No announcement yet.

My friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After hearing this news on waking up I was too shocked and upset to write what I wanted to write. It hit me pretty hard. But I owe her a response rather than just a series of expletives. So here goes.

Amy was the kind of person who was always there for you, and was supportive through thick and thin. She didn't judge and always did her best to treat people with more kindness than they ever deserved. Amy often joked about her condition, but this was a coping mechanism. It's often easier to joke about these things and make light of them. She didn't want others to know how much she was really suffering. Amy had the biggest heart and was always there for others, just trying to add a little brightness to this horribly dark world.

She helped me through so much when I was diagnosed and I'm going to miss her immensely.

Comment

I was at work today when a mutual friend told me. I did my own version of "screaming at the waves" by going into my storeroom and throwing some things around. I knew Amy to be kind, generous and wonderfully creative. Her quirky sense of humor never failed to make me laugh and I will always be grateful to have known her. She inspired me and I'm sure the same can be said for others. A truly beautiful person whose influence cannot be measured and whose presence will be missed in so many ways.
      This isn't a bakery. We aren't gonna sugar coat sh*t for you.

Tell a lie often enough and with enough conviction, it will become truth to all who hear, and say, it.

Comment

I didn't know her outside of the game, but she was an amazing person IG. I'm so happy to know I have several things with her tailor mark on it, that I will now treasure forever. She will be missed.

Comment

It shows how significant she and her characters were to us when one thinks of how many people it would take to even come close to filling the hole she has left in our little world,

TEC without her will feel like Iridine without the Stone Toga Inn.

I hope her family and friends are doing well, and that they know strangers across the globe are grieving with them.

Comment

I wasn't nearly as close with Amy or her characters as many others were. However, we did interact enough for me to know that she was sick and even in hospital a couple of times we'd interacted. I was struck by her inner strength and her grace both of those times. I hope I display a fraction of such grace if I should ever go through something like this. She was a truly admirable woman.

With that said, and based on just a few interactions, I feel I can say that she would not want us to go about feeling sad, even though it will obviously be impossible not to for a time. She seemed much more the sort to chin up and spread the love and positivity. To honor her memory, I intend to do my best to do just that.

I will definitely miss hearing Zea's thoughts IG and am saddened that I didn't get to know such a lovely person better when I could have.

Comment

condolences to those who loved her.

Comment

Ereals flaming goats will always make me laugh
                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

The last weekend she played, she and I were standing in the Vestis, she'd brought some stuff to me, I wasn't sure why. We stood there silently for awhile, and I whispered to her Are you okay? She replied, I'm just very very tired. Shortly after she said she had to rest, but I know that all she meant to us and our TEC community was felt by her about us. She wanted to be a part of us til she just couldn't do it anymore. What a strong wonderful person, I will miss her every day.

Comment

One of the things that stands out to me is how she was saying "When I get to making flawless lockpicks they won't be free." That speaks to her enthusiasm and positive nature. She will be missed.
                    Originally posted by Arconn9
                    First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

I sadly had to deal with my father's passing her last weekend and after was having a hard time finding Ulath, upon hearing the news I logged in and looked at the garden we always stayed in and sitting on my bench was a star and shaped lantern.

Ulath always called Ladona his star who leads him to light when life gets dark.
                      Bring it on you lovers of flame it turns my crank.

Slave to RP.

We believe in euthanasia here in TEC. We'll kill you any time, just ask.-Tale

Comment

Im gonna miss her. I wasn't close throughout my tec time but when we did speak she was the best.
                        Themis attempts to strike with her fine pine quarterstave but strikes a nearby wall instead!
                        You exclaim to Themis, "Wall banger!"

Lang may yer lum reek!
                        We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns!

Comment

This only happened once before, when roaming the woods with Lantar and then...he wasn't there any more. Rulio and Ladona go back quite a bit. I always enjoyed her...so much. I am a bit of a loner in the game admittedly, but always had a friend in Ladona. Even figuring out quite easily through her mannerisms Zea was Ladonna...see you one day in your red heels!

Comment

I'm still so incredibly sad. I have a hard time actually believing this is a thing that happened. It's literally incredible to me.
                            Melina sweetly quips to you, "Death is just way too much sleep."

Comment

Working...
                            X