Announcement

Collapse

Downtime Report: Wednesday Night

We had an abrupt and unannounced downtime for all games and services starting sometime after 9pm PT on Wednesday evening. This was due to a massive power outage at our cloud computing facility of the sort that redundant systems are supposed to ensure never happen. After about an hour they were able to diagnose that the power was out. It took a few more hours for them to start restoring service.

At this moment, everything is back up except for Ironclaw and TEC. At the rate they're restoring things, I hope those will be back up in the next 15-30 minutes, but it's entirely in their hands.

As is typically the case with a sudden reboot, TEC and GR have to be rolled back. This is already done with GR. The TEC rollback should be just a few hours due to the more recent backups recently instituted, but I need to get the machine back before I can verify that.

Update: Ironclaw and TEC are now back too. The TEC rollback was 2.5 hours, from 9.30pm PT (when everything crashed) to 7.00 pm PT.
See more
See less

Hiatus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiatus

To anyone who is waiting on paintings from Yeara or RP from my other two toons I didn't disappear on you.

I just deployed to middle east and they sent me to wrong base so I'm stuck in transit for who knows how long and haven't settled. When I'm back where I'm supposed to be I'll be able to log in more often.

What branch?

The Eternal City: Screenshots
    Facebook

Comment

Prior Army but Iím contractor now for Army.

Comment

Ah. Contractor gig probably isn't too bad... but probably sucked to be in the Army. I've got 14.5 years in the AF. Riding it out until I get to 20.

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Metharus View Post
          Ah. Contractor gig probably isn't too bad... but probably sucked to be in the Army. I've got 14.5 years in the AF. Riding it out until I get to 20.
          Least he's in a real branch. Though I agree. Army does suck.

#GoNavy

Comment

We all know the Army and Marines do all the real work. We also know the Marines are all crayon eaters. So it must be that the Army is the best.
            Originally posted by Dyro
            Good RP is consistency.
            Originally posted by Cloudy
            Shiloboy wins.
            Fatality.
            Keep up the good work.

Comment

Only time I was ever issued knee pads is when I did an Individual Augmentation for an Army Unit to Afghanistan. Just saying.

Also, the only time I've ever seen a XXXL OCP uniform top was army issued on an Army reserve unit that came in, and that guy wasn't breaking any body building records ;p

Comment

"When Army Strong isn't strong enough, Go Navy!"

Comment

Originally posted by VBaehr View Post

Least he's in a real branch. Though I agree. Army does suck.

#GoNavy
                  When I read the first part, I was expecting you to be either Army or Marines... but Navy? And you're criticizing the Air Force? Hahaha.

The reality of it is, everyone wishes they joined the AF. Army and Marines sleeping in holes in the ground, Navy sharing their beds or whatever the hell you call them... and we're in hotels complaining that the internet is too slow. And the best part? We get paid the same! Smarter, not harder. But hey, there's perks to being the deadliest force the planet has ever known.

Facebook

Comment

When I read the first part, I was expecting you to be either Army or Marines... but Navy? And you're criticizing the Air Force? Hahaha.

The reality of it is, everyone wishes they joined the AF. Army and Marines sleeping in holes in the ground, Navy sharing their beds or whatever the hell you call them... and we're in hotels complaining that the internet is too slow. And the best part? We get paid the same! Smarter, not harder. But hey, there's perks to being the deadliest force the planet has ever known.
                    I just wanted to go to a place that had all of the planes. Navy's airforce is nearly double that of the Air Force's air presence.

And maaaaaaaaaaybe I did go to the AF recruiter but they weren't there and the Navy guy was. Maybe that did happen. You wanna fight about it? ha.

Comment

Originally posted by VBaehr View Post

I just wanted to go to a place that had all of the planes. Navy's airforce is nearly double that of the Air Force's air presence.

And maaaaaaaaaaybe I did go to the AF recruiter but they weren't there and the Navy guy was. Maybe that did happen. You wanna fight about it? ha.
                      You're going to have to come up with some sources with a claim like that... I find it hard to believe that carrier based aircraft double the presence of USAF aircraft on bases all over the world.

And a little patience goes a long way... the AF recruiter was probably taking his hour long lunch break or teleworking from home. Haha.

Facebook

Comment

You're going to have to come up with some sources with a claim like that... I find it hard to believe that carrier based aircraft double the presence of USAF aircraft on bases all over the world.

And a little patience goes a long way... the AF recruiter was probably taking his hour long lunch break or teleworking from home. Haha.
                        You know damn well that I will not come up with anything that resembles credible facts in a debate among branches of service. I will just say it was the words always told to me by superiors and the Smoke deck mafia.

I deal with the debate almost daily since I'm an air Traffic controller, and was a Navy air traffic controller. My two radar trainers at my current airport are both former Air force. So I was given shovels full of sh*t during training because I was former navy.

Comment

When people ask me about joining the Army I say the same thing now. I joined the Army because of family history, but there are plenty of epic MOS that you can pick up and learn while in the service and get out with some actual skills. No one looks twice at a grunt with 10 years experience rucking but my Navy pal with engineer exp with nuclear training picked up a job for just under 6 figures before he ever finished college.

Service is service. Might as well get some training in something that translates to the civilian world when you are done.
                          Originally posted by Dyro
                          Good RP is consistency.
                          Originally posted by Cloudy
                          Shiloboy wins.
                          Fatality.
                          Keep up the good work.

Comment

Nice. Same here! Hit 15 years July 29th. We may have been in BMT at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikestr28 View Post

Nice. Same here! Hit 15 years July 29th. We may have been in BMT at the same time.
                              I will hit 15 in December. You got me by a few months. Where are you stationed?

Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X