cancer sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cancer sucks

I wanted to let everyone know the reason ladona has not been around much lately. Its not that I meant to leave people hanging honestly. I am starting cancer treatment next week. Although it is bad that I am the youngest person in there by far it is good that im the youngest person in there. I have a good chance of beating it. I am not going to be able to continue to do my job though so depending how im feeling im going to have alot of time for the game. Thanks for your consideration and patience.

I know we don't really know each other well, but I wish you all the best in your treatment. You've got the right attitude going into treatment and IMO that helps a lot. Just know you've got a lot of people here rooting you on and wishing you the best!
    Originally posted by Atilu
    You'd probably be happier if you just didn't come to the forums.
    Nicarus says to you, "Ya should shadow me an' keep track o' things. We can call it tha Dew-y number-ic system or somethin'.... have to work on that"

Comment

Good luck and keep that positive attitude.

Comment

I wish you all the best, we've never really talked oocly, but if you're the type that accepts prayer and well wishing you'll have it from me without question. I might pray for ya regardless. Either way, keep your chin up and kick its ass eh.
        "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

Cancer really does suck for you and your family. My father actually passed away exactly one month ago from cancer and he fought it for almost 2 years.

I was with my father for everything during the last two years. The treatment's are really tough and because of my father's lifestyle and attitude he couldn't take it really well, taking pauses during treatment and just generally lack of motivation to exercise or even change his lifestyle didn't help. He couldn't handle it emotionally being depressed, upset, and just grumpy all the time because he never had to endure anything in his life and always took it out on family members because of his frustration. My father lived a really unhealthy lifestyle before and after he discovered his cancer which I believe is the reason he couldn't survive it.

My aunt, father's older sister, also had the same type of cancer, but have had it under control for the last 10 years with no remission. She's like a completely different person having made so many lifestyle changes to stay healthy. My aunt also saw a Chinese acupuncturist in between treatments to further help in boosting her immune system after chemo and radiation. You might want to ask your doctor about that.

The type of treatment they had affected their swallowing capabilities, and both my father and aunt handled it differently. My father went with a Peg Tube and was on tube feed the last 2 years barely eating or drinking anything on his own where my Aunt tried her best drinking and eating healthy only despite the difficulty swallowing which she still has now. My aunt's almost a vegetarian having stayed away from most meats for the last 10 years.

Therefore my best advice is to stay positive and keep as healthy as possible through eating right and exercise. No matter how bad the treatments make you feel you must try and exercise as much as possible to boost your immune system and get rid of the stuff in your body. Should also give acupuncture a try because you'll probably have a long break between your treatments and its better then sitting around doing nothing during the break. Chinese medicine focus on boosting the immune system through its medicines and treatments to expel the bad stuff left after radiation and chemo.

Anyways, in game, Ladona was one of characters I've had the most interaction with and even though I haven't been able to find myself to jump back into the game, I wish you the best.
          Sceadu steps out of the shadows.
          Sceadu says to you, "Please explain. It's something I've been looking into."
          Tale grins.
          Tale says, "The all-seeing, all-hearing Sceadu."
          Sceadu nods.

Comment

Cancer does suck. My cousin who is 26 was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung/bone/liver cancer. She went to the hospital with lung pains and the doctor came back with terrible news. She has been working on her bucket list ever since. Doctors said she has something like 6 months left. You never realize how short life is, and how much you take things for granted until something like this happens.

I wish you well and hope for a speedy recovery.
            Awesome.

Comment

youll be alright i know it!
              Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
              Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Best of luck to you as you start a pretty rough new venture.
                You know we'll all be here for you any time you need a crew of support.
                And, you're right. I had a friend kick cancer in the ass cause he was young enough and strong enough to push through. It was a pretty daunting case, too. You got us if you need us!

You have just been awarded 20 role points.(For being a part of the most disturbing scene I've ever been involved with in TEC. Ever.)

Comment

Best of luck. Just stay positive, you'll pull through in the end.

And if you ever need support, that's what we're here for.

Comment

Make sure you look into alternative treatments, too. Cannabis Oil as an example has been shown to treat and cure several types of cancer (Not all), with none of the debilitating Chemo.

Stress is one of the main contributors to cancer getting in and taking over. I can't imagine a doctor recommending any kind of eastern medicine, but getting your head right might be one of the biggest tools you have to beating back the illness. I also highly recommend starting a garden. Not only for the therapeutic effects, but to grow your own food and improve your diet. You don't want to be eating processed food, it's like trying to run your lawn mower on Diesel. The laundry list of chemical substances in every day packaged goods is frightening to say the least, and the less of them you have in your life the better chances you have.

Also, check out Stanislaw Burzynski.
                    Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                    I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                    Originally posted by Phwoar
                    Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                    Originally posted by Elowynn
                    Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

I agree completely with Rupert; your diet is very important during this time. Try to eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables. Make sure to spend at least 10 minutes a day outside to get the adequate daily amount of Vitamin D.

I do not know what type of cancer you have, but another alternative treatment is using food-grade Hydrogen Pyroxide, which is especially helpful to those who have been newly diagnosed.

It is upsetting when anyone from our little family here at TEC goes through these sorts of things, and I hope your treatment is successful and you recover quickly.

Take care.
                      Originally posted by Felisin
                      Too many carebears in this game
                      Originally posted by Felisin
                      This game is less about RP and more about epeen and griefing.
                      On the Introduction of Magic into TEC:
                      Originally posted by Sandestin
                      Seriously, as much as Araminta would love to throw fireballs at Rubico, you know that's not gonna happen.

Comment

Good luck and take care.
                        Originally posted by Usuichii
                        Vyshka the Wyvern hisses to a round silver mirror, "Rythvea"

If you say it three times, they say they'll come after you that night.
                        Originally posted by fiendish_thingy
                        They say the last thing you notice before you die is the faint smell of cinnamon and bacon.
                        Originally posted by kaoslace
                        I find your lack of doughnuts disturbing.

Comment

I fought cancer for nearly five years. I'm now past my remission stage and 'cured.' But before that, I went through rounds and rounds of chemo, remissed, relapsed, repeat. I finally underwent a bone marrow transplant.

I can't disagree with anything people have said here, except that 'chemical medicine' isn't as vile as many people make it out to be. It hurts, yes. It makes you sick in other ways, yes. But it does work in many cases. If you are going to try alternate medicines please do so with consultation from your doctor. These things can have very bad interactions.

Eat healthy. I agree, start your own garden or, if you're not up to that, have someone with a garden do it. Buy local. Stay away from store-bought veggies. Pesticides are vile.

Cancer treatment can seriously nuke your immune system so there are things you can't do. Gardening can cause problems if your ground has mold at all so do be careful what you choose to do.

Positive thinking is best. Before chemical treatment, during, etc. drink lots of water and powerade. It'll help flush it from your organs faster and make you feel better.

Comment

you have my aim hun..anytime you need to chat just let me know ...when ya feel like playing I'll be there too.

Comment

You'll be in my thoughts, dear. I'll be talking to you IG when I see you to check in and see how you're doing! Keep the faith, keep moving forward, and you'll be through this in no time!
                              Originally posted by Japes
                              It's someone slapping a "Smite Me GMs!" sticker on their forehead.
                              "Believe your voice can mean something"

Alurea Balasarre

Comment

Working...
                              X