Announcement

Collapse

Downtime Report: Wednesday Night

We had an abrupt and unannounced downtime for all games and services starting sometime after 9pm PT on Wednesday evening. This was due to a massive power outage at our cloud computing facility of the sort that redundant systems are supposed to ensure never happen. After about an hour they were able to diagnose that the power was out. It took a few more hours for them to start restoring service.

At this moment, everything is back up except for Ironclaw and TEC. At the rate they're restoring things, I hope those will be back up in the next 15-30 minutes, but it's entirely in their hands.

As is typically the case with a sudden reboot, TEC and GR have to be rolled back. This is already done with GR. The TEC rollback should be just a few hours due to the more recent backups recently instituted, but I need to get the machine back before I can verify that.

Update: Ironclaw and TEC are now back too. The TEC rollback was 2.5 hours, from 9.30pm PT (when everything crashed) to 7.00 pm PT.
See more
See less

What's Shaking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Shaking?

I have played on and off since the year 2000. Character names don't matter.

I haven't -really- played since about 2012, at least not a well-rounded character since then. I've played a few one-person TEC-type characters, but none that I've really developed. It's been a couple of years since I've even done that at this point. Haven't used the forums in... I honestly don't remember the last time I've done more than skim them.

I'm feeling the pull again. Is there any point to it? I don't suppose anyone has a story line they are working on that could use another character?

I see they have developed a new client, which is great (if it functions well) and there are still some events happening.

I have GoogleTalk - tmitchmcdermid@gmail.com; also have Skype, but will only give that out via PM, as I also use that particular account for my work.

The TEC community was my family for a long time. If nothing else, I hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome back, PM me if you're interested in a life of crime.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi
      figures that those who want to do criminal stuff, want to arrange things ooc, and oog...
      Let's not turn this into one of those threads, please.

I don't suppose you have some sort of a story line you're working that could use another character?

I don't need/want tons of details. Generalities will do. Trying to get some creative sparks flying so I can -really- play if I should decide to do so again.

Is there still any RP going on? That's what I want. Something to really use my imagination, get away from some of the mundane real-life crap that we all face, if only for a half an hour or so on occasion.

Thanks for taking the time to read my initial post and respond in some form, though. I'd just rather keep things positive, if we can.

Comment

Nah, I don't really play that kind of game, but there's lots of in game stuff that more people could get involved in, that doesn't require pre-meditation... just jump in and ask around, or listen, stuff pops up often. Make some friends, be somebody. Even if that someone becomes the villain.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
          Nah, I don't really play that kind of game, but there's lots of in game stuff that more people could get involved in, that doesn't require pre-meditation... just jump in and ask around, or listen, stuff pops up often. Make some friends, be somebody. Even if that someone becomes the villain.
          Thanks for the serious response. I appreciate it.

Comment

As I told The_thief, I should have posted some time ago. Really, just putting down firmly what I want to do has helped spark my imagination.

I've come up with a new backstory for a character. Aside from what I think is a solid backstory, I agree w/your opinion of no premeditation; I don't want to step on anyone's style or any of their characters' history. But I have an idea of who I'd like my character to be when they first arrive to The Eternal City, at any rate.

I hope there is enough left to sink this into. Will have fun finding out, I guess.

Comment

As long as you're not arriving fresh off the boat, and calling yourself a prince of Remath, should be fine... if it fits the game.

Comment

As long as you're not arriving fresh off the boat, and calling yourself a prince of Remath, should be fine... if it fits the game.
                Well there goes that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by tmmcd View Post

Well there goes that idea.
                  Yeah, I already took that one. Long lost brother come to kill me for the future throne?

Comment

Hey, do it if you want, but might want to research Remath first, and know what a prince should do (if a prince is even possible) I was making an eggarated joke.

Comment

Hey, do it if you want, but might want to research Remath first, and know what a prince should do (if a prince is even possible) I was making an eggarated joke.
                      I was joking too. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post

Yeah, I already took that one. Long lost brother come to kill me for the future throne?
                        In proper soap opera style, long lost twin brother who you didn't realize existed until 3 seconds ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X