworld.

Comment

Raven i don't care about the current gay system, I am requesting a better more elite one for roleplay purposes, and not losing time and energy; for my role-playing costs, which benefit the gameworld.
            Raven3517 has played a long time and is trying to be helpful to you by sharing the current system we have in place, so you don't get disappointed if things don't go your way. Please don't be rude (including using "gay" as a pejorative).

Comment

I've also been playing a long time, and have told this person this same thing in his other thread requesting this change.

Let me add the why to it this time perhaps.
              Actions have consequences, if your actions lead to the death of the character, that is a consequence. It is your choice to play the bad guy, not the gms choice to make you play the bad guy. If you do not want to risk a loss, do not engage in actions that will take away from you. If you want to play dirty, play as an npc, last I knew, they can't learn anything, so you spend a few role points, get a character that you can fart around with, and when you finally get killed off, you lose nothing.

If you want to have a normal character, you take the normal risks. A lot of people are willing to make allowances for npc characters that are not inherently evil, like sailors, or urchins, and even will help you get to things that you wish to do, and then with say, a sailor, you can do most things, other than join guilds, and then stab people in the back. And when you die, you only lost time, not skill or stats.

Comment

Sorry but neither of your ideas are ever going to happen. Both your roleplay idea and the "getting rps and ranks back" idea are in the realm of ridiculous expectations, and you should start listening to the people who are trying to explain to you what -can- be done in this game.

Comment

Sounds too scripted for my liking TeC always been about that improv rp i need to start playing again.
                  ~Thoric Goodfellow~
                  ~Soric Goodfellow~

Comment

Yezrah's idea isn't that ridiculous. If you'll recall the "Varus, give me back my legions" story in Roman history, Arminius was German-born and ended up commanding and betraying the Legion to titanic effect. I wouldn't broadcast my intention on a public forum though.
                    Signature.

Comment

It's actually not about the quality of the story he wants to create - in fact I applaud that kind of creativity and myself wish it would be possible to do similar stuff. I'm simply trying to make it clear how impossible certain things are. In almost all cases, if player-initiated roleplay requires a mechanical change or rule change of any kind that in any way affects others, it simply will never happen. If you're able to carry out the story using only PC characters (including throwaway characters), then yes, of course it'll be possible and almost all players will allow some indulgences for the sake of roleplay fun. The key there is that we call them throwaway characters, because you will literally be throwing them away and get zero in return for it, save for the outcome of the event itself and any Vet Char package that the char might warrant if it's killed.

Event requests by Players for GM support that are highly unlikely to ever happen:
                      Robbing the bank
                      Overthrowing the Legion, constables, government, etc,
                      Creating a sailing ship for you to go on explorations

Ones that might happen:
                      Your heretic would like to meet with an underground cultist to gain knowledge of <insert God> and learn non-mechanical rituals you can later emote for roleplay
                      Your legionnaire would like to lead a excursion into rock valley to purge the woods of malicious barbarians and you'd like the GMS to control a barbarian chieftan during the combat
                      Your scholar spies on a patrician while pretending to offer services, then sends damning information to a rival patrician family in hopes to secure a secret meeting with a high ranking official

If it's just a GM playing a single character for a bit and roleplaying, odds are good. If it's a very big deal that can have game-changing effects, it wont happen. Also the only way the GM's reward people for putting that kind of effort into roleplay isn't by giving back ranks or whatever (aside from vet char packages) - they give RP's or BP's

Comment

Ok then, I have an idea... instead of re-paying me rps for this character who i am creating to Role-play to death...

Can I atleast get a promise that when I go to court, to be tried... rather than beheading I could become a slave to a patrician, and live on?

Comment

Well, that's not "to death" now is it?

Comment

Ok then, I have an idea... instead of re-paying me rps for this character who i am creating to Role-play to death...

Can I atleast get a promise that when I go to court, to be tried... rather than beheading I could become a slave to a patrician, and live on?
                            This actually is fairly likely to work depending on what it is you do. If you go heretic, death is assured either through execution or being forced to fight in the arena until death during a games event

It's not unrealistic for either a patrician or Org head to acquire ownership of a slave this way, but you have to truly dedicate to continuing the role as more often then not once someone gets made a slave they just never log in again or delete anyway. Your restrictions as a slave are dependent on who owns you - gladiator slaves for instance cannot leave the colosseum. I've seen other slaves simply become personal servants and get food/carry things/do small tasks for their owner. Regardless of which though, your social status will mean you likely wont want to try to give your opinion IG on just about anything as it'll likely lead to repercussions (think the scene in gladiator "Slave! how dare you turn your back on me!", but this way with just about everyone but unknown foreigners.

This however is truly a great way to actually "role-play" and in my opinion can open up opportunities for @kudos awards from other players if you truly play the part of the slave to the best of your ability. The opportunity for role-play is also why the patricians/GM's tend to want to lean this way for convicted criminals who haven't committed treason/heresy/murder of non foreigners. I believe in the past it was always up to the justice in charge of the trial as to the punishment, but I've no idea if any justices are active so it may be a GM decision.

Comment

No. 123456

Comment

Working...
                              X