I can't play *crys*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't play *crys*

I quit playing the Pyro090 account of mine- with Knarc Denots.
    Quit paying for it as well- then, Deleted it.
    Created multible accounts to get a char with stats- Cheating?

Yes- I have been screwed and banned by the GM's because of this. So I know now - *tisk tisk* Don't do it!

But I thought about it.... Why did I feel the need to create multible accounts, rolling for a char to have good stats?

Because- Someone('s) had the bright idea to change the TEC system.
    Now it is based on LUCK just as much as - 1) Time (2) Effort (3) Skills.

I honestly hate the fact, that a character with Better STATS- can become better than someone with more skills - Time - all around effort.

I Want to see a TEC, for the Hardcore TEC addict! Such as myself.
    I want the OLD TEC back! - I seriously Hate - Cycles- but I do like the week cycle, much more than the 1day cycle.

Cycle's suck - I mean, If I want to play a char all day long, and train all day long- day after day after day -- and if that is what I enjoy!~ I should be able to do it!

I know that it was TEC players- that must have complained to get the Cycle's in the first place. -- Because- They couldn't play as much as other people- and were being passed up by skills.

You know what? Hell YES! That's the way it should be... Even in a role-playing world. --- " He who trains harder- will hit harder."

In Real life- Someone who puts away ALL other things- and focus's on 1 thing - and works at it as hard as he can- will naturally be better than everyone else!

Why can't a game- I put aside all other things for , be based off - TIME + EFFORT = Skill. I like that formula alot better than -
    Luck + Time = Skill. Because - Luck sucks! I sadly rolled 25 accounts, with 2 char slots each - and the best Speed I could roll was exceptional.

Which SCREWS me - from being able to be as good as Tigrus, or Slyte, or a stavesmen with Inhuman speed-

And even with the Old system - Stats made a difference! Same ranks - One person with More DEX or STR -- Could win , because they had better chance for Crit- or did More DMG per hit.

But, It wasn't so drastic!

So in the mean while of being screwed from the 1 thing I had in my pathetic excuse of a life- I finally have decided to come out and ask the question - How many people would like to have the Old TEC - and why?
    Who likes it like it is --- Why?

I mean, Think about the players that have been around for years.
    For people new comming into the game- Never in their wildest dreams, can they be 200 in basics - 100 in all skills.

Like others from the Old TEC. Which screws any new people from comming to the game- that want to try to be a "top dog"

I think that how good your character is, shoudl be based on How much you play- Not how good your stats are- because in the end- Stats matter WAY TO MUCH!

I love TEC.. I'm a loser and it's all I have that makes me happy - I'm not gonna lie-

I deleted my Pyro090 account, to play a new character, with a crappy Exceptional speed. After 60 character rolls.. then a friend of mine rolls Inhuman speed- after 3 Trys... Which pisses me off, and makes me go crazy- creating accounts again-

The GM's didn't screw me for life though - August 10th I will be able to come back , and until then I hope I don't kill my self of insanity- because I'm sure you all know by now I am.

Plus - after being soo pissed I can't play TEC, I went and drank a 30 pack by myself - and that's not helping my light-weight ass much either.

Seriously though --- I am pissed how Stats matter more than Time spent playing.
    I'm pissed about how the GM's don't care how long you've played or what you have to lose.- And they can just kick you from it so easy without a care in the world. I mean- I lost my freak'n character already - Now I have to lose the only thing that keeps me happy? I honestly think I'm the biggest TEC addict ever!
    I would cry if I lost TEC for good. haha..
    It's not like I used OOC stuff to kill someone- or Ruin someone else's char-- That would make sense to me, for being Banned.

But in a game where Stats matter so much- It's almost not hard to turn around and 'cheat' to get them.

This thing is about 1hr read--- But I just want to hear your thoughts and comments from other players in the game.

If you feel like being rude and telling me to get a life? F U! TEC is my life - and I'm happy like that. I'm a pathetic bastard and I don't care. hah.

This forum will probably be deleted or ended- I dunno but I want to know if the players of TEC think what I did "creating accounts" -
    How mad you are to hear, that I' have done that.--
    And- about the System change-

--- Fin

Okay, this seems to be the reasons why the old system broke down. Feel free to add in or subtract out as this old Jew's memmory fades in and out.

