OOC and IC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC and IC.

I dunno about the majority of you, but I've experienced a whole lot of OOC/IC information crossing lately that has just got me feeling like this game is headed right into a shithole. Everything from IC investigations done through MSN, IC investigations conducted through OOC means IG, sleeping off consequences, and seperating character from player, Character discrimination for actions committed by the player, Character favoritism for other characters based off the player, and bug abuse, and failure to report.

I'm no angel myself, I have a handful of people I chat with on MSN, TEC is often the topic of discussion. But where my conversations are laughing about the game, talking about mechanics, cool moves, possibilities IG.. others are straight up spreading mass rumors, and conducting investigations that should be done IG through them, and then using the information IG that they gathered. No one can be IC 100% of the time, theres always little slips that are overlooked, and if they're innocent like, "I need to get some lessons, you IG? I'll think for you." Who's going to get hurt? But this community needs a reminder on where to draw the line.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like this, but I'm having trouble logging into this atmoshpere. I'd say 60% of the time I play TEC it's for the mechanics, I love this combat system, I have my qualms with some mechanics but overall it's a good pachage. the other 40% of the time I enjoy some really awesome RP, whether it be ongoing or created for the sake of roleplaying. The current state of the game and the general attitude of 'combat OOC with OOC' is the worst it's ever been in TEC, and the people behind it are frighteningly in positions of power in nearly every aspect of the game.

Throw accusations if you like, flame, do the typical TEC web forum thing. I anticipate this thread getting shredded to bits with hate and name calling. What I'm hoping for though is a realization in this community that by taking advantage of all the means mentioned before, you are truly missing out on what makes this game one worthy of being reviews in PC gamer, even if it was 12 years ago.
    Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
    I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
    Originally posted by Phwoar
    Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
    Originally posted by Elowynn
    Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Get the fudge up. THIS BOAT IS REAL.

Comment

I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
        I dunno about the majority of you, but I've experienced a whole lot of OOC/IC information crossing lately.....
        I still say, name and shame them.

I reported everyone I discovered cheating - those people are still playing, still cheating and appear to have never even been pulled up for it, if what they say is to be believed. I even provided proof for many of them. When I discovered that even the players I thought highly of, were at it, it totally killed my enjoyment of the game. Maybe I was just naive before.
        "Correcting wrongs on the internet is like subtracting 1 from infinity." - QDB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzy View Post
          I still say, name and shame them.

I reported everyone I discovered cheating - those people are still playing, still cheating and appear to have never even been pulled up for it, if what they say is to be believed. I even provided proof for many of them. When I discovered that even the players I thought highly of, were at it, it totally killed my enjoyment of the game. Maybe I was just naive before.
          Some people are worthy of redemption, but a lot aren't. I gave up reporting people because the GMs don't care or listen anymore.

Comment

Post there names right here.
            I've had to delete SEVERAL post of yours due to language. I suggest you consider a different vocabulary to express yourself.

Comment

TEC has always had this problem. All games do. The only thing I can recommend to you is to delete MSN.

I stopped using MSN for TEC purposes a long time ago, and my playing experience has been just dandy and I personally have not ran into anything OOC in game in quite a long time.

TEC becomes twice as fun without the use of OOC tools, in my opinion.

Comment

I'm generally okay with people disliking Delora because they OOCly dislike me, because she's not exactly meant to be liked. But when people act like complete assholes to my alts, just because they dislike me as a player, then there are going to be a few problems. And I probably will report them. But also, when players go out of their way to make their characters say things that are targeted at me and not my characters, I will generally get pissed off too.

We're all playing this game as a break away from real life. We don't need to be reminded of our real lives in the game, on a character whose life is completely different.

My two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Misty X View Post
                  I'm generally okay with people disliking Delora because they OOCly dislike me, because she's not exactly meant to be liked. But when people act like complete assholes to my alts, just because they dislike me as a player, then there are going to be a few problems. And I probably will report them. But also, when players go out of their way to make their characters say things that are targeted at me and not my characters, I will generally get pissed off too.

We're all playing this game as a break away from real life. We don't need to be reminded of our real lives in the game, on a character whose life is completely different.

My two cents.
                  Tis why I make alts that no one knows I play

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                    Tis why I make alts that no one knows I play
                    I know your alts.

Comment

I know your alts.
                      Two of the five

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                        Two of the five
                        *cyberstalks*

Comment

There is a cute Circle with a slash through it, just because I have someone from tec added doesnt mean I have them unblocked.
                          CENSORED

Comment

The fact that some of you people even try to report this stuff is laughable. People who get caught red-handed are immediately left off the hook including repeat offenders. There are people who made 1000+ talents off of bugs x-fered it to their mains and have become tec's grandmaster merchant without anyone questioning it.

Yes I have seen a large jump in blatant cheating as well as people not being able to keep IC for the life of them. This saddens my loins.

Soon as gm's give the go-ahead on name and shames or I am convinced we have zero gm's left I'll commence with the screenies.

Comment

My two cents.
                              <Delora thinks aloud: Yeah, well. At least I don't have multiple personalities
                              all trying to control the one body, Slarth. In comparison I am mentally sound.>

Comment

Working...
                              X