A Death in the Family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Death in the Family

I am about to go to work so I do not have time to write out a decent post...but I wanted to share somehow so I figured I would copy and paste.

Bhellings wakes up.
    Bhellings says, "Hey."
    Bhellings looks at you.
    You x, "Hello."

Bhellings describes himself...
    You see a slight man. He has dark-brown, almost black eyes set above a
    prominent nose, full lips and a square chin. He has a pleasant face, with a tan
    complexion. He has short straight brown hair.
    His hands appear to be empty.
    Bhellings says to you, "I'm talking to malezzerais wife."
    You listen.
    Bhellings says to you, "He died yesterday."
    Bhellings says to you, "The player."
    You frown.
    Bhellings says, "I'm trying to get ahold of the game masters."
    You x, "Im sorry to hear that."
    Bhellings frowns, "Ruined my day."
    You x, "How did it happen?"
    Bhellings says, "Cancer."
    Bhellings says, "Lung cancer."
    Arodd wakes up.
    Arodd enters the world of Midlight.
    Bhellings says, "I haven't logged into this game in literally a month."
    Bhellings says, "Wanted to tell someone. Anyone. He has an org and the members
    will be wondering where there leader is."
    89Blazer wakes up.
    Benjaminswords wakes up.
    Bhellings leaves The Eternal City.
    Please make certain that what you are sending to the GMs is a vital emergency.
    See ?contacting for more details.
    You communicate to the administrative staff, "! Anyone?"
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I will kill you all."

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Tale responds from afar, "You have, right now, more unspent sp than I've ever accumilated with characters I've actually played with total, in almost 14 years."

Rest in Peace Malez. We shall meet again. I started TEC about the same time as Malez. We learned forbidden skills together and evaded the wrath of the Rats.
    He will be sorely missed.
    Last edited by Apresvous; 06-19-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

A Death in the Family

I don't really know how to say this, so I'm just going to:

Michael, Malazzerai DeSallant, is dead. He died yesterday (18.June) at 13:15 of cancer.

His wife let me know on messenger this morning and asked that I inform the community.

I think some of you knew he had been fighting cancer and that his earlier treatments were ineffective, but he remained optimistic, per the usual Malazzerai style. His wife said he was mentally present until the very end.

He was 42. He would've found humor in this. I will miss him greatly.

Go with Erai', Farwalker.

Falingore/Rethanor
      Luck! - You can't do that while you are stunned.

combat <me>
      If you have any doubts as to your own fighting ability, try the 'skills' command.

Comment

This is truly a huge a loss. He was a fantastic person, and always fun to interact with. My thoughts and prayers go to his family, he will surely be missed.

Comment

I knew Male was sick irl but I had always hoped he was getting better. Im sitting here fighting back tears as i write this. Ive known him since I started playing this game in 2000, thats a long time to be friends with someone, even someone youve never really met. He will truely be missed by everyone who plays or has ever played this game and he will be one of the few people who's loss will truely effect the game.

God bless Male, Im sure youre having a blast in heaven. You are missed.
          VOTE!!! TMS

http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vo...e+Eternal+City

Originally posted by xiaozh
          There, I saw Neptune himself demonstrating Hypnoticus Pirate Style.
          Originally posted by SirLocke
          Hypnoticus and I remember a time when those that wield tridents were gods among mere mortal men.

Comment

I have no decent words but wanted to write something.

What a horrible thing to happen to a fabulous person. He'll be so missed.
            "Correcting wrongs on the internet is like subtracting 1 from infinity." - QDB.

Comment

Michael was a truly good person. I'm sad that I didn't get to know him very well, but the people who did were blessed.

Thank you, Mal, for making TEC better, for being a friend when I knew you, and for reminding me that life's a short gift I shouldn't take for granted. You will be missed.

Comment

Saw you not too long ago in the ravines. You were in a lot of pain, but stood up all night to play with us. You always had a way with people. Always made me smile.

I'll always remember the good times from back in the day, Male. You were truly an outstanding guy. Will miss you man.

The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
                Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

I didn't get to interact with Malezzerai often, but when I did, he was fantastic. I wish I would've gotten the chance to know him better personally. But I know what he meant to the community, and he's going to be truly missed.

This is a very sad day. My condolences to all that were close to him, and his family. Cancer, you're a piece of shit.
                  Originally posted by Japes
                  It's someone slapping a "Smite Me GMs!" sticker on their forehead.
                  "Believe your voice can mean something"

Alurea Balasarre

Comment

Send her my/our condolences. He seemed like a great person. He'll be missed.
                    A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                    A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                    A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

I'm very sad to hear this. I didn't realize he had been fighting cancer. He wasn't a player I interacted with a lot, but I definitely knew who Malezzerai was. It's a big loss to the community. My condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed.
                      Don't tread on me.

Comment

Oh man. Sometimes it feel surreal when someone you have been playing with for years and years passes.
                        What a positive impact he made on so many while he was with us though.
                        Some people can live twice as long and never bring that many smiles.

My prayers are with his family now.

You have just been awarded 20 role points.(For being a part of the most disturbing scene I've ever been involved with in TEC. Ever.)

Comment

A loyal person, in game and out. I'm sorry.

Comment

I don't know a single person that's played with him that hasn't loved him. He even added me on facebook and we had a few chats. This is the first I'd heard of his illness, and this strikes me as surprising and very sad.

He added a lot to the game, but that is seemingly insignificant compared to the pain his family must be feeling.

You will be remembered with fondness.

Comment

this sucks, male was a good dude.. hell be missed
                              Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
                              Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Working...
                              X