Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for Returning Players (Welcome back!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Returning Players (Welcome back!)

Happy to see a number of old familiar faces back ‘round these parts. It was a disorienting experience for me when I logged back in for the first time after seven or eight some years. Figured it might be helpful to post some resources for ya'll to browse while ya get re-acquainted.

The most helpful is likely the community run TEC Wiki, with maps, lists of hunting grounds, and great break-downs on things that may be new to returning players, like Veteran Characters: http://eternal-city.wikidot.com/

Next most helpful, though with lots of nonsense to sift through, is the TEC Discord, with channels for general discussion and many other subjects, and specific tabs for mechanics and aux-chat for questions about how to play: https://discord.gg/fevBA8j - Great place for live help and ongoing chatter about the state of the game.

Some interesting things that might be new or forgotten:

@Chop and @Retire are ways to end the story of your character, whether with a story-driven or completely quiet death/departure. Like an end to a PK, both of these options can lead to an award of a Veteran Character, expanded in some ways since their introduction in 2008.

Additional note: Premium accounts can roll VC1s for free, as long as the account has an open character slot. Accounts that haven't logged in for a long time may also have a free VC1 package, which is separate than the Premium perk.

Iridine is ever still at war with Cinera. Big clash at the war front, in a border town called Franlius. It’s one of the areas in the game world with reputation based rewards available. It’s also one of the areas in the game world with scaling difficulty available for different combat levels. Different GM/SG/SGLite driven storylines are ongoing, and TEC staff have been dropping hints that something new is brewing.

New Traits are being developed, with re-traits to be available to existing characters. Characters will no longer be stuck with what they picked a decade or so ago.

There are new ways for new characters to make their way, including the Ludus for boosted training for the first 750 ranks, various low level hunting grounds, and the O’dH, more info here: http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...m-de-humanitas

And lastly, some common commands:
    Say
    Emote or :
    Who
    Think
    Look
    Focus tile
    Send
    Ssk
    Ss
    Stats
    Skills
    Walk to toga
    @macro
    Posture
    Condition
    Approach/retreat
    Target
    @hps
    Inv
    Iw
    Stock
    Buy
    Wealth
    @Commands-search x
    AC .
    Match .
    Holdings
    @request/@report/@feedback
    Kudos
    account

The "how to play" will come back to you soon - it'll be like riding a bike. Welcome back - stoked to see folks peeking in. Hope to see your old (and new!) characters around town.
    Last edited by Elowynn; 07-01-2020, 10:31 AM.

If you've made a new character it may be a good idea to toggle ON passivecover and passivewield.
    You'd think these would be defaulted to your advantage but they are not.

Have fun in there!

Comment

Worth noting they added in a @command-search <text> command can search whatever you type and find any commands you think you sort of remember but can't quite figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post
        If you've made a new character it may be a good idea to toggle ON passivecover and passivewield.
        You'd think these would be defaulted to your advantage but they are not.

Have fun in there!
        These have been defaulted to the on position for a while now for newly created characters.

Comment

Thanks, Elowynn! I learned a bunch of stuff and I've been back for a month! Ha!

Comment

You're awesome Pranzor I've gotten arrested on new characters so many times because of that. Glad it got changed.

Comment

As a new command that a returning player might not even know about, I find the collect command extremely useful. Specifically the 'contents' and 'skinned' instances.

A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
              A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
              A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

skinned? what's that one do?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                  skinned? what's that one do?
                  collect fang skinned from <1-10> corpse

This will iterate through skinning a single fan from corpses 1-10

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information