Announcement

Collapse

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
See more
See less

Vasheron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasheron

In defense of Seneda's Bank from the Ooze Invasion of YOTR 288

=[Character Sheet for Vasheron]===============================================

Character Background

Name: Vasheron Piguet Homeland : Republic
    Marital Status: Single
    Citizenship Status: Iridine Social Standing: Head Count
    Popularity: 0

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5' 10" Weight: 137 lbs. Handed: Right
    Eyes: hazel Hair: walnut brown Complexion: pale olive

Health Points: 0/121 Fatigue: 0% State: dead

Load: 0 lbs.
    Encumbrance: You are bearing no load to speak of.

Position: laying

Attributes:
    Agility: abysmal Appearance: slightly above average
    Charisma: slightly above average Dexterity: incredible
    Empathy: extraordinary Endurance: above average
    Judgement: good Memory: great
    Perception: outstanding Reasoning: great
    Speed: abysmal Strength: slightly above average
    Willpower: good

To see a list of skills and actions your character knows, type: skills
    You are currently laying. Stats are shown in real time. Stand up to see your
    maximum stats.
    ================================================== ============================
    skills
    =[Skills and Actions:]================================================== ======

Skills/Actions Rank Rank Bonus Skill Points
    ----------------------- ----------------------- ---------- ------------
    Staves 100 grand master 115 262.27

Staves Altene Skirmish St100 grand master 0
    Staves End Jab 10 practiced 0
    Staves Parting Jab 10 practiced 0
    Staves Parting Swat 10 practiced 0
    Staves Simple Block 10 practiced 116
    Staves Simple Strike 10 practiced 0
    Staves Swat 10 practiced 0
    Staves Crossblock 10 practiced 87
    Staves Defensive Sweep 10 practiced 0
    Staves Feint 10 practiced 0
    Staves Leg Sweep 10 practiced 0
    Staves Overhead Block 10 practiced 87
    Staves Parting Smash 10 practiced 0
    Staves Pivot Smash 10 practiced 0
    Staves Side Strike 10 practiced 0
    Staves Snap Strike 65 expert 0
    Staves Stepping Spin 10 practiced 0
    Staves Longarm Strike 10 practiced 0
    Staves Whirling Block 11 practiced 60

Combat Maneuvers 100 grand master 115 28.92

Basic Dodge 20 familiar 136
    Duck 20 familiar 136
    Sidestep 20 familiar 136
    Jump 20 familiar 107
    Killing Blow 1 novice 0
    Leg Dodge 36 learned 133
    Recovery 40 capable 0
    Swaying Dodge 100 grand master 172
    Feint Awareness 20 familiar 0
    Missile Awareness 20 familiar 78
    Backwards Rise 20 familiar 61

Outdoor Survival 30 learned 70 5.38

Craft Basic Torch 21 familiar 104
    Find Firewood 1 novice 55

Hunting 20 familiar 50 13.51

Basic Skinning 16 practiced 79
    Deadfall Snares 1 novice 40

Locksmithing 4 novice 12 0.33

Pick Lock-Unlocking 3 novice 18

Languages Rank Rank Bonus Language Points
    Languages 18 practiced 46 SPs: 0.0

Spoken Iridinian 50 outstanding 124 0
    Spoken Remathen 18 practiced 80 0.555

Time left until the next training cycle: 5.4 hrs

Total Combat Ranks: 853
    Total Non-Combat Ranks: 96

General Skill Points: 20.0
    You are using 5 skill slot(s), out of a total of 5.

For action syntax and use, type: skills ?

================================================== ============================
    <djazonic> tiko: do you know how to setup a win2k's telnet server?
    <JediPimp> djazonic: format c:\ ; <insert linux CD>
    ------------------------------------------------
    Herdias boggles and says to Marnevel, "a man in a woman's body gots to do what a man in a woman's body gots to do."
    Marnevel supercats to you, "Look for cat, cat walks away from crowd, kill cat, get training, get food."
    Japes says to Archimedes_plutonium, "Ok mister Robin Hood. I'll consider a solution to that predicament."

RIP Vash! <3

Comment

Wow, OP non com stats. What was that level of empathy like? Dogs always humping your legs?

Comment

Originally posted by The_thief View Post
        Wow, OP non com stats. What was that level of empathy like? Dogs always humping your legs?
        Seemed to help with broker prices a bit, also dogs were super friendly without prompting. I originally planned to be a non-com with him, but that didn't last (it never does for me).
        <djazonic> tiko: do you know how to setup a win2k's telnet server?
        <JediPimp> djazonic: format c:\ ; <insert linux CD>
        Herdias boggles and says to Marnevel, "a man in a woman's body gots to do what a man in a woman's body gots to do."
        Marnevel supercats to you, "Look for cat, cat walks away from crowd, kill cat, get training, get food."
        Japes says to Archimedes_plutonium, "Ok mister Robin Hood. I'll consider a solution to that predicament."

Comment

Working...
        X