Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Sheep of 2020

Heya folks,

I know a few of us have noticed the Sheepening of 2020. Well guess what? If you want to help figure out where this lag is coming from you can help!

Post here on this thread the following information.
    If you are not comfortable posting on this forum post we will be opening up a thread on the Discord for feedback as well.

Time of day (EST) the lag occured:
    What command you typed before you felt the pause:
    How long you think the pause was: (Rough estimate is fine)
    What area of the gameworld your character was in:
    What were you doing just before the pause occured: (For example, opening lockboxes, just fighting npcs, traveling from one area to another in-game, just got out of the @play menu, ect)

Thanks!

​​​​​​​
    TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
    "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
    "Shiloboy wins.
    Fatality.
    Keep up the good work."

Walking, stock command, skills command. Sometimes attacks. Whenever I play.

Comment

I'm sorry but we've all posted our issues on other posts, spoke about it in the W.A. and reported it and receiving nothing back in return.

What's another forum thread going to achieve? If they want to fix the problem then increase their lines of communication and start talking to the players about it.

Forget about additional features for now and focus on the major issue. It's driving people away. Before someone says, "But we had 50 on Saturday night", that was probably one of the very few times this has happened in the last few months. We were achieving constant 50-60 this time last year every day.

​​​​​I honestly think they need more people to help. There are lots of skilled coders willing to put in the effort for free

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post
        I'm sorry but we've all posted our issues on other posts, spoke about it in the W.A. and reported it and receiving nothing back in return.

What's another forum thread going to achieve? If they want to fix the problem then increase their lines of communication and start talking to the players about it.

Forget about additional features for now and focus on the major issue. It's driving people away. Before someone says, "But we had 50 on Saturday night", that was probably one of the very few times this has happened in the last few months. We were achieving constant 50-60 this time last year every day.

​​​​​I honestly think they need more people to help. There are lots of skilled coders willing to put in the effort for free
        Wasn't Saturday an auction night though? I honestly haven't played realistically in months so I can't specify when Lag has happened. I know I find it mostly during combat, or walking places.. So I'm not sure what's going on specifically..

Comment

Time of day (EST) the lag occured: 8:05 pm
          What command you typed before you felt the pause: SS
          How long you think the pause was: (Rough estimate is fine) 1 second
          What area of the gameworld your character was in: Iridine baths
          What were you doing just before the pause occured: (For example, opening lockboxes, just fighting npcs, traveling from one area to another in-game, just got out of the @play menu, ect): I had typed skills first followed by SS to check my health.

Time of day (EST) the lag occured: 8:12 pm (following backup)
          What command you typed before you felt the pause: e
          How long you think the pause was: (Rough estimate is fine): 3 seconds
          What area of the gameworld your character was in: South of the bank
          What were you doing just before the pause occured: (For example, opening lockboxes, just fighting npcs, traveling from one area to another in-game, just got out of the @play menu, ect) Just loaded into the game on my character and I was trying to move to the east.
          TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
          Fatality.
          Keep up the good work."

Comment

Full Game DC on Multiple Clients: 3/14 8:32-8:33 pm
            TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
            Fatality.
            Keep up the good work."

Comment

Can confirm the 5 minute thing:
              Lag 12:33am, 12:38am, DC around 12:40, lag again at 12:43am, 12:48am, 12:53am, 12:58am, 1:03am, 1:08am. DC at 1:10am. I'd check timer jobs?
              Last edited by herdias; 03-15-2020, 09:03 PM. Reason: It kept lagging.

Comment

We could stop for a moment and remember backups have been backing up/occuring twice, 5 minutes between eachother too. usually around an 07 min mark and 13 minute mark.

I'm personally concerned the backup is trying to run even more often than the twice(well four times counting the am/pm ones triggering twice within a few minutes) right next to each other we're seeing.

The lag could honestly be from a hidden backup going off.

Comment

We did another test today and I have the same results to report as Herdias.

4:23 pm
                  5:08 pm
                  6:28 pm
                  8:03 pm
                  8:33 pm
                  10:58 pm
                  12:43 am
                  1:23 am
                  1:38 am

At these intervals there is a slight bit of lag that lasts anywhere from 1 second to upward of 3-5

TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
                  Fatality.
                  Keep up the good work."

Comment

While I didn't experience it myself (RL priorities) there were several reports of the game having a huge lag/dc event at 6:21 EDT today in Discord.
                    TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
                    Fatality.
                    Keep up the good work."

Comment

After the backup today the lag is now hitting at :01 and :06

Interestingly enough, unless the server is slightly behind it seems like the server pause comes 10-15 seconds after the minute change.
                      TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
                      Fatality.
                      Keep up the good work."

Comment

Working...
                      X