Let us say you are able to train up 600 in basics and a variety of high level subskills. You are able to destroy everything. You quickly own combat zones. So now the GMs have to make more difficult npcs so that you don't destroy the economy because what normal people earn in a week, you earn in an hour. Now the GMs get to craft unique combat zones entirely for 3 or 4 players (though others may go to them in time).

The alternative is to make existing npcs more difficult. This means that existing players get to spend more time to become proficent enough to make a living or just have fun hunting. You've just raised the bar. Maybe it is only a few notches, but give it a year and the bar is quite high.

This means that players now have to spend X amount of months to be able to have fun at hunting. You might say that isn't so bad, but when the X becomes better than 8 or so months, why bother?

Why would a newbie join a game if it is going to take nearly a year to have any fun in killing solid creatures and making a decent living?

The second part of the time thing is that characters should be free to roleplay and die. Characters should die. If it takes you better than a year to have fun, and your character dies off, now you have another year to work to become decent.

This leads to the next part. If it takes so many years and hours to become good, why would you risk this character? If you can involve virtually no risk by hunting at the hunting grounds that the newbies hunt at, why not hunt there? Now the small hunting grounds, which are already filled by people that have to work that much harder because the bar has been raised, have experienced players at them because they want the hunt/money without the risk. They can't be blamed because they isn't a really great incentive to go elsewhere. The medium warriors, feeling that they will fall under the bar, have to spend time at this lower hunting grounds as well just to keep up with the gameworld.

That being said, I don't like the cycle system. I loved to make one big day of hunting and gaining xp. The new system seems, as I passed out of it just at the change, to reward standing around and sparring people again without risk. I was opposed to the daily cycle because I didn't like to be hemmed in to play everyday just to keep up. I liked the rank bonus reduction, but I think there must be a better way than cycles. I just don't have it.
    Originally posted by Ilaxandus
    Differential equations AGAIN???? FML

Comment

Thank you for your Insight- and I do agree in some ways.

The Cycle- I really dislike.. but ask for as the Loweer Rank bonus for going over 100, it's not so bad, keeps people from training ONLY in basics....
      Good point-

Please write any other insight or thought anyone else may have to help me better undrestand WHY we have a dumb arse Cycle, inthe first place.

Comment

No offense, but you have to be pretty ignorant to not realize that making multiple accounts is against the rules.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may
        have to back up his acts with his life."

Robert A. Heinlein

"I would spread the cloths under your feet:
        But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
        I have spread my dreams under your feet;
        Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

Yeats

Comment

rerolling should be against the rules too

Comment

Its so weird. I read that entire initial post, and now I feel dumber...damnest thing.

Comment

That's a pretty hard thing to do, too.
              I script the Ravines.

Comment

The whole Idea of "re-rolling" is just as bad, as making a buncha accounts and doing it if you ask me. Re-rolling should be illegal.

I don't know if I ever said I didn't know it was wrong, I mean- i knew it was cheating but didn't know i'd get banned for it, figured they would just tell me to quit, and delete all the accounts- and took my chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro090
                  I don't know if I ever said I didn't know it was wrong, I mean- i knew it was cheating but didn't know i'd get banned for it, figured they would just tell me to quit, and delete all the accounts- and took my chances.
                  Gee, I knew robbing that store was illegal, but I never thought the police would arrest me for it. I thought they'd just tell me to give the money back and go home.

- Hoi

Comment

Originally posted by Koeii
                    Gee, I knew robbing that store was illegal, but I never thought the police would arrest me for it. I thought they'd just tell me to give the money back and go home.

- Hoi
                    Some people just aren't worth the finger exercise it takes to type at them.
                    "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Comment

What would happen if Tec had 100 new hunting grounds and 1000 new opponents to hunt/fight/kill/ have fun with?

I think I just forgot something...

I'm trying to decide if I want lunch or dinner. That's enough for me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Trump
                        What would happen if Tec had 100 new hunting grounds and 1000 new opponents to hunt/fight/kill/ have fun with?
                        1,000,000 times the bug abuse?
                        Go here. Y'know you want to.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
                        Originally posted by Japes
                        To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."

Comment

One million times the lag, maybe.

Mast3rmind, if you hate the players so much why did you come back?

Comment

Oh, I don't hate the players. I'm disgusted by most, disappointed by others, but there are quite a few who I enjoy interacting with.
                            Go here. Y'know you want to.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
                            Originally posted by Japes
                            To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."

Comment

If you are disgusted with or disappointed with most of the players why did you come back?

Comment

Working...
                              X