Well, bye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, bye

First of all, sorry for the mishap IG today. I was horribly confused and was misinformed by IC means and now realize how that happened. Should have been paying better attention.

Moving on, I logged off for a moment, took a step back, and said "Enough." I'm out and will hopefully create some permanence this time by deleting my account. I haven't been having much fun and realized that I'm soaking up minutes and hours blindly just training and really don't have the time for much else. Have fun in there and take care.
    Nothing much to say.

It's never fun to say goodbye to a player, no matter what the situation is. But you gotta do what you gotta do in the end. Good luck with whatever you decide to fill the time with. I'm not sure we ever found ourselves in the same room IG, buut.. you will be missed regardless to the additions you made in the game world and whatever stories you worked on.

Comment

Super sad to read this. I have found that I have been enjoying the game a bunch more now that I have created the time to get out and try to RP with more people. Even those who I am pretty sure will possibly just shrug at me and head back out to grinding SP's somewhere. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, right?

I hope you take another moment to look at things and maybe find some balance. If you need to step away go for it! This should be a place of fun and good times. Good luck either direction you take.

TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
      "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
      "Shiloboy wins.
      Fatality.
      Keep up the good work."

Comment

We spoke previous, if you are looking for "something different" the Traevant is there
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

As requested by a few, let me expand on why I decided to go cold turkey on this game. The reasons I played and continued to try throughout the years, were a combination of incredible lore, a Romanesque setting with excellent storytelling opportunities, and a second-to-none combat system. This latest iteration of my engagement has found the later to be the dominant benefit, with the other two moving in directions I did not enjoy.

I had hoped to see better responsiveness to the traditions of the Republic and Midlight, as well as the development of incredible storytelling opportunities such as the Undone, other nations, and, my sticking point, politics opening to the player base in some capacity. The combat side, including amazing dungeons and AI tweaks by Tale et al., carried the day for me as the other portions of the game I wanted to see were not developing. Item generation (incredible and well executed as it is), even, seemed to support this trend and offer a superficial chance to display personality through armor or clothing rather than stories to display character. However, there is only so far another dungeon, another hunting ground, or another enemy could take me, and I found myself logging in, with little time, and unable to enjoy even these experiences. I logged in yesterday, had an epiphany, looking at an unfinished research article I am writing, and said, "Done." That was that.

I know this reflects the feelings of some players, but not all, and I would hope that those voices would be heard and accommodated for the benefit and enjoyment of all. For me, that's story, a world with accessible, consistent, and incredible lore, and a chance to truly make a mark on it all. Since it is not moving in the direction I feel I can engage in those stories and ground my characters in something meaningful and "bigger than them", how I interpret fun in a MUD, it's time to go. I hope everyone here enjoys their experiences and time in the game and finds new roads and adventures to partake in.

Truly, my best to you all and many thanks for years, off and on, of stories.

Nothing much to say.

Comment

Not sure we ever interacted but always sad to see a player leave. Go out there and enjoy RL, so much lore,history,fun to be had! Make your mark!
            TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
            Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
            Originally posted by Bucaria
            The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Working...
            